All Good Things Must Come to an end......We tried our best

ThePunPun

I would say for the first picture, 90-100 THB would be kind of cheap, 140 would be so what, and 180, I would wait and get the swanson hungry man version for 35 thb in the States. Does look better than what Air China was serving. Why not ditch the kiddie lettuce for some romaine? Much healthier, and about the same cost. Clue us in on the prices......and I too was under the impression you were in Santitham area, and were into organics. I frequently stay near the US Consulate, but I get a/c, cable/private bath for 340 thb per night. Might as well tell us how the rooms are, too. Good luck with your business, and I think you did the right thing by giving notice. The thais would generally let you know on the bill, without even updating the menu. Some of the mom pop thai places are cutting down on the meat, and it seems like the cheap flesh fruit shakes are a vanishing breed. Been to two places in the last few weeks that ditched the blender.

Edited by Thighlander

Sorry for any confusion to those having to go thru a meatless meal.......

Heheh true if that other punpun had thrown in a 1/4 pound of crispy bacon with that avo wrap I may have gone back wink.png

In the 70's I actually was a vegan for a few years ( weren't we all )

But then I had a big mac attack one day & never went back smile.png

After 2 years at the same price no one can complain, well done to you for absorbing the price increase's on your food purchases over the last 2 years

You've been on TV long enough to know that there will always be someone to complain. tongue.png

]

Chicken Fried Superman [ thanks to Barnicle Bob]

Does Bob have a brother name Bill, who was a Sailor? I think I once heard a song about him ....

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

whoever Barnicle Bob is, he won't live long on a diet like that. i couldn't imagine what his cholesterol profile is; not to mention his waistline!

No kidding. Considering that 1 egg blows out your cholesterol for the day. Add chicken-fried steak, milk gravy and bread, you've blown out total fat, sodium, protein and calories for an entire day. I used to eat like that before I knew better.

]

Chicken Fried Superman [ thanks to Barnicle Bob]

Does Bob have a brother name Bill, who was a Sailor? I think I once heard a song about him ....

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

whoever Barnicle Bob is, he won't live long on a diet like that. i couldn't imagine what his cholesterol profile is; not to mention his waistline!

No kidding. Considering that 1 egg blows out your cholesterol for the day. Add chicken-fried steak, milk gravy and bread, you've blown out total fat, sodium, protein and calories for an entire day. I used to eat like that before I knew better.

Kinda funny...... earlier, much earlier in life I too did a stint as a vego.....but that was just between meals.

And funnier than that as one mans pleasure is another mans pain......I used to graze too before I came to my senses....

Just kidding all......it really does me good when some guests come in and look at the menu, thinking that they are in the vego Pun Pun, just to watch the expressions on some of their faces when the look at the photos on our menu of the roast chicken, pork chop, pork knuckles, etc.... Guess they are thinking of the old days

I wonder what's comming next, perhaps something relevant to the OP perchance?.

A 15% discount if you give your TV nick? sorry.gif

Sorry , but no....... I already have had 3 people using Uptheos !!!! ......and none was the real one....

wai2.gifwhistling.gifthe devil made me do it.,.

laugh.png Oh G, you really do crack me up sometimes!

Good luck mate, I'm sure your customers understand perfectly well about the price increase.

Such an astonishingly silly thread topic! Then again, I bit on it! smile.png

Otherwise, it seems that you might be paid on the side by the cardiological surgeons in town. Beware of civil law suits! Remember, in America, they finally caught up with the tobacco companies!

Perhaps you should add a nice arugula salad to your menu, Chef Satan!

Edited by Mapguy

Afraid I'm with Gonzo on this, we all have to die of something one day so why not make it something enjoyable. Another aspect of this of course is that such things run in trends - last week it was smoking, before that it was drinking and before that it was polluted air, this week it's cholesterol and fatty foods, next week it'lll be what, waking up,taking a shower or even taking a dump! Big sigh.

• Like 2

"After 2 years at the same price no one can complain, well done to you for absorbing the price increase's (sic) on your food purchases over the last 2 years ..."

Have prices really risen over the past two years? Apparently, but what items have gone up, and how much? I don't see any significant differences in prices myself, but I have a friend who complains that the price of kaffir limes has gone up to 4 baht each!

