Driver 'admits' killing Ekkayuth

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so, but as a non Thai speaking Farang, I am very hesitant to believe much in a very narrow range of English language publications. Many reporters seem to use poetic licence in their translations. Not referring to the OP, but it can be seen in many articles. I find it difficult to believe that a man can rise to the position Chalerm is in and be as silly as English language newspapers make him out to be. It just doesn't make sense.

Welcome to Thailand wai2.gif

It's not hard to find photos and many many articles that do tend to show what an (sometimes drunken) idiot he is. By the way he got his position because Thaksin appointed him because of his loud-mouthed and corrupt disposition - a fellow traveller.

Maybe so, but as a non Thai speaking Farang, I am very hesitant to believe much in a very narrow range of English language publications. Many reporters seem to use poetic licence in their translations. Not referring to the OP, but it can be seen in many articles. I find it difficult to believe that a man can rise to the position Chalerm is in and be as silly as English language newspapers make him out to be. It just doesn't make sense.

It's not hard to find photos and many many articles that do tend to show what an (sometimes drunken) idiot he is. By the way he got his position because Thaksin appointed him because of his loud-mouthed and corrupt disposition - a fellow traveller.

There has to be more to the man than that. People just don't get to that position otherwise. No matter how silly people like to think Thais and Thailand are, I think it is more a case of us not understanding things and how everything works.

There has to be more to the man than that. People just don't get to that position otherwise. No matter how silly people like to think Thais and Thailand are, I think it is more a case of us not understanding things and how everything works.

Well, speak for yourself about lack of understanding. I've been here long enough to understand how politics works. Just keep your eyes open and you will learn.

Well he learnt from the best when he started out in the Democrat Party.

Well he learnt from the best when he started out in the Democrat Party.

Which got rid of him. He's been around a number of parties even after fleeing from being charged with 'unusual wealth' and 'sorting out' his son's murder charge. You are welcome to him.smile.png

• Like 1

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung spoke out for the first time on the case last night, saying: "The government and state officials had nothing to do with his disappearance."

What a weird thing to say.

Not really. Several members, made claims on this thread that the government was involved. There have been a few rumours circulating that this was a plot by some "powerful" politicitian(s). As the people making the allegations on this thread will not reappear and retract their allegations, a government statement is unfortunately necessary to answer such malicious allegations.

Why are you so insistent on blaming the government for what was most likely a generic crime? Is this crime so terrifying for you that you need to invent a story to assuage your fear? The reality is that crimes of this nature are often carried out by employees who think they are smarter than they are.

Edited by geriatrickid

Why are you so insistent on blaming the government for what was most likely a generic crime? Is this crime so terrifying for you that you need to invent a story to assuage your fear? The reality is that crimes of this nature are often carried out by employees who think they are smarter than they are.

You need to read previous posts in this thread before jumping to conclusions.

I haven't blamed anyone - just asked some questions and stated that the whole mess is unclear.

The discussion about Chalerm is a side issue. You're just following his example and issuing accusations without knowing the facts.

I can help here. Chalerm helped Thaksin in his second major scam (albeit unsuccessful), and for that one he didn't have to marry a bush pig. The birds of a feather flock together, if not actually swapping spit in the shower.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung spoke out for the first time on the case last night, saying: "The government and state officials had nothing to do with his disappearance."

Wasn't Ekkayuth the key witness in the case against Yingluck Shinawatra regarding her meeting at the Four Seasons hotel ?

Whatever he was, he is a know con artist and NOT a legitimate businessman. He was the man behind the Charter Investment Pyramdi scheme. Never did a day in prison because he stayed 20 years in London. The English do not mind a few Mafiosi more or less in London as long as it pays. Half the Russian Mob resides in London so Ekkayuth would fit right in.

I'm surprised that not half the Thai government stays in England then............But wait, the man from afar has a house isn't it.

Welcome to Thailand Posted Image

I understand your point, but I think you'll find that TIT - This is Thailand - sums up the situation.

You will find posts which are often despairing, trying to understand the logic behind things and how (the 'right') people are immune to the law and get away with murder (literally).

Unfortunately, the parliamentary majority this Government has, is just making things worse. Any restraint there may have been imposed on governments is not there.

You have to be a liar, from a power family, be open for vast amounts of corruption and be connected.

It helps to be a flagrant bully and gangster, as many of the lower level politicos are, to name but a few; Chalerm, Nuwin, Suthep and Chuwit.

There's nothing more to it, Thais respect money, and not much else. Clearly evident given who they choose to worship and elect.

• Like 1

.....these are very bad people.....

...and the 'fall guy' is behaving like a celebrity....with a smirk on his face.....

....unreal....but scary because it is real.....

...as for the statement by the Deputy Prime Minister....."The government and state officials had nothing to do with his disappearance."

"His existence or nonexistence is of no [interest] to the government. I am giving weight to murder, with money as a motive. I conclude he has been murdered already," said Chalerm, without offering any proof.....

....any sane person can clearly see that he has implicated himself...stating details...motive, even...with no basis...with 'no prior knowledge'....???

• Like 2

Not so weird as people were saying PT had something to do with him disappearing, as he was a loyal Dem supporter. Bad journalism at its best.

I was thinking along similar lines. When something seems weird, a simple answer is usually the answer. I was thinking that maybe a question was put to Chalerm first and he gave the quoted response. Then reports on it may have left out the original question,

Journalists don't question Chalerm - he makes (usually wacky) statements. He was just a bit too quick for his own good.

There is nothing wrong with the journalism here in as far as they have reported all the various opinions from the police & their various versions of the driver's 'confessions' and the politicians' denials. Ekkayuth was an anti-Thaksin opinion holder which doesn't automatically make him a Dem.

There's a strong sense of lack of real truth here.

Strange isn't it? Anyone would think he must know where the bodies are buried.....

Just add it to the rest.

Why would this super rich businessman have a 25 year old crazy driver? Don't these type of mogul guys have like super-qualified intellectual highly trained and well paid confidants to be their drivers?

Foreigners are probably prohibited from working in that position.

LOL! Well said.

• Like 1