Bangkok Eliminates Dress Code For Ladyboys

webfact

BMA eliminates dress code for third-gendered citizens applying for IDs

BANGKOK, 11 June 2013 (NNT) - The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has announced that transgendered citizens are no longer required to dress according to their biological gender when applying for an identification card.

Following complaints filed with a number of district offices, a decision was made at the BMA board meeting on Monday to change the regulations on residents’ choices of attire for their ID photo.

Transgendered persons are now allowed to dress in accordance with their new gender in the picture. BMA executives explained that fingerprints taken during the process are sufficient in identifying a person.

The meeting also agreed to set up a census registration service at Paradise Park Shopping Center this month, which will be open to the public until 7PM daily. The move marks the first time the BMA has launched census services in a department store.

BMA executives told the press further that 1,000 rai of green space will be added to the capital’s landscape, with the goal of opening up more green public zones every year during the next three years.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-06-11 footer_n.gif

Dress code loosened for transgender ID photos
Tanatpong Kongsai
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Transgender citizens can now wear their choice of clothes when being photographed for their national identification cards in Bangkok district offices, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration announced yesterday.

"Fingerprints can identify who they are anyway. So there's no need to require 'third-sex' members to wear clothes matching their sex at birth," BMA spokeswoman Tridao Apaiwongse said.

The relaxation of the policy for ID photos was ordered by Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra in response to many complaints about the strict dress code applied by some district offices.

The BMA is also increasing the number of phone lines in its call centre.

"Instead of having just 30 lines, we will have 120 lines," Tridao said. "The centre's hotline number is 1555."

Sukhumbhand also aims to increase green space in the capital, Tridao said, with the BMA planning add 1,000 rai (160 hectares) before the end of the year.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-11

This is awesome.

Next license renewal I am going to turn up in full drag for my photo.

I don't know why exactly, but the look on the policeman's face when he pulls me over for speeding will be more than worth it.

You do realize its just a "head and shoulders" shot, right? Maybe just go easy on the make-up? But feel free to choose the clothes that make you feel good inside, and remember, "Accessorize".

Oh.

Yes, I did not think it all the way through. I think I just got carried away with the thought of wearing a dress, heels and make-up.

But your advice is well taken. I will look fabulous.

• Like 2

I handed my NSW licence to a Malaysian cop and he asked what a Donor A was. I explained it was all organs with no further permission required - the look of disgust was something to see.

He couldn't get rid of the licence or me quick enough.

• Like 1

I handed my NSW licence to a Malaysian cop and he asked what a Donor A was. I explained it was all organs with no further permission required - the look of disgust was something to see.

Should have just said it was a type of kebab:)
  • Like 2

It'd be more sensible if people who've had a gender change were labelled accordingly by the Dept of Interior, rather than some obnoxious dictat being issued allowing them to choose their clothing
Utterly absurd that anyone whose gender's changed from male to female (or the other way around) isn't identified as such by Thailand.
That would be a more useful change than the wardrobe.

• Like 1

Well, if the whole point to having an ID card is to identify a person, wouldn't it make sense to have that person show up for their photo as they normally appear?

I'm guessing one of the reasons they (the LB's) are making a fuss is so when they take their clients from Cascade bar to the Nana hotel and have to show their ID--the punter doesn't see their 'man photo' and freak out.

• Like 1

It'd be more sensible if people who've had a gender change were labelled accordingly by the Dept of Interior, rather than some obnoxious dictat being issued allowing them to choose their clothing

Utterly absurd that anyone whose gender's changed from male to female (or the other way around) isn't identified as such by Thailand.

Some sort of triangle, perhaps?

Seriously though, what's obnoxious about choosing how you dress? Have you actually read what you wrote?

Should have just said it was a type of kebab:)

indeed, the highest quality kebab available....!!

Gender is determined by your chromosomes, not by the skirt you wear.

This is awesome.

I don't know why exactly, but the look on the policeman's face when he pulls me over for speeding will be more than worth it.

You do realize its just a "head and shoulders" shot, right? Maybe just go easy on the make-up? But feel free to choose the clothes that make you feel good inside, and remember, "Accessorize".

Oh.

Yes, I did not think it all the way through. I think I just got carried away with the thought of wearing a dress, heels and make-up.

But your advice is well taken. I will look fabulous.

You may look fabulous but what happens when your smiling dial hits the social media and all your relations and friends start laughing ???

This is awesome.

Better be careful with that since the bribe enforced just might be in the back alley, or perhaps that is your goal?

Edited by atyclb

I believe you are confused. A person that has completed a gender change and that then wishes to change the paper work will be processed accordingly. The issue relates to the transvestite and the Gary/Gloria types that present with mixed gender attributes, such as breast implants, but still possessing a penis and testicles. Although a nice attempt to accommodate, this type of policy has to be consistent across the country if confusion is to be avoided.

Gender is determined by your chromosomes, not by the skirt you wear.

I determine by looking up their genes.

clap2.gifcheesy.gif