The Ashes Tour 2013

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

England 6/62 now...second over back from lunch. Lyon surprises everyone and delivers a good ball. Ballance caught Haddin

Would Australia enforce a follow-on?

Bad luck for the young Zimbabwean in his first test.

I thought he, and the Kiwi, might have been able to dig England out of the mire.

• Like 1

England 6/62 now...second over back from lunch. Lyon surprises everyone and delivers a good ball. Ballance caught Haddin

I thought he, and the Kiwi, might have been able to dig England out of the mire.

Nah you can't rely on foreigners. I remember thinking that maybe the pacific islanders could have beaten the Lions for you but you still took a right humping didn't you.laugh.png

Nah you can't rely on foreigners. I remember thinking that maybe the pacific islanders could have beaten the Lions for you but you still took a right humping didn't you.laugh.png

No idea.

Talk to your Kiwi player, it's his type of football. (although he's a bit busy at the moment saving England with the bat and ball!)

Edited by Old Croc

OOPS no old croc, how wrong i am!!!! I seem to remember a certain Andrew Symonds (born Birmingham, England) winning quite a few one sayers for the Convicts.

Eng now 6/97 so looks as if they will avoid it anyway.

Even if there was a collapse I would give the bowlers

a spell and have another dig. Wouldn't like to bat last

on this pitch either.

Still, Stokes looking good and still a long way to go.

OOPS no old croc, how wrong i am!!!! I seem to remember a certain Andrew Symonds (born Birmingham, England) winning quite a few one sayers for the Convicts.

wasn't it a shame that the magnificent Tim Horan, the IRISH stalwart of the wallabies wasn't still playing to save you getting hammered by the Lions.cheesy.gif

Yes, I remember you, and your ilk, constantly talking about this fellow years ago when the England side was packed with ready made South Africans cricketers. Hence my digs now.biggrin.png

Symonds was born of West Indian and Scandinavian parents, and migrated to Australia as a toddler where he learnt how to play cricket. Unfortunately, he seemed to have inherited his waster tendencies from his birthplace in the English midlands.laugh.png

• Like 1

Oh come on! <deleted>???

Lyon goes for 30 runs in his last 3 overs and then Clarke gives him a 4th over!

Result: Lyon gives another 9 runs toEngland.

4 overs for 39 runs. I know Lyon sings the team song with gusto and has a happy demeanor, but is that enough?

edit: Clarke brings back Mitch Johnson. 1st over and a wicket. England all out for 155

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Oh come on! <deleted>???

Lyon goes for 30 runs in his last 3 overs and then Clarke gives him a 4th over!

Result: Lyon gives another 9 runs toEngland.

4 overs for 39 runs. I know Lyon sings the team song with gusto and has a happy demeanor, but is that enough?

edit: Clarke brings back Mitch Johnson. 1st over and a wicket. England all out for 155

Lyon will have a chance to bowl in favourable conditions in the last innings. Why he would be

given so many overs now, when the fasties are cleaning them up, is a mystery.

Clarke mystifies me at times.

Anyone else heard the rumour he will retire after this test? Has always hated touring

apparently and the bad back is a problem.

wasn't it a shame that the magnificent Tim Horan, the IRISH stalwart of the wallabies wasn't still playing to save you getting hammered by the Lions.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Tim Horan was born and bred in Australia as was his father. Started his schoolboy career at a Protestant boarding school (Downlands) and went on to the Queensland Reds and the Wallabies. How do you get Irish out of that?

You've been caught out in a flagrant porky.

• Like 2

wasn't it a shame that the magnificent Tim Horan, the IRISH stalwart of the wallabies wasn't still playing to save you getting hammered by the Lions.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Tim Horan was born and bred in Australia as was his father. Started his schoolboy career at a Protestant boarding school (Downlands) and went on to the Queensland Reds and the Wallabies. How do you get Irish out of that?

QUEENSLANDER ...

David quickly checking to make sure BookMan hasn't posted this ... ph34r.png

Apparently, never before in Ashes Test History has England been 'Outed' for all their 100 Wickets.

Meaning that, at the end of each Innings England were 10 for not very much.

Warner has used up all his luck and Australia are 1-27

I wonder if he knows that....he'd be devastatedbiggrin.png

I wonder if he knows that....he'd be devastated:D

Did some checking. I noticed that, just like the English cricket team, the Lions are also a

composite team, made up of players from several countries.rolleyes.gif

That's why they are called the British and Irish Lions!

Both Australia and England in a number of sports have used players who were not native born.

End of, please.

As for the cricket; not a lot I can say, really.

• Like 1

That's why they are called the British and Irish Lions!

Both Australia and England in a number of sports have used players who were not native born.

End of, please.

As for the cricket; not a lot I can say, really.

All is not lost

Clarke might decide to bowl Lyon for 30 overs straight in the second innings, this guaranteeing England a record run chase for victory

• Like 1

Interesting stat.

Top run scorer for the 10 ashes test this summer is......Chris Rogers!

I'm pretty sure Rogers was averaging about 31 before the series and he's

now lifted it to 40+ which is a great effort.

Bailey just out for 42 which is too little too late.

Still over 2 and a half days to go. I hope Clarke lets them try and bat all day.

Interesting stat.

Top run scorer for the 10 ashes test this summer is......Chris Rogers!

I'm pretty sure Rogers was averaging about 31 before the series and he's

now lifted it to 40+ which is a great effort.

Bailey just out for 42 which is too little too late.

Still over 2 and a half days to go. I hope Clarke lets them try and bat all day.

If they are not all out i reckon he'll declare half an hour before stumps....they would be 350 by then so a lead of over 500.

Hard to see Bailey going to South Africa...I think everyone else is safe though

Edited by BookMan

.....Just 20 off that Nathan Lyon over... 4.6.4.0.6.0 (over 26)

To be fair he got 2 wickets earlier on

edit:...Much better over from Lyon. Just 12 from his next over (over 28)

edit:...Cunning cunning bowling from Lyon next over! Just the 16 off that one...oh boy Lyon is really setting the trap here! (over 30)

England 8/160

edit:

England 9/166

edit

England all out 166 in just one session of Cricket!

Australia win the Ashes 5-0

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

How clear was this on the T.V the players celebrating in the middle of the pitch "Australia you F#$cking beauty." English commentators jumping straight in to apologise to their viewers for the language.

• Like 2