How to find a family oriented thai wife? Suggestions?

JJttttt1

I am a farang in my late twenties residing and working in Thailand for 7 years, and I would like to find a a decent thai wife to make a family and to grow kids together. I can speak Thai not so well, but enough to understand and maintain a communication. The problem is I am not interested in any kind of "bar girl" or a girl focused on money extortion. (It does not mean I am not ready to spend money for a family, or to pay a reasonable sin sot) I would like to find a so called family oriented lady (if they are still existing in this country), whose main goal is family and kids. Her education or English skills or family wealth are not important, but personality is.

As I am not a newcomer here, I realize how hard it is, but I still don't loose a hope. It's obvious for me that I should look for a lady from a countryside, far from tourist centres. Could any of you give me an advice - what is the best apporoach to find a lady like that? Should I contact so called "bride agencies", or get a thai person who can find such a lady for me, or should I go to the countryside myself?

I am sure for many of your this topic will seem naive or even ridiculous, but I am still asking for a serious answer.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how hard is it ?

like shooting fish in a barrel biggrin.png

Even the ugly/nerdy/unfashionable/fat/unpopular/weird/poor get married here.

Not that Im' saying you are any of the above!

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

Move to a Thai only area.

Chat to neighbours, never be seen bringing a woman home, be seen as a polite hard working single man.

Within a few months eligible ladies will be introduced to you.

But be aware, they will expect you to provide a house and enhanced lifestyle in return for the wife and future children.

Chat to neighbours, never be seen bringing a woman home, be seen as a polite hard working single man.

But be aware, they will expect you to provide a house and enhanced lifestyle in return for the wife and future children.

I did all the above, but only got attraction from men 20 to 30 years my senior !laugh.png

Totally avoid anything online, agencies or anything, if you've got enough Thai to "go direct" you should definitely do so.

To simplify I'll posit two paths you can go by:

A Do you want to / have to stay in one place and make a living, be a stable part of a community while you are looking?

or

B Are you willing/able to dedicate yourself to this mission and scour the country in your search?

In either case, the key is having a valid "context" within which people will interact with you. Do you have resources to set up your own company/NGO or whatever? What is your profession?

Another huge factor is do you require education and knowledge about the world, or would a girl straight off the rice farm be OK, given that you can provide her with those?

• Like 1

You have been here 7 years and you need to ask on here where to find a decent girl?

If you have not figured it out yet in all that time, I am afraid no amount of suggestions are going to be helpful. You will already have all the answers, and most replies you get will be unhelpful and probably degrading to you or some subset of Thai society.

I personally found the girl I married well before I came here, and no.... it wasn't from a dating site. She was on my friend's facebook friend list and commented on one of my posts on my friends page, and we ended up in a conversation, and it grew from there.

Some TV members actually have met her, she's a guddun.

• Like 2

I live in pattaya and it seems most gogo and bar girls only dream of marrying a falang and starting a family, I don't have any money to spend for family so sadly my only choice is to live a lonely life in front of my computer :(

• Like 1

It's obvious for me that I should look for a lady from a countryside, far from tourist centres.

Why limit yourself looking for someone from the countryside? Unless you are from the countryside and you especially like rural life.

I think this might be the problem. If you're in your late twenties, I presume you'll be looking for a women in her twenties. Where will they be? Many will be in higher eduction, job training, or just started a job. Not really a countryside thing. Unless you're specifically interested in someone cultivating gourd-like squash varieties, such as pumpkins.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

You are in your twenties. You are relatively young.

Start hanging out in bars and clubs near large universities that are frequented by students.

Don't force yourself on anyone, it may take a few visits, but they will get used to seeing you.

You will be approached, make friends. Start hanging out with them, the rest ought to fall into place.

I did all the above, but only got attraction from men 20 to 30 years my senior !laugh.png

I wonder why. w00t.gif .....................coffee1.gif

me too

• Like 1

Join a Club, or several clubs with plenty of Thais, perhaps linked to your profession, or an interest you may have. You will be inundated with friends and relatives of suitable females suggesting you should meet their daughter, cousin, niece etc..

I met my wife through a 4x4 off-road club. Try to pick a club that already attracts Thais from a compatible social background to yourself. There is really no need to get involved with females involved in prostitution. Don't give everyone the impression that you are there to find a wife....although you could do so jokingly!

Anyway, good luck. There are plenty of lovely genuine, sincere, very attractive women available.

• Like 1

While waiting for your branch-selection in "choose your own adventure", I'll add that hanging out in bars and clubs is the exact opposite of what I'd recommend, would never accept a girl in to my home who drinks alcohol or smokes.

