Lite Beer

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Peter.

We are not only listening, but reacting immediately. BTW no info on injury count is not zero injuries.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647030-white-mask-guards-seen-trying-to-hit-redshirts-with-iron-bars/

Thanks for that, I didn't see that thread. So who is agitating who and why? That's worth 10 points with a 5 point bonus for the most creative reasoning.

Maybe Rich teacher was wrong and many of the people wearing white masks are former Red Shirts who don't want their neighbors to know they have seen the truth.

A stretch, but possible. The last week or so the g/f has been very subdued in her PTP defence, to the point she doesn't want to discuss it. The sight of PTP ministers and spokesmen trying to lie their way out of the rice scam is a killer.

I sometimes wonder if Thaksin fully understands what he has unleashed upon this country.

He didn't unleash anything. It was bubbling under for a long time because there are massive issues about how to sustain the countryside. It was there to tap into because the Bangkok bastard exporters did exploit the farmer for a long long time.

Thaksin hasn't made it right either, but the resentment was already there.

I don't think that's the issue. When you manipulate the psychology of a mass, issues, such as being a poor farmer, are of no consequence. I am sure that the thousands of people who chose to side with Mussolini (for example) had no idea what they were being dragged into. Once there off course, they defend their position to the hilt because people locked in a closed cultish environment, as a rule, do not kick against the staus quo. The psychology here, off course, is that you don't want to become an 'outsider', so you accept what you are involved in is 'the truth' (if I can call it that). That's why you see so much fervent behaviour amongst the reds. This is carefully manipulated by the leadership (we saw exactly this during the Red occupation) when rule number 1 was followed: The rally speeches of the leadership were conspicuous for their skilfullness in operating upon the emotions of the people in the red crowd and avoiding all relevant and policy argumentation. Hitler's Mein Kampf stresses that mass psychological tactics dispense with 'argumentation' and keep the masses fixated on the 'great final goal' at all times. In this case that goal was, and is, the issues that surround Thaksin. This is very clever and sophisticated stuff and I don't know whether it comes from Thaksin, Amsterdam and their ilk or whether they are just falling into this by accident.

Do you think that the pad rhetoric was any less calculated? It is tapping into a visceral feeling of dissatisfaction or contentment of the way the country has been set up.

This desperation to maintain the way it is and avoid discussion, debate and reasoned confrontation eventually leads to physical confrontation. Thailand is changing, that's life.

Thaksin isn't right but neither are the defenders of the way it always used to be.

You are very correct that Thailand desperately needs a 'social' revolution to give more decision making and economic power to the neglected/exploited classes. For far too long, citizens have been locked into their social and economic class without hope of escaping or bettering themselves. It is just too ironic that the 'leader' of this social revolution is a self-serving, extremely wealthy, egomaniac who, in the end, will betray the very revolution he began and is currently leading.

• Like 1

I see it as rather tragic more than ironic that it took Thaksin to tap into this political seam of unrest. The stage is wide open for someone to come to the fore genuinely in the centre of politics. Could be Abhisit, but he has too much Democrat baggage. Balancing the needs of business and Somchai average can be done, but PTP have gone to the extreme to insure they win votes.

I do wish these white shirts would lay off the "threatening the monarchy" line, and just focus on corruption and incompetence of the current government.

I see it as rather tragic more than ironic that it took Thaksin to tap into this political seam of unrest. The stage is wide open for someone to come to the fore genuinely in the centre of politics. Could be Abhisit, but he has too much Democrat baggage. Balancing the needs of business and Somchai average can be done, but PTP have gone to the extreme to insure they win votes.

I do wish these white shirts would lay off the "threatening the monarchy" line, and just focus on corruption and incompetence of the current government.

They have not threatened the monarchy. Where does it say that? The mask is from the movie V for Vendetta, watch the movie then you will understand. Of course the mask may be worn because it's a cool mask.

"Threatening the monarchy" is a smear campaign set up by those who support this government, based on historical significance either not known or disregarded by the mask wearers. Have the maskers made any statements to this effect - I doubt it.

But those on this forum with an agenda proclaim that GF is worn as an anti-monarchist symbol or that the WMs are stupid/ignorant. Neither position is valid.

