Attacked by Thai Work colleague

Tarryn

Tomtomtom,

Loving your input into this post. Thank you for sharing. You never know these days on a legal scale of what can happen and what can be manipulated and spun around. Thats why I wanted to proceed with caution, not that I feel I am in the wrong at all. I stand very firmly about that. Despite if I related to her behavior to that of a whore/slut.

Again it wasn't a slagging match which was had, more of a conversation which I vented a few of my feelings for a change...and also a bit of a truthful speech as to why we are not friends. Something along the terms of "we are not friends because I have seen the way you have been behaving and its unacceptable to me, I don't know what your running around like a slut all of a sudden maybe you have insecurities and issues but thats not my problem so please return my shit I'm sick of asking its embarrassing" - Que EXIT- T1 follows into adjoining classroom filled with students and ATTACKS!

Yeah some colourful words were used but its not lie Ive say her down in a corner and pointing my finger and hauling verbal abuse at her with a red face and smoke coming out my ears. hahahahaha. I'm not that type of girl.

But again Tomtomtom, a welcomed and respected post from yourself. :)

Cheers and TFIF! time for a glass of red!

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expat J! :D

Its great we can laugh about this, and you are right, I know how she has dealt with former problems and situations dont know why I thought I would receive any other treatment.

I was a good friend to her, I know she knows that too, thats what makes this story even more sad. But hey cant dwell on the past......onward and upwards.....lesson learnt and wounds licked! :)

Happy Friday! :)

What do you expect? You caused her to lose face by calling her a slut. Then on top of that you said you pity her. That would get you punched in the face pretty much anywhere in the world. In case you haven't figured it out in the 2+ years you have been in Thailand, causing a Thai to lose face is a recipe for trouble. 

Bullshti, messing with cause and effect details and changing the accents is nothing but the famous way for Thais to get away with all their misbehaviour and walking away from their redponsibilities, and thus don't see any reason to improve themselves. This slut HAD to learn the truth about herself.

In Thailand everything is about Thai witnesses, if you can get two collegues to withess against her, you will be OK and police will have a chat with her. When also mentioning the fact that she is a danger to the kids, and when missus know that actually everybody hates her, she might be gone soon.

Success!

• Like 2

A sad fact of life that I have learned is trust NOBODY in your life. Yeh sad I know but my lessons taught me that. sad.png Friends, hmmmmmmmmm, work colleges, hmmmmmmm. The best friend should be yourself but we make mistakes. thumbsup.gif

You've been advised already.

Go to the police station. Make a complaint of assault.

Teaching jobs are two a penny here. If you wish to change jobs or the school wants to get rid of you, change jobs.

• Like 1

As far as I understand, I strongly feel that her conduct and behaviour that she demonstrated in front of children is totally inappropriate, when we talks about schools, it a place where children not only learn about language and subjects but also about learn social dealing, humanity, manners and culture. If this is the kind of character she displays in front of children, who are fast enough to Lear and grasp anything that they see.

she is the one who should be chucked out as she is not being respectful and not serious towards her job as a teacher, which you can easily prove in front of authorities, all you need is 2 or 3 witness and her character report ( if you already have that in your organisation )

hope you get over this situation soon, wish u luck

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Hello Wavefloater,

I completely understand where you could presume. I can only say that I do all of my posting by I phone and the predictive text when typing can sometimes get in the way, as well as just plainly rushing to offload information and thoughts, its a bit sloppy I agree. hahahahahaha no hard feelings.

I am however using a keyboard today which could explain the difference in grammar. smile.png

Or it could be I have lived here so long my pigeon English is progressing as well as my Tinglish yet my native mother tongue has been sacrificed in the process. smile.png

mai pen rai. Thank you for your inputs.

Cheers

Speaking of languages, did you and the attacker exchange words in English or Thai? Being Thai, her English is probably not particularly good so maybe that's where a lot of the miscommunication stems from. Also, maybe she didn't even understand the insults directed towards her but rather the tone of the conversation.

Anyway, I don't want to make any more assumptions as neither I nor anyone else here were there at the time this happened to you.

If you feel that there is good enough reason to sue then do so. But assuming you didn't suffer any injuries then simply talk to a lawyer, get the facts sorted and proceed from there.

Her English is at a very good level, she understands iron-ism and sarcasm, her vocabulary is vast. I have taught her for over a year and she can write well and read well and translate Thai to English, obviously with some help but she is very good. When I had first met her is was reasonable that probably why we got on so well in comparison to the other teachers, also please be aware I am the only western teacher in my school. I am the only native English speaker. My colleagues are made up of Thai and Fillipino.

Thank you for your advice again, smile.png lets hope this post could help someone in the future.

Truly sorry for your predicament and hopefully the resolution mediated by T2 will come to fruition. Meantime .. the best thing this episode will do is to emphasise that one should not put oneself into the hands of others (or one's invaluable property). Giving stangers from another culture power over your life is really dumb ... I speak from experience - though it never got as far as your little pantomime ;)

• Like 1

A sad fact of life that I have learned is trust NOBODY in your life. Yeh sad I know but my lessons taught me that. sad.png Friends, hmmmmmmmmm, work colleges, hmmmmmmm. The best friend should be yourself but we make mistakes. thumbsup.gif

wow - I can taste the bile......... sick.gif

Yeh, I did a few times in my life, from wondering why.

• Like 1

Yeh, I did a few times in my life, from wondering why.

it's the mistakes that make us human -- same as the OP here thumbsup.gifwai.gif

• Like 2

Hello Wavefloater,

I completely understand where you could presume. I can only say that I do all of my posting by I phone and the predictive text when typing can sometimes get in the way, as well as just plainly rushing to offload information and thoughts, its a bit sloppy I agree. hahahahahaha no hard feelings.

