Gasless Mig Wire

VETO72

Have you tried Global House or the shops at the junction / crossroad at the Super Highway Mae Rim

yes have tried them they stock standard mig wire that requires co2...will try Nana Screw tomorrow...next will be looking at BKK outlets..lincoln, cigweld etc

What your actually looking for is "Flux-cored arc welding wire" FCAW for gas free wire welding.

Are you welding in windy conditions? If not your better off to use gas and regular MIG wire.If your setup will allow it.

SP

Edited by highonthai

What your actually looking for is "Flux-cored arc welding wire" FCAW for gas free wire welding.

Are you welding in windy conditions? If not your better off to use gas and regular MIG wire.If your setup will allow it.

yeah my setup can use gas but i dont like the hassle of the bottles and like to be mobile.. i also do alot of work outside in the breeze ...... working up on 2 mtr steel scaff , im only using my mig on 1.2 mm or less ...otherwise the arc welder comes out....my wife found a place that sells the gasless wire as well in c/mai....all good...cheers

SP

"my wife found a place that sells the gasless wire as well in c/mai...."

Congratulations!

And where is this place now?

drive past nana screw and take the left [dont go down the moat] keep going and turn left at the first set of lights..go down about 200 mtrs and its on your left...massive machinery shop called Arkarnsin ph 053252525.................one of the guys behind the counter could speak english as well....they only had one .4kg roll but are ordering more in ...quite pricey at 900bht a roll..all good