They have not threatened the monarchy. Where does it say that? The mask is from the movie V for Vendetta, watch the movie then you will understand. Of course the mask may be worn because it's a cool mask.

I think he's saying that this commonly misused standard justification to get politically angry in Thailand is detracting from the more valid of their arguments - that the government is incompetent and corrupt.

Edited by Pi Sek

"Threatening the monarchy" is a smear campaign set up by those who support this government, based on historical significance either not known or disregarded by the mask wearers. Have the maskers made any statements to this effect - I doubt it.

But those on this forum with an agenda proclaim that GF is worn as an anti-monarchist symbol or that the WMs are stupid/ignorant. Neither position is valid.

Actually I think I have read somewhere relatively neutral that one of the White Mask complaints is that Thaksin and PT government are disloyal to the monarchy. However, I can't remember seeing any quotes from anyone - although I'm sure at least one of those banners or placards they're holding will have something communicating the Thaksin-hates-the-King message.

Emptyset's right, of course... it's a foolish card to play when they have so many legitimate complaints against this government's performance.

I have to say, even though I cannot stand this government, I hope they get to complete their term in office. People are starting to see why the Democrats would have been a better choice last time around - massive amounts of money is being lost on pea-brained ideas, the government seems to support censorship as much as the Democrats did, inflation (real-life, not the 1% or whatever officially quoted) has become unreasonable, unemployment is up... all the signs of a country out-of-control.

Besides, now is not a good time for an election. In 2 years we have seen quite a few by-elections go from red to blue, but there are still people brainwashed on both sides. There's always the argument that "the country will be too far gone" in 2 years' time but I think that, for the country to be at peace, both sides have to understand the dangers of voting in a party like Peua Thai.

Let them have their time at the trough and, if they have not governed in an acceptable fashion, then vote them out. And remember why you did.

• Like 1

And in their press statement to the worlds press the white mask group compared Thailand's government to the regime in North Korea including claiming that as in North Korea pictures of the leader were in public display everywhere.

I have never seen posters hanging anywhere of thaksin.

Pitak Siam,yellow shirts,pad, green movement are all branches of the same entity.

Same same.

Equate elections with dictatorship.

Alledge exclusive corruption to only one group

Demand coup.

The trade unions used to back the pad (against privatization) until their membership discovered the pad wanted to do away with their voting rights!

And in their press statement to the worlds press the white mask group compared Thailand's government to the regime in North Korea including claiming that as in North Korea pictures of the leader were in public display everywhere.

I suggest you spend some time in the North East, plenty of Thaksin billboards; around Bangkok the cult of personality is around Yingluck (she is featured in virtually every government paid for billboard as if she actually did some work).

• Like 1

How democratic of the Pheu Thai deputy spokesman... hypocrisy reigns supreme. If they're sincere they should ban the wearing of red in public. They're in power, what more do they want!

The trouble is they're not in power - not really. The deeply flawed 2007 constitution removed whole swathes of Thai public life from the remit of the elected government and gave it to unelected QANGO's - staffed almost exclusively by the Ruling Elite and their henchmen. The Bank of Thailand fiasco being a current example.

Whereas your mate Thaksin would like to stuff the institutions (and currently the one in focus is that of the legal profession) with his own henchmen bought and paid for. The idea that the governor of the BoT should be elected or that somehow his role has been fundamentally redefined because he is not jumping to the PTP volatile tune is a nonsense. On the other hand one can see the attraction of the redshirt thugs for a Millwall supporter.

< Off topic comments edited out >

I wouldn't really expect you to understand any of this, given your capacity for stereotyping me and the supporters of my football club - a very small minority of whom cause trouble as a very small group of Red Shirts cause trouble. Take a look at You Tube and type in 'Red shirt attack Chiang Mai' and look at what these so called 'thugs' actually did yesterday I can assure you that Millwall's mindless minority are capable of far, far worse than this!

Edited by metisdead
Off topic comments edited out of post.

Pitak Siam,yellow shirts,pad, green movement are all branches of the same entity.

Same same.

Demand coup.

The trade unions used to back the pad (against privatization) until their membership discovered the pad wanted to do away with their voting rights!

You do realise that Thaksin is not the elected leader of this government? But to claim NEVER to