2 Children Beheaded By Taliban Militants, Afghan Authorities Say

webfact

2 children beheaded by militants, Afghan authorities say

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Taliban militants beheaded two children in southern Afghanistan, a provincial governor's office said.

The beheadings occurred in Kandahar province, the provincial governor's office said Monday.

One of those slain was a 10-year-old boy. The other was age 16.

A press release issued by the office said the militants caught and beheaded the 10-year-old Sunday after he had collected food waste from a trash bin in the area of a security checkpoint.

There were no immediate details about the 16-year-old.

The Taliban has not commented on the report.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/10/world/asia/afghanistan-violence/index.html

-- CNN 2013-06-11

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bastards. Let's hope NATO forces equip the ethic minorities to defend themselves prior to pulling out from Afghanistan, Taliban are Pashtun. Otherwise their will be an orgy of killing as happened when the Taliban previously came to power, generating yet another massive wave of refugees.

Karzi and his cronies, nearly all Pashtun, are a waste of space, just enriching themselves, for the moment the future of the Afghan people is very bleak.

• Like 2

There should be an international law,that can convict and punish any offenders of human rights, with out the protection of borders, state or sovereignty, starting at the child labour factories,right through to atrocities against humans, any country protecting these offenders, should be hit with the hardest boycots known to man, which would be an atrocity in itself,so the circle goes,we re F....d and have no way out!!

Edited by blabla1

Suspected Taliban Militants Behead 2 Child

KANDAHAR, AFGHANISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- Suspected Taliban insurgents beheaded two young children on Sunday after accusing them of being spies for taking food from Afghan security forces, provincial officials said on Monday, although the group claimed it was not responsible for the barbaric killings.

Javid Faisal, a spokesman for the Kandahar governor's office, said the two boys, aged 10 and 16, were beheaded on Sunday in the Zhari District of Kandahar province. It happened in Afghanistan's volatile southern region that was the birthplace of the Taliban movement two decades ago.

"The two boys were beheaded by Taliban at the same time after getting food from a police check point in Zhari District," Faisal said. "The Kandahar Provincial government condemns the Taliban for the beheading; we ask citizens to report suspicious people or

behavior to Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF)."

Local officials said the boys were accused of being spies for the Afghan government after Taliban insurgents saw them repeatedly visiting a police checkpoint to collect food that was being given to poor people. The beheaded bodies of the children were later discovered by villagers in a remote area.

Taliban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi denied its fighters were responsible for the gruesome killings, emphasizing that the insurgent group condemned the murders. The militants are known to distance themselves from certain incidents in which children are involved, but it was not possible to independently verify either the government's nor the insurgents' account.

(Copyright 2013 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: [email protected].)

These animals. They hate women and treat them like crap. As for their own children. they're happy enough to use them as human bombs so why would they not murder children. Anything for Allah.

• Like 1

US needs to get the heck out of that freak country. Bunch of savages. No hope for the place.

Correct, its stated by some US leaders it's not into nation building & it's involvement with Afghanistan has proven the point

IMHO the Taliban Militants do nothing in the name of religion but rather to intimidate and force the locals to be docile. What I do not understand is why the locals accept this sort of thing. Are their own lives really more important than the lives of the ones being butchered? Whatever happened to the concept of standing up to the bullies and protecting one's own family and that of their neighbors? John Wayne - we need you now!

IMHO the Taliban Militants do nothing in the name of religion but rather to intimidate and force the locals to be docile. What I do not understand is why the locals accept this sort of thing. Are their own lives really more important than the lives of the ones being butchered? Whatever happened to the concept of standing up to the bullies and protecting one's own family and that of their neighbors? John Wayne - we need you now!

Cos one side has guns and ma and pa have sticks and perhaps the belief that these murderers are actually doing the right thing, via a books words.

Cos one side has guns and ma and pa have sticks and perhaps the belief that these murderers are actually doing the right thing, via a books words.

Maybe yes, maybe no. I do agree that stupidity and ignorance play an important part in this horrible scenario, but love of family is not just a Western concept but universal. And while the militants may have more modern equipment, both sides do have firearms. AK-47's are pretty much everywhere.

