Non immigrant O multi entry KL

Siriam, please update this thread once you've been to KL as I'm thinking about a trip down that way myself soon.

As promised here I am with my report.

This morning I was there 1 hour before they open, I was the first to apply.

I had all the paperwork they required including the proof of the 400k, which is the new requirement instead of 100k.

Regardless the lady in charge asked me why this time I did not apply for the year extension in Thailand, I told her that I just got the money on my account while for apply they need to be there at least 2 months.

Having learned that, she wanted to give me just 1 entry claiming that after 90 days I would have be entitled to apply for the year extension contacting the immigration office.

I insisted telling her that since I'm planning to travel a lot in/out Thailand, which is true, and since I was already there, I would prefer apply for the multi-entry.

Eventually I convinced her and I paid 550 ringgit accordingly.

Until I'll have the passport in my hands on Monday I cannot be 100% sure, but I'm pretty confident that I'll get what I asked for.

I believe they want somehow force us to apply for extensions in Thailand.

Till the next... Bye!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The new requirement for 400,000 Baht, does that now have to be in a Thai bank or can it still be in a foreign bank as before?

Seems it must be in a Thai bank only.

From here: http://www.thai-consulate.net/thai-embassy-in-kuala-lumpur.html

UPDATE : JUNE 2013

As from this month being June 2013 the Thai Embassy in Malaysia has again changed the rules for the multiple entry “O” visa. You now need to show 400,000 THB in a Thai bank account in order to obtain a Thai Marriage Visa (multiple entry) 12 month visa.

Edited by teflonjon
  • Like 1

Siriam, please update this thread once you've been to KL as I'm thinking about a trip down that way myself soon.

As promised here I am with my report.

This morning I was there 1 hour before they open, I was the first to apply.

I had all the paperwork they required including the proof of the 400k, which is the new requirement instead of 100k.

Regardless the lady in charge asked me why this time I did not apply for the year extension in Thailand, I told her that I just got the money on my account while for apply they need to be there at least 2 months.

Having learned that, she wanted to give me just 1 entry claiming that after 90 days I would have be entitled to apply for the year extension contacting the immigration office.

I insisted telling her that since I'm planning to travel a lot in/out Thailand, which is true, and since I was already there, I would prefer apply for the multi-entry.

Eventually I convinced her and I paid 550 ringgit accordingly.

Until I'll have the passport in my hands on Monday I cannot be 100% sure, but I'm pretty confident that I'll get what I asked for.

I believe they want somehow force us to apply for extensions in Thailand.

Till the next... Bye!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The new requirement for 400,000 Baht, does that now have to be in a Thai bank or can it still be in a foreign bank as before?

Seems it must be in a Thai bank only.

From here:  http://www.thai-consulate.net/thai-embassy-in-kuala-lumpur.html

UPDATE : JUNE 2013

As from this month being June 2013 the Thai Embassy in Malaysia has again changed the rules for the multiple entry “O” visa. You now need to show 400,000 THB in a Thai bank account in order to obtain a Thai Marriage Visa (multiple entry) 12 month visa.

And there ya go... they will ask the applicant "why don't you ask the extension in Thailand? We are gonna give you just one entry."

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4