Chiang Mai Redshirts Clash With 'Guy Fawkes' Crowd

webfact

People being slaughtered anywhere, in any circumstance, is not funny at all. Fact is the whole rotten situation should not have happened, but it did happen because one man wanted to make a point.

Yup and 'one' man made a very profound point and he still continues to this daywhistling.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is interesting here, and I know from facebook pages and yellow shirt friends of mine, that they are supporting or initiating this "V for Vendetta and Anonymous Thai branch, as well as calling themselves the "Thai Spring"

The irony is that in other countries, the V Vendetta/Anon/Spring movements are all left leaning and against the main structure of society,

Here the names are being used "As they sound good in the press" by people who are identified yellow shirt supporters, which is the opposite of what these groups are elsewhere.

Quite funny really.

What is interesting here, and I know from facebook pages and yellow shirt friends of mine, that they are supporting or initiating this "V for Vendetta and Anonymous Thai branch, as well as calling themselves the "Thai Spring"

The irony is that in other countries, the V Vendetta/Anon/Spring movements are all left leaning and against the main structure of society,

Here the names are being used "As they sound good in the press" by people who are identified yellow shirt supporters, which is the opposite of what these groups are elsewhere.

Quite funny really.

Well believable - Here the names are being used "As they sound good in the press" As we all know, Thai's imitate very well, originate is the problem.

TIT Looks good, must be good!thumbsup.gif It's the old image thing again.

Sawasdee Khrup,

While the vividness of any given color of mask may wax or wane in terms of real power (political, economic, social), and nominal power, and the degree and intensity of mass-media publicity fluctuate like flags at demonstrations ...

Great structural imbalances ... the tectonic plates ... of social inequalities ... concentration of wealth ... barriers to upward economic mobility ... demographics and environmental degradation ... a flawed and corrupt educational system that is not preparing future generations to compete in the Asian economic sphere ...

Will move inexorably towards ... ?

And, as that great transformer of prophets into fools, butcherers into national heroes, and victims into martyrdom, history, reminds us, always lurking is the potential for what Dr. Nassim Taleb called a "Black Swan" event, a "perfect storm." About which, in regards to Thailand, it is very unwise to speculate.

imho, a key qualitative difference in today's Thailand ... Asia ... World ... is that virtually no one's life is not permeated by mass-media, and everyone's visual environment is filled with powerful images of "the good things of life," and the excesses, and luxuries, flaunted publicly by the rich, and communication is ever more decentralized, and instantaneous, via cell-phone, internet, etc.

Sinead O'Connor sang: "I do not want what I have not got." That could have been a "hymn" in many centuries of western culture, or a sign of virtue (metta) in Buddhism long ago: now it's an anthem that suggests individual social protest at the secularized consumer society ... powered by the kind of "dark energy" of which social revolutions are spawned ?

Mr. Natural said: "Twas' Ever Thus," and he did have the smile of a happy human being, but, he was living (in Crumb's mind) before the age of dataveillance, drones, Twitgrub, and FaceFood, when the number of people with college degrees in China is greater than the population of the United States.

But, come, dear friends, let us go back to living in the illusion of the genteel Lanna, recreated from old-cloth, and whole-cloth, in the 1960's, by a truly wonderful group of Chiang Mai intellectuals, musicians, ethnographers, architects ... and then made into a Disneyland by TAT ... no less "valid" than any other cultural revivification, and no less deeply drawing its sustenance and flow from authentic deep artesian wells of ancient customs, and ritual-cycles of weather, and agriculture, fed by the underground aquifer nourished by Shan, Tai Yai, Lao, Sipsongpannese, Akka, Mong Meow, Lahu, Lua, Lisu, Chinese Haw, Karen, Ngaio, Mon, Raman, Avan, among many, sources.

Let's get back to which buffet's better butter.

~o:37;

Flaky Foont: "Where will it all end?"

Mr. Natural: " In the grave, my boy, In the grave!"

post-49742-0-74943600-1371354920_thumb.j

what he did was write an escape clause before he made his ridicules statement. He started off with.

If I was

the wonderful game of if allows all kinds of stupidity. - hellodolly

'If' is used for hypothetical thought in uncertain situations. Uncertainty is everywhere in human affairs. My hypothesis about the Op is no more "ridicules" than all the posts blustering about bullying.

When I see certain posters trying to 'bully' other posters into their fanatical hypothesis, I have to wonder if they lean more towards 'book burning' than 'book reading'.

Edited by rijb