I am however using a keyboard today which could explain the difference in grammar. smile.png

Or it could be I have lived here so long my pigeon English is progressing as well as my Tinglish yet my native mother tongue has been sacrificed in the process. smile.png

Cheers

Aha!!! Predictive text explains a lot. I hate it. It never seems to accurately predict what I want to say, so it's turned off very quickly whenever I get a phone.

BTW, I've noticed that many posters have suggested talking to a lawyer before pursuing any legal action. That seems reasonable, but I would also caution you to be wary of lawyers who will suggest going the full mile. They might be thinking more about their wallet than your justice.

Good luck with this, but be ready for surprises and possible disappointment. What many have said about Thais sticking with Thais is very very true, regardless of how right or wrong the involved Thai person is.

Does it stop one from splitting infinitives?

Sorry I'll get my coat.

EDIT: fixed quote
Edited by Slip

Hello Wavefloater,

Cheers

Aha!!! Predictive text explains a lot. I hate it. It never seems to accurately predict what I want to say, so it's turned off very quickly whenever I get a phone.

BTW, I've noticed that many posters have suggested talking to a lawyer before pursuing any legal action. That seems reasonable, but I would also caution you to be wary of lawyers who will suggest going the full mile. They might be thinking more about their wallet than your justice.

Good luck with this, but be ready for surprises and possible disappointment. What many have said about Thais sticking with Thais is very very true, regardless of how right or wrong the involved Thai person is.

Does it stop one from splitting infinitives?

Sorry I'll get my coat.

EDIT: fixed quote

What we need is predictive Thai ;)w00t.gif

CUMMON!!!!!!!!! is Thailand having my eyes out, just relaxing.... Turn on the radio and.......PAT BENETAR! Hit me with your best shot!

This is just ironic!! Hahaha

Thank you all for your input again.

Cheers to the weekend! :)

Complexion issues... I have always defined it as not being able to look at oneself in the mirror liking the reflection due to imperfections you can't accept. Maybe I've misused a context. Metaphorically maybe??? :)

:)

Complexion issues... I have always defined it as not being able to look at oneself in the mirror liking the reflection due to imperfections you can't accept. Maybe I've misused a context. Metaphorically maybe??? smile.png

smile.png

From the mis-spelling "completxion" I thought we were still in the predictive text trap. ;)

No further news until Monday.... Judgement day! Haha I'm just taking it as a loss as even if my goods are returned the experience is a HUGE LOSS! but what can you do?? It's a toughie as we all know despite where you live the process from a legal action us of course justifying but a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ARSE! and internally need to decide in this case if it's worth my while as my choices could have future negative effects not only on me but others.... Can I play tit for tat???? Sure!! But is my tat worth her tit???? Erm??? Or my tit worth her tat? ... Whoever came up with that expression??? Hahaha

As for pidgin English or pidgeon? Hahahah again not really used the expression too much but glad at least learnt something today. :)

Kinda feel I'm exposing alot of myself via a TV post so I'm gonna keep it on topic from here on, only for future reference for others, as I feel if this post becomes too playful it's not going to be taken seriously as a source of information.

Even though I will say alot of members I can see have a great sense of humour about these issues which help with understanding that maybe in the bigger picture despite what's occurring which is a serious matter , we can still be humorous about it and make it not seem as bad. :)

But will inform of any goings on from Monday. :)

Thank you again for everyones input into the post and the personal information shared and advice given. It IS taken onboard...

And to a previous poster who was wondering why I would bring such a topic to a public forum in Thailand .... Reading most of the advice and comments I am sure you can understand why. Even the negative comments are productive.

So good weekend to you all. :)

Cheers!

Tarryn have a nice weekend. I think it's been brilliant for a gay, volatile, hysterical English teacher whose first language is not English to have exposed yourself the way you have and maintained your composure throughout smile.png .

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I can't even trust myself. wink.png

What I learned in this thread:

- Words carry consequences. In the west many people have forgotten this, particularly women, because violence, particularly against women, is so uncommon. However, you can't just spout of without consequence. That is why abuse can be punished by law, even if just words.

- Violence should be dealt with. There is no way this teacher should retain her job. That is simply not acceptable. The teacher who hit MUST be fired. If she isn't fired, I suggest OP find a new job and pursue legal action.

- The favorite past time of Thaivisa members is to cast ill informed judgement of others.

- Many Thaivisa members regularly spout of nonsense with no knowledge of how Thai socitety and law actually works.

- Words carry consequences. In the west many people have forgotten this, particularly women, because violence, particularly against women, is so uncommon. However, you can't just spout of without consequence. That is why abuse can be punished by law, even if just words.

- Violence should be dealt with. There is no way this teacher should retain her job. That is simply not acceptable. The teacher who hit MUST be fired. If she isn't fired, I suggest OP find a new job and pursue legal action.

- The favorite past time of Thaivisa members is to cast ill informed judgement of others.

- Many Thaivisa members regularly spout of nonsense with no knowledge of how Thai socitety and law actually works.

Some interesting comments, however your second and fourth points have a certain irony when compared.

Jobs are funny things. I find you pretty much just have to put your head down and take unnecessary bs daily just to keep your right to earn money. Yet another reason to only work if you are well paid. My advice, assuming you like your job, just keep your mouth shut, pretend like it never happened and keep collecting the paychecks. That is, as they say, what it is all about, those paycheckaroos.

• Like 2

Some interesting comments, however your second and fourth points have a certain irony when compared.

I was aware of the ironybiggrin.png

• Like 1