Extension On 90 Days Non Immigration 'o' Visa

Hi Guys & Girls

Im currently on a One Yr Multiple Entry Non Immigration 'O' Visa valid till next March 2014

I entered Thailand on the 6th June 2013 and my 90 days expires on the 3rd September.

Im due to fly to the Uk on the 5th September 2 days after this current stamp expires

Is it possible to extend with the 7 days at Immigration for 1900 B on this visa?

Is it worth paying the overstay for 2 days and cost??

I will be returning to Thailand several weeks later so obviously dont want any problems later!

cowboy.gif

Perhaps a better plan would just to be make a trip out of country and return before current 90 days is up for a new 90 day entry. From many places you can do for about the same cost or stay and have a part paid vacation elsewhere.

• Like 1

I had a similar situation last year ... but because I had a Thai wife (I think), Immigration gave me a 60 day extension. They told me I could get an additional 7 days after the 60 day extension but that was the limit, i.e., no more extensions. Further extensions would require a trip out of the country and a new reentry stamp. Not sure if the 60 day +7 day routine would reset with the new reentry stamp. I didn't ask. You didn't say if you had a Thai wife. I'm not absolutely sure that immigration gave me the 60 day extension because we are married. A short trip out of the country is probably the best solution if your single.

You can get the 7 with the same paperwork that someone on a tourist visa uses to get the 30 day extension with (Copy of passport, etc.)

I've received 60 in the past with my daughters Birth Certificate and her entry in the house book, but if you only want 2 days, you won't need that, although it costs the same. (I assume you can probably also get 60 by having the marriage certificate and wife's ID card and housebook also...)

Yes, take proof of your ticket with you (and a passport photo and copy of passport and arrival card).

Guys & Girls

As always many thanks for the responses!

Thanks Mario sounds like a plan. I will pop down to immigration to confirm.

Yes I could have done a Border run to Ranong just hedging my bets at the moment!

I was not sure if you could extend the 90 day visa but obviously you can!

wai.gif

Perhaps a better plan would just to be make a trip out of country and return before current 90 days is up for a new 90 day entry. From many places you can do for about the same cost or stay and have a part paid vacation elsewhere.

Yes Ranong is a day trip from Hua Hin running from the Railway station!

Think its about 2500 B

Food for thought

biggrin.png

I know from Phuket you can do a day visa-run trip to ranong for only 1500thb about 7am-7pm. Better to stay safe and avoid any overstays if at all possible. I dont know where you are but im sure you can find a visa run for a similar price or cheaper.

I always use these guys:

http://www.phuket-visarun.com/

Hi Mate

Yes I saw these people looks good.

Unfortunately Im In Hua Hin

Thanks Anyway !

smile.png

Keep in mind that a reentry permit is not the same as a one year O visa. If your 90 days are up on Sep. 3 just make your report and leave the country on the 5th. When you return, you start another 90 day period. Your visa renews on 2014. It's best to get a multiple reentry permit at the same time as you renew your visa. Keeps everything simple.

Keep in mind that a reentry permit is not the same as a one year O visa. If your 90 days are up on Sep. 3 just make your report and leave the country on the 5th. When you return, you start another 90 day period. Your visa renews on 2014. It's best to get a multiple reentry permit at the same time as you renew your visa. Keeps everything simple.

?? If the OP has a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigration 'O' Visa, why would he need a re-entry permit?

Hunter88, on 12 Jun 2013 - 09:47, said:snapback.png

?? If the OP has a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigration 'O' Visa, why would he need a re-entry permit?

Yes, the visa says multiple entries. But you still need a reentry permit.

Hunter88, on 12 Jun 2013 - 09:47, said:snapback.png

Yes, the visa says multiple entries. But you still need a reentry permit.

????????????????blink.png

If you have a multi entry visa you do not need or want a re-entry permit which only provides your last permitted stay. You get a new full stay on each entry of a multi entry visa. The only time a re-entry permit would be helpful is if return were to be later than the validity of the visa and your current stay was longer.

Well yes i meant after each entry. I did this on my first entry. Extended 60 days. Now left and came back 3 times already last one being just a few days ago. So after these 90 days are done could i get an extention? I am in Bangkok so Bkk immigration office. Also my visa validity is till next month. I am permited to stay till september. So after september i have to get a new visa when i leave Thailand.

I planned to go home after these 90 days and get a new visa but now my family wants to come to visit see the kids so an extention would be better.

Yes, you should be able to get a new 60 day extension.

After the visa is expired you will need a new visa to enter Thailand again, not from September on. (Unless you have a re-entry permit).

Another border run before the visa expires would give you a new 90 days.