Eating In Thai Restaurants - Plant Based, No Dairy, No Oil

Taggart

I'm sixty three years of age, and with a height of 5'7" and a weight of 155 lbs., and not an athlete, I could certainly stand to lose a few pounds. I've been doing exercise walking at a fast pace most days of the week for at least forty minutes a session and have been doing so since I retired over seven years ago.

I'm not religious about it, and I'll try to order what seems to me to be the healthiest item on the menu, but for the last few weeks I've been doing my best to eat mostly a plant based diet, with hardly any dairy, and the less oil the better. I find the more I concentrate on this type of eating, the more vegetables and fruit I eat, and the better I feel.

A couple of months ago I was starting to feel a slight pain on the left side of my chest. Probably enjoyed the deep fried fish & chips a bit too often. Since then, I've dropped deep fried foods out of my diet altogether and no chest discomfort since.

I don't live in Thailand, but I do visit there with my wife every one to two years for vacation.

Are there any meals or foods I can order in Thai restaurants that would meet my criteria above?

I suppose Som Tam or else Mango salad would fit. Also, perhaps rice with steamed veggies, although I haven't yet asked for that yet.

Anything else, anyone can think off? Would like to get a few more options for variety.