Many highly respected journalists on the ground in Afghanistan & others have stated that the Taliban were originally welcomed as they stopped the exploitation & general mayhem by the variously regional ethnic & tribal warlords after the pull out by the Soviets. However the Taliban then proceeded down the path of radical interpretation of the Koran and Sharia Law that turned the general population against them. The Taliban also oppressed non-Pashtun ethnic minorities. As stated above, those who oppose the Taliban in the villages & towns are ill equipped to take them on. It's probable that after the NATO pull out the Afghan army and police, who have been equipped and trained by NATO, will degenerate into tribal and ethnic factions and all will revert to the same scenario after the Soviets retreated and the return of the Taliban leadership from Pakistan.

Senior NATO commanders, have admitted that they have failed in their COIN strategic goals, but often hushed up/replaced at the direction of politicians.

• Like 2

Many highly respected journalists on the ground in Afghanistan & others have stated that the Taliban were originally welcomed as they stopped the exploitation & general mayhem by the variously regional ethnic & tribal warlords after the pull out by the Soviets. However the Taliban then proceeded down the path of radical interpretation of the Koran and Sharia Law that turned the general population against them. The Taliban also oppressed non-Pashtun ethnic minorities. As stated above, those who oppose the Taliban in the villages & towns are ill equipped to take them on. It's probable that after the NATO pull out the Afghan army and police, who have been equipped and trained by NATO, will degenerate into tribal and ethnic factions and all will revert to the same scenario after the Soviets retreated and the return of the Taliban leadership from Pakistan.

Senior NATO commanders, have admitted that they have failed in their COIN strategic goals, but often hushed up/replaced at the direction of politicians.

I agree with what you say - to an extent. What I would like to point out is that "religion" has been used for centuries to control the populace. The militant leaders, IMHO, do not actually believe in the BS that they are preaching but they do believe in using it to achieve their own goals - which has nothing to do with the Koran. I emphasize that this is my opinion but history does support my point of view.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this sort of thing--the barbaric beheading of innocent children--has also happened in the south of Thailand. Unfathomable how someone could even conceive of doing something like this to a child.

Unfortunately, this sort of thing--the barbaric beheading of innocent children--has also happened in the south of Thailand. Unfathomable how someone could even conceive of doing something like this to a child.

Modern day Nazis

• Like 1

Why don't Western and Thai authorities use these cases to make big billboards asking everyone, including Muslims, to help stop these savages?

Why in the world don't you serious Muslims stop these devils from doing the horrible things that they do? They claim that they are doing these things in the name of Islam. Bullshit, of course. Murdering random people and choosing to murder children? Not acceptable in any civilized society, or even in any non-civilized society. My brother lives in the most populated Muslim community in America, Dearborn, Michigan. He is not Muslim, but he loves it there. Most of his friends are Muslim. Is there no Muslim authority that can force these bad people to rejoin the human race? If not, what is keeping you ordinary Muslims from stopping these people from doing the devil's work? Are you afraid? I would be, but I hope that I would have the courage to act, in spite of the danger. Man up!

• Like 2

Why in the world don't you serious Muslims stop these devils from doing the horrible things that they do? They claim that they are doing these things in the name of Islam. Bullshit, of course. Murdering random people and choosing to murder children? Not acceptable in any civilized society, or even in any non-civilized society. My brother lives in the most populated Muslim community in America, Dearborn, Michigan. He is not Muslim, but he loves it there. Most of his friends are Muslim. Is there no Muslim authority that can force these bad people to rejoin the human race? If not, what is keeping you ordinary Muslims from stopping these people from doing the devil's work? Are you afraid? I would be, but I hope that I would have the courage to act, in spite of the danger. Man up!

This is the question that baffles most folk who want to live a normal life, what ever they worship. None of us give a toss what folk want to worship BUT the killing of the innocent. Hmmmmm. sad.png

• Like 1

It's OK though, because ISAF are negotiating a peaceful return to power for the Taliban when they leave with their tails between their legs.

Then everyone is going to question exactly what those billions of dollars and ISAF lives bought, other than some really nice real estate and fat bank accounts in Dubai for the Afghan government.

• Like 2

It's OK though, because ISAF are negotiating a peaceful return to power for the Taliban when they leave with their tails between their legs.

Then everyone is going to question exactly what those billions of dollars and ISAF lives bought, other than some really nice real estate and fat bank accounts in Dubai for the Afghan government.

And why the Taliban leadership have been able to remain in Pakistan and 90%+ of the worlds illegal heroin supply now orginates from Afghanistan etc etc...

Edited by simple1