Drunk Neighbour Playing Bo-Lan Music Throughout The Entire Day

MaiDong

Find a couple of friends in your village. Give each of them a bottle of whisky for them and 500baht for the BIB. If you promise another bottle if the guy is still silent at the end of the month you may at least get a little peace and quiet.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blew my top today, couldn't help it, got back from a bike ride in the rain, soaked through, and the prick out the back was playing his fkin BO-LAN(Thai language removed) music at full blast.

I flew round there, looking like a crazed drowned rat, explained rather loudly that he had to turn it down, none of us could hear ourselves thinking, all of his neighbours were fed up with him and his music, and that I was increasingly going mad because of it.

Both him and his wife laughed nervously, saying 'lor, lor', they then turned it down and I haven't heard it since.

VERY SATISFIED.

Although I know I'll need to do the same again tomorrow when he's drunk again.

And for those of you who don't know what kind of music we've been tortured by, here is a sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbrDx0GPZ0I

Edited by metisdead
English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

That's probably not the best example of < Thai language removed > but it's all I could find, and it gives you an idea of what we have to put up with the 12 hours a day - it's country music, Thai style...

Edited by metisdead
English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.
  • Like 1

That's probably not the best example of โบราณ but it's all I could find, and it gives you an idea of what we have to put up with the 12 hours a day - it's country music, Thai style...

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif hopefully its peacefull now so goodnight

Small cement mixer with a few large stones will have a similar effect, better still if its the electric motor type, then you can set a timer for it to start just at the time he's awakening with his hangover..

Drunks don't get hangovers.

exactly right...they just wake up and pour another drink and turn up the music...

'dulang dulang dulang...'

I don't know what all the fuss is about...mostly it's just the neighbors with a wedding party started at 0600hrs and ye ain't got the heart to 'rain on de parade'...

offer the crazy neighbor a pair of cheap headphones...invite him over for a drink first...

Small cement mixer with a few large stones will have a similar effect, better still if its the electric motor type, then you can set a timer for it to start just at the time he's awakening with his hangover..

Drunks don't get hangovers.

exactly right...they just wake up and pour another drink and turn up the music...

'dulang dulang dulang...'

I don't know what all the fuss is about...mostly it's just the neighbors with a wedding party started at 0600hrs and ye ain't got the heart to 'rain on de parade'...

offer the crazy neighbor a pair of cheap headphones...invite him over for a drink first...

he figured it out for now atleast i read before ,, but give the annoyer headphones not gonna solve the problem if he got friends over

or maybe it does if he is happy with them an sing along while wearing the headphones his friends might dissapear

after all than it is a drunk monk talkin to himself

Edited by retell

Some of the suggestions in this thread range from moronic to dangerous, and many are an alarming combination of the two. Piss-takers aside, it's not hard to see why so many Farang come unstuck in Thailand - I'm stunned that some here can even find their way to the airport ....

• Like 1

@ Maidong

before you posted that after a "talk " the problem was resolved for then , did you have a good night sleep ?

and did the same story start again in the morning

greets

It's common knowledge the average IQ of foreigners fluctuates inversely with ambient air temperature, thus plummeting dramatically as soon as their feet touch the tarmac at Swampy.

whats swampy?

Being the only foreigner in the village, I don't feel very comfortable speaking about him to the Pu Yai Baan, I think it'll be known to him already, and as I said earlier, he's not actually breaking the law, he's just being a nuisance, and we know how difficult it is to sort one of them out!

And therein lies one of the main problems with westerners living in isolated spots in Thailand.

Sorry about your problem. Likely there is no solution. Why? Because these topics have been posted for eons and I've never seen a report back that the problem has been solved.

Anyone disagree? Happy to be proven wrong.

Ditto.

My standard reply to such posts is MOVE.

I know that doesn't sort the problem, but it'll make your life better.

There be magic mushrooms here in LOS.....just FYI.

Just came across this: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/06/could-magic-mushrooms-be-used-to-treat-anxiety-and-depression/
Coincidentally, I was just talking about 2 minutes ago.

Bill Wilson, the founder of AA took LSD regularly when he was over 20 years sober.

I think this was for his depression. My gran, who worked in the largest mental hospital in Scotland, told me of giving alcoholics LSD.

If you've never taken LSD or been to India, you haven't lived.

Interesting youtube video from 1950.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XeO2BOdmkEg#!

It's common knowledge the average IQ of foreigners fluctuates inversely with ambient air temperature, thus plummeting dramatically as soon as their feet touch the tarmac at Swampy.

whats swampy?

no stupid question is ever asked stupid answers ,that's what TV full of , swampy is the airport in bkk (bangkok) suvarnabhoumi

i cant see what good simply putting up with it will do. i have construction across the street and while i realize that they have to make some noise, i drew thee line at the no stop radio cranking out morlam at the same time.

i walked across the street, had a word with the manager, explained to him i had been in what was my once very quiet house for the last 12 years and work from home and while I understood that they had to make some noise to work, the radio was over the top.

he understood, pulled the plug on the radio and has since made an effort to do any noisy cutting or the like as far away from my property as possible.

if i hadn't tried, i could be dancing to morlam now, but i did try, so it is as quiet as can b expected under the circumstances.

funny how that works out.

You may have been lucky..

and what would i been had i not tried?

You may have misunderstood the point of my post. I fully support your position of being upset at having the peace of your neighborhood disturbed unnecessarily.

When I said you may have been lucky I meant you obviously encountered a reasonable manager who did not take offense to your request and react accordingly.

I'm glad it worked out well for you.