And just because a girl goes to uni doesn't mean she isn't a scamming pro, and IMO they're a lot more likely than the upcountry girls to be interested in a career of their own rather than staying at home to look after the house and kids. Plus the really attractive ones in that set will usually be much more difficult to land and their families will be looking for a **much** higher sin sot.

All depends on what you're looking for, having been here for a few years you should have a pretty good idea of the various demographic profiles and their attributes.

this has to be a Gee Up. 29 YO? 7 Years in the kingdom!! Able to communicate in Thai, able to pay a reasonable Sin Sot.

And you have to ask a question like this.

I am sorry but I find it difficult to believe you.

A few things don't add up. Either you are a reincarnate of the Elephant Man, or you have lived in a (thai) bubble for 7 years and learnt NOTHING. What a waste of seven years.

• Like 2

this has to be a Gee Up. 29 YO? 7 Years in the kingdom!! Able to communicate in Thai, able to pay a reasonable Sin Sot.

And you have to ask a question like this.

I am sorry but I find it difficult to believe you.

A few things don't add up. Either you are a reincarnate of the Elephant Man, or you have lived in a (thai) bubble for 7 years and learnt NOTHING. What a waste of seven years.

Some people eh?

OP you have received some good advice (going local - make yourself known in the best light, being seen as a proper gentleman in the neighborhood, etc.. And some biased advice ... Despite the nay sayers... if you do it the right way you can find quality women on dating sites. If you are seeking an educated woman from a good family, who also seeks to have a family - it can be done using the Internet. People who think that only money grubbers, con artist and bar girls are on dating sites either didn't do it right or are just passing on hearsay.

Using badoo.com and others, I have found women who are of high caliber, educated, good jobs, wholesome family members and much more... Examples....I have met women with the following credentials... Masters Degree educated lady from Udon Thani, school officer - curriculum development and Scout director; Nurse in Nong Khai... works for a government clinic / hospital - community outreach, owns her own home, son in University in Udon Thani, family farm in Udon... School Teacher in Central Thailand, has a secondary business that she works diligently, has two daughters who are in University in Bkk, ... All are proper ladies - plus they speak English well

I could go on for pages listing fine Thai women in my age group. All one has to do is filter out the wheat from the chaff. And if you can't do that on a dating site - then you should not be meeting women randomly in your greater neighborhood. If you create an on line account on a dating site - state your objectives, read the profiles of the women carefully, do not respond to the frivolous or messages of a sexual nature... After meeting a few - make contact with Skype ... Using Skype I have met the womens' friends, children, sisters, brothers, coworkers, even their bosses. After this you can make a wise decision for face to face follow up.

Remember - many young women in your age group are working full time - going to University part time, taking care of her family, etc. They may not have time for a traditional social scene ...

• Like 1

come up here to isaan loads of them want a farang boyfriend.. im tired of them all asking me if i have an friends

yep isaan is definitely the place, they even say farang "cultivation" has replaced rice there :)

• Like 1

ok ill say my little bit,

ladys cant get a masters degree in personality, that comes from within them,

my wife was a poor farm girl who couldnt speak english when i met her, but she has a great personality that matches mine and has a heart of gold to go with it,

you find good girls all over the place, you could bump into one while shoping in the supermarket just the same as you would in your own country, it dosnt hurt just to smile at ladys while your doing your shoping and if there interested they,ll smile back,

you have an advantage that you can speak thai, use this,

and remember not all the good girls have been to uni,

they are out there,

jake

• Like 2

Do what any red blooded male does, Date them and learn if they are compatible. This apply s in any country, there are no tick boxes with any women, or man come to that. It took me 54 years to find the right one, well up to now that's is, good luck on your quest for perfection.

• Like 1

come up here to isaan loads of them want a farang boyfriend.. im tired of them all asking me if i have an friends

.. im tired of them all asking me if i have any friends

+1 yes incredible many times, not only in Isaan facepalm.gif

.. im tired of them all asking me if i have any friends

+1 yes incredible many times, not only in Isaan facepalm.gif

Maybe they are Hinting , that you go find them

ok ill say my little bit,

ladys cant get a masters degree in personality, that comes from within them,

my wife was a poor farm girl who couldnt speak english when i met her, but she has a great personality that matches mine and has a heart of gold to go with it,

you find good girls all over the place, you could bump into one while shoping in the supermarket just the same as you would in your own country, it dosnt hurt just to smile at ladys while your doing your shoping and if there interested they,ll smile back,

you have an advantage that you can speak thai, use this,

and remember not all the good girls have been to uni,

they are out there,

jake

Good, kind, and wise answersmile.png

• Like 1