So, according to this OP, two years is a reasonable time after which to up prices. Does that mean that increases will be seen in 2015, 2017 and so on?

By the way, what is the percentage increase going to be on the menu, and are all items going to be more expensive?

"I see you're using the HelloDolly style of naming places? smile.png Mai Ping River... Night Plaza... Worrorot... Norrowot...

I don't mind but then be consistent and rape the lot: Thai Pai Road, US Crunsolut, Limping Crunduminimum, and Prung Prung Rustoront."

Hurts me to admit this but those place names made perfect sense to me. sad.png

• Like 1

"After 2 years at the same price no one can complain, well done to you for absorbing the price increase's (sic) on your food purchases over the last 2 years ..."

Have prices really risen over the past two years? Apparently, but what items have gone up, and how much? I don't see any significant differences in prices myself, but I have a friend who complains that the price of kaffir limes has gone up to 4 baht each!

So, according to this OP, two years is a reasonable time after which to up prices. Does that mean that increases will be seen in 2015, 2017 and so on?

By the way, what is the percentage increase going to be on the menu, and are all items going to be more expensive?

You haven't seen an increase in prices in the last 2 years? Where do you shop/ eat/ stay/ buy petrol? I will definitely be going to the same shops as you

IMO, prices have gone up quite a bit following the raise in the minimum wage. One example is that coconuts have usually been around 20 baht on the street for years, but they have been 35 baht and more for months now and do not seem to be going down. Durian seems much more expensive for this time of year to me too.

• Like 1

IMO, prices have gone up quite a bit following the raise in the minimum wage. One example is that coconuts have usually been around 20 baht on the street for years, but they have been 35 baht and more for months now and do not seem to be going down. Durian seems much more expensive for this time of year to me too.

Funny on the coconuts you wouldn't think the labor raise would affect it.

As it mainly looks like one man operations

One odd thing I noticed was this past month many folks were selling mangosteen & rambutan

for 25-28 baht per kilo "roadside"

Yet in Big C which has labor costs it was much less.

I saw it for 18-22 per kilo

Edited by mania

Sawasdee Khrup,

While there are always seasonal variations in manao and maprow prices, I was surprised by paying 35ThB for a good-sized coconut. Could the monkeys be on strike in the south of the Kingdom ?

Khun MikeMac raised the question of HelloDali's transliterations; I think Mike's on something there: perhaps we have converged on a kind of sunk-to-the-bottom unhappy-medium.

Perhaps we should ask the moderators to enforce going whole-hog one way or another:

M Png, Nght Bzr, Chng M

or,

Nophburi Sri Nakhorn Ping Chiang Mai, formerly Wiang Khum Kham, formerly an area of the Mon Kingdom of Haripunchai, formerly the Lawa settlement of Wiang Nopburi.

Plus, how about a special set of emoticons for adding tone-marks ?

This individual variation in spelling is just intolerable.

Khun Chiang Mai adds his voice on the topic of "we're all dying," which I find personally uplifting, so I won't mention the hypothesis that we are all dead now, and what we experience is complete illusion.

That's such a stupid thing to think just because when I look at many farangs around Chiang Mai, I see dead people.

Long live Gonzo, and the Pun Pun !

~o:37;

Coconuts still 25 baht at Hang Dong ,one advantage of living in the "sticks" as opposed to the city ! We can only speculate what the likes of Big C ,Makro,Tesco etc pay wholesale for fruit they buy, by the truckloads, as opposed to a road side seller who fills up his/her pick up. Of course not every one has received the minimum wage increase including the 1000's of self employed whose life has become even more difficult.

You haven't seen an increase in prices in the last 2 years? Where do you shop/ eat/ stay/ buy petrol? I will definitely be going to the same shops as you

Not really. I mean some things have gone up for sure, like petrol, but last time I checked that wasn't on the menu. Coconuts and durians are up? Okay, but does that have a really significant impact on menu prices overall?

Maybe I did not understand the OP properly. Perhaps menu prices will rise only on a few items/dishes.

I can't think of another restaurant where I frequent that has unilaterally jacked up prices over the last two years. But maybe the restaurant in question was barely breaking even in the first place and have to scrimp at every turn.

Of course, it could be that the landlord doubled the rent; that's not an unusual stunt, and one that would force a rethink in price structure for sure.