Applying for 1 year non imm O Visa.

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find all the information.

We've moved back to Thailand, I'm British 43 years old wife Thai, 2 young kids, wife and the girls have Thai and British passports.

Arrived here on 3rd June on a 3 month non imm O single entry visa issued Thai embassy London, which expires 31 August, could you all give me some advice on the process I have to go through for me to get a 1. Year non imm O multiple entry, I have my P60 from the inland revenue from the last tax year proving I get a pension from the London fire brigade for £12000 per year this is index linked. I also get a income from Letting our house in the uk but this this can only be proved by uk bank statements, we live in Wichinburi, Petchabun and my father in law is the Pooyai Baan. Who today wants to take me to the local Ampur and will put my name on his Tabian Baan or his yellow house book not sure which, any advice would be appreciated, I'm not sure if I need to go on the Tabian Baan???

You will need a letter from your embassy to confirm your income, which can include your rental income. Your embassy decides what they accept as proof.

Being on a yellow household registration book is not needed, but can be handy. I would recommend it, as proof of address.

Next to your income you will need to provide immirgation with a whole bunch of things:

- copy passport and arrival card

- copy wife'd ID

- household registration book of wife

- proof of your income (embassy letter)

- map to your house

- picures of you and wife and children

And some more. As the requirements differ a bit from immirgaiton ofice to office, I would have the misses contact them before you go and ask what you need to bring.

Take wife and children with you to immigration.

If you were not married in Thailand, have the marriage registered in Thailand!

• Like 1

You need to go to immigration and apply for an extension of stay based on being married to a Thai.

Once you have your extension you can purchase a multi re-entry permit.

You should obtain a letter from the British embassy confirming your income. You will need to provide evidence of your income to the embassy. I am unsure if they will accept a P60 as evidence of ongoing income as the P60 only details past income !

I am sure one of the experts here will be along soon to advise you further.

A Rough Guide

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

• Like 1

You need to go to immigration and apply for an extension of stay based on being married to a Thai.

Once you have your extension you can purchase a multi re-entry permit.

You should obtain a letter from the British embassy confirming your income. You will need to provide evidence of your income to the embassy. I am unsure if they will accept a P60 as evidence of ongoing income as the P60 only details past income !

I am sure one of the experts here will be along soon to advise you further.

Based on my recent experiences, the Embassy will almost certainly need to see your latest London Fire Brigade pension statement plus a current tenancy agreement for your rented-out house.

Thanks for the advice so far, on the front of the P60 it says London Fire Brigade Pension Fund.

Where is my nearest immigration office to do the 1 year non imm 0?? Wichinburi is 140 Kms north of Saraburi and 100kms south of Petchabun??

Cheers

A P60 only details income already received it is not an indicator of future income .

In the OPs case he needs his pension statement for the current year together with evidence acceptable to the embassy of his rental income.

Question

Can this guy obtain a one year multi entry Visa in a nearby country ?

Lite Beer,

In post 4 you said:

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

What do you mean as proof of income as back up?

It means that occasionally Immigration might want to see the source of your income as well as the Embassy letter.

They realise that some Embassies do not ask for any proof.

Unless an office has opened we are not aware of this is where you apply for extension of stay.

Phitsanulok Immigration Office
Last Updated by Maestro on Mar 12, 2012
—— Postal address —— Immigration Office
887/4 Baromtrilokanart
Tambon Nai-Muang
Amphoe Mueang
Phitsanulok 65000 ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
887/4 ถ.บรมไตรโลกนารถ
ต.ในเมือง
อ.เมือง
จ.พิษณุโลก 65000
Phone: 085 540 1541, 05524 7722
Fax: 05524 7722
Phitsanulok%2520Immigration%2520Office%2
Email Website
Service are

Yep, think your right Lopburi would be the closest, many thanks.

It is not a matter of where is closest.

It depends on what office deals with the province you live in.

I live in Petchabun Province, would I still have to go to Phitsanlok immigration, that's a 3 hour drive away, how long do the funds have to be maturing in a Thai account, can the account be in wife's name or joint or in my name??

Regards

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hi,

if i may ask as a newbie.

you enter with an single visa entry for 3 months and you need a visa for 1 year. What kind of ticket you buy, because i cant imagine you a can buy a 1 way ticket in this situation.

You do not need a visa to buy a ticket. But you may have to have a return ticket to obtain the visa (especially if not in your home country). There is no airline issue for travel one way if you have a visa.

Tourist visa, Non-O visa, Non-B visa all do not require return tickets. Visa exempt entry technically requires a return ticket. Airlines frequently tell customers they need return tickets when they do not. Instruct the agent to read the IATA requirements.

The marriage was registered at the local Amphur office about 7 years ago, but I thought and correct me if I'm wrong, if I'd applied in the UK for a 1 year non Imm O visa, every 3 months and I'd have to do a border bounce, thats why I went for the 3 month non Imm O, I don't want to leave the country every 90 days would much rather RPT at a immigration office.

So my non Imm O runs out on Aug 31 when would you guys recommend making the trip to Phitsanlok to go for the one year extention??

I also think I'll go for the 400000b in the bank as I can't be arsed with messing around at the British embassy.

Cheers burnsie

Up to 30 days before your permission to stay expires - 2 weeks should be enough time but I would not cut too close you live a long way away if have to return for anything. Be sure to have wife and all the normal documents and financial proof. You might want to have wife call that office to make sure you have anything specific for them as the checks do vary a bit.

My thanks, I'll call Phitsanlok immigration tomorrow and get it all sorted, shame I can't get this done at Lopburi that's only an hour away.

Excellent advice there.

Only one thing I would add is try to ensure you get to the Immigration office as early as possible for a Non Imm O visa. It varies from place to place I guess but at Chiang Mai in recent times anyone showing up after about 9am is usually told to report back the next day and join the queue again. You wouldn't want that with a long journey and two young children.

• Like 1

The marriage was registered at the local Amphur office about 7 years ago, but I thought and correct me if I'm wrong, if I'd applied in the UK for a 1 year non Imm O visa, every 3 months and I'd have to do a border bounce, thats why I went for the 3 month non Imm O, I don't want to leave the country every 90 days would much rather RPT at a immigration office.

So my non Imm O runs out on Aug 31 when would you guys recommend making the trip to Phitsanlok to go for the one year extention??

I also think I'll go for the 400000b in the bank as I can't be arsed with messing around at the British embassy.

Cheers burnsie

Cheers burnsie

You don't need to go to the British Embassy in person to get the letter of proof of income. I personally have found them to be very helpful in this regard - at least that is my experience. I have used P60's and they are perfectly acceptable as proof - again my experience.

If you go down this route you will not need the maximum of 400,000B in your bank account and YES IT HAS TO BE IN YOUR NAME ONLY.

Hope this helps and good luck.

• Like 1

A Rough Guide

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

TWO Copies of everything.

(Also of the map and ALL photos.)

My offer of two color prints on ordinary A4 paper, each print showing the photo inside plus the photo outside the house, is gladly accepted.

Edited by Khunangkaro

Tourist visa, Non-O visa, Non-B visa all do not require return tickets. Visa exempt entry technically requires a return ticket. Airlines frequently tell customers they need return tickets when they do not. Instruct the agent to read the IATA requirements.

i am just a bit confused, because they told me i need a return ticket. I am 56 and want to stay for at least 3 months in Thailand. If i dont have to buy a return ticket andi can decide whenever i want to leave or not.

Cheers burnsie

Cheers burnsie

You don't need to go to the British Embassy in person to get the letter of proof of income. I personally have found them to be very helpful in this regard  - at least that is my experience. I have used P60's and they are perfectly acceptable as proof - again my experience.

If you go down  this route you will not need the maximum of 400,000B in your bank account and YES IT HAS TO BE IN YOUR NAME ONLY.

Hope this helps and good luck. 

Thanks all for the good advice, did you just post your P60 to the embassy with a covering letter and a SAE or did you need to physically speak to someone and if they charge for this service how did you pay them.

Many thanks.