What Reason To Look Specifically For Australians Or Kiwis?

keestha

Walking down the street in Kata yesterday afternoon, I was stopped by two fairly well groomed young western males, who asked me right away if I was from Australia or New Zealand. One of them had a pile of leaflets in his hand. When I told them I was from the Netherlands, they said they were only looking for Australians or Kiwis. I was curious why somebody would be looking for tourists with specific nationalities, and wanted to ask, but though they were quite friendly, it was also obvious they weren't interested in talking to me any further after having established I didn't belong to the target group, so I just walked on.

What could it have been?

Maybe they were looking for a Vegemite dealer.

Then they should have talked to me....in the Netherlands, South Africa and possibly other places exactly the same stuff is sold under the name Marmite, I grew up with it.

Then they should have talked to me....in the Netherlands, South Africa and possibly other places exactly the same stuff is sold under the name Marmite, I grew up with it.

I don't see how.....they are two totally different entities tho vaguely similar make- up/taste

Vegemite is made by Kraft corporation.

Marmite is made in NZ by Sanitarium Health Food Company and in Britain by Unilever.. IIRC. thumbsup.gif

Edited by andreandre

Marmite is not Vegemite. Marmite shrinks brains.wai2.gif

• Like 2

Marmite is not Vegemite. Marmite shrinks brains.wai2.gif

And at least in this country vegemite shrinks your wallet.

• Like 1

With all the advertisements I had to look what is Vegemite.

"Vegemite is made from brewers' yeast extract, a by-productof beer manufacturing, various vegetables, wheat and spice additives."

Considered it's popular down under, I can safely assume that it produces beer inside of the stomach. Quite handy actually.

The visual appearance on the other hand.. Well, in the northern countries we have saying "don't eat yellow snow".

Vegemiteontoast_large.jpg

"Vegemite is made from brewers' yeast extract, a by-productof beer manufacturing, various vegetables, wheat and spice additives."

Considered it's popular down under, I can safely assume that it produces beer inside of the stomach. Quite handy actually.

The visual appearance on the other hand.. Well, in the northern countries we have saying "don't eat yellow snow".

As is Marmite...../ Marmite is made from yeast extract, a by-product of beer brewing.

We still do not know why these guys target Australians and Kiwi's only but at least we now know Marmite and Vegemite - although they both equally stink and taste equally awful - are actually two different waste products sold as food to the ignorant.

• Like 2

Hush your mouth!!! Shame shame shame!!! Marmite is nothing like VEGEMITE.