How Do I Copy Cds On To A Memory Stick?

dogpoo

You have to first convert (Rip) the songs to a format (MP3) which can be stored on your HDD and then transferred to the memory stick. There are many free software programs such as Audacity the will work, but I use iTunes which will automatically convert the CD music to an MP3 file and add it to my iTunes library. It's easy to then move to a memory stick or burn to another CD in MP3 format.

• Like 1

Audio CD's are 'track' CD. Thus you can't copy it on memory stick.

Use converter like 'Musicmatch Jukebox' to convert songs to MP3 or use 'magic converter'.

Make sure your are converting songs @ 128kbps for better performance.

Strongly recommended 320 kbps encoding instead of 128.

Heard VLC media player can do the same task, it's free and indeed open source software and great.

Not sure how to convert, but some of my friends use to convert track CD's using VLC for MP3.

Edited by nachiket

Can you explain how to move from ITunes to the memory stick?

If your on a mac then you open up your music folder and then the itunes folder. You will find all your itunes music in your itunes folder.

Sorted, I have copied the CDs onto my USB storage device, it was just a question of deleting ITunes, ripping the CDs then transferring them!!

Sorted, I have copied the CDs onto my USB storage device, it was just a question of deleting ITunes, ripping the CDs then transferring them!!

What did you mean by deleting iTunes?

For someone who has never done it and has no software for it, it might be the easiest way to walk to the nearest electronics shop, and buy a DVD player with USB socket that allows CD ripping to USB. Most of Philips can do it, perhaps other brands as well. Ask the seller.

Insert CD. Insert USB stick. Pick up remote. Choose CD to USB. Select tracks (songs) you want to rip, convert to MP3 and copy to USB. Press Play.

Wait for it to complete. Done.

Otherwise you have tons of software one the net, some free, some not, that can convert to a variety of formats.

I normally used Exact Audio Copy (EAC) but that was because I wanted to keep a FLAC lossless format. Easy CD-DA Audio Extractor was another tool I used to use.

They all do about the same job.

But if you don't like to fiddle with the PC, get yourself a DVD player that can do it for you. Maybe you already have it.

Indeed very good advice!

Even my 380 baht DVD player from Lotus can do this, although I didn't try it (and yes, it was only 380 baht AND it did survive my 2 year old son 'abusing' it:))

• Like 1

Use converter like 'Musicmatch Jukebox' to convert songs to MP3 or use 'magic converter'.

Heard VLC media player can do the same task, it's free and indeed open source software and great.

Not sure how to convert, but some of my friends use to convert track CD's using VLC for MP3.

Op wants to play music in the car. Can't use VLC, or GOM, I'd say.-wai.gif

I want to copy my CDs onto a memory stick for use in the car via the USB connector, when I try to copy them it says can not do as disc is copy right protected, how do I do?

Op wants to play music in the car. Can't use VLC, or GOM, I'd say.-wai.gif

I mean, I was suggesting how to copy music on memory stick. And, I elaborate on converting MP3's to copy it on memory stick.

If you try copy MP3 stuff on memory stick, computer will transfer it as a data stuff on memory stick and thus inserting stick into USB will play your music in your car player irrespective of your music player. (Must be MP3 compatible)

I mean, this is my personal opinion per my understanding.

Thanks.

Edited by nachiket

You just made crappy mp3's. If you ever feel like getting more advanced, get something like dbpoweramp which will do it all. Essentially, you want to be making variable bit rate files. Lame are the best in terms of file size vs quality imo.

What does "deleting iTunes" have to do with this?

I have no idea but it worked!!

Every time I tried to transfer the music ITunes opened, I could not work out how to transfer music from ITunes, I deleted ITunes and I had no further problems!

Every time I tried to transfer the music ITunes opened, I could not work out how to transfer music from ITunes, I deleted ITunes and I had no further problems!

Itunes is a pile of dog turds. You did good.

• 4 months later...

What you need is just a dvd ripper tool which could help rip the dvd/CD to common formats and then copy to your memory stick.

If just need to achieve the rip work, try the dvdvideosoft introduced by Tywais, it is totally free and easy to use, while if you need a bunch of other tools integrated, you can have a try for the wondershare video converter ultimate from http://www.wondershare.com.

Make it simple Watson!

When you switch on your new,virgin comp - you will find there,courtesy of Microsoft one very useful program called:

Windows Media Player

it can play cd and it can ripp cd,you have a choice of 2 formats - wma and mp3,you have a choice of quality.

wma offer losless quality,mp3 - 128,vbr,320- the best.For car 128 is enough

what you will ripp(copy) by WindowsMediaPlayer - you will find in folder called My Music.

From MyMusic you can drag and drop your songs into pen drive.

The most difficult problem is stuck cd into dvd drive in your comp.

The rest happens automatic.It will even eject the cd after ripping,you will put it back into cd jewel box.

enjoy!

• Like 1