Chairman Of Icann And Creator Of Internet Visits Prime Minister Yingluck

Lite Beer

Chairman of ICANN and creator of internet visits Prime Minister Yingluck

BANGKOK, 10th May 2013 (NNT) - Dr. Steve Crocker, Chairman of the Board of The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and one of the creators of the internet, paid a visit to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra at the Parliament house on the 7th June, 2013.

According to Government Spokesperson Teerat Ratanasevi, , Dr. Crocker complimented Thailand as one of the top ranking countries for prioritizing internet security. He congratulated Thailand on its 25th year anniversary of the Thai internet and the registering of the “.th” domain. He also praised the government’s “tablet PC for education”, adding that he would work closely with the Thai government to maintain internet security standards.

ICANN has also upgraded its IP address from IPv4 to IPv6 to accommodate future expansion in internet network systems. Mr. Teerat stated that Thailand places great importance on the internet, especially in publicizing information on health, education, and security.

The government also has a policy to provide more available access to support internet user demand in all sectors. It also looks forward to working together more closely with ICANN now that the latter has set up its’ new office in Singapore to serve as the central base in Asia

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-06-10 footer_n.gif

Internet is just a computer network and came after computer networks were invented. The fact it's worldwide has more to do with global co-operation and defence funding than it does technology advancements.

I propose a network which spans the solar system; the 'HarryNet' shall be my invention when it happens.

• Like 1

Clearly a s chit chat feel happy meeting

Clearly, since they've put their Central Base offices for Asia in Singapore and not Bangkok.. too bad, I can see the headlines now... "Thailand, internet hub of Asia."

Edited by khaowong1
  • Like 1

Tim Berners-Lee is the creator of the internet

No he isn't.

The internet (the connections between networks of computers using TCP/IP) predates that.

Sorry - not the first person to point that out obviously...

If you're going to pick one person as the inventor of the internet I, personally, would say Vinton Cerf, but Crocker is definitely up there...

Edited by bkk_mike
  • Like 1

What a load of BS, nothing about internet censorship, ICT, poor internet connections, prosecution of people for posting stuff on the internet that might upset a few people, etc, etc

I would have thought inviting the founder of SKYPE would have been a better option, given that the country is run by a fugitve calling in on SKYPE to issue his commands.

Would you have gone after Alexander Graham Bell for someone making an obscene or threatening phone call?

What a load of BS, nothing about internet censorship, ICT, poor internet connections, prosecution of people for posting stuff on the internet that might upset a few people, etc, etc

I would have thought inviting the founder of SKYPE would have been a better option, given that the country is run by a fugitve calling in on SKYPE to issue his commands.

Would you have gone after Alexander Graham Bell for someone making an obscene or threatening phone call?

Good point of view skype being used for obscene and threatening phone calls from Dubai.

I like it.

But your rite they have nothing to do with the inventor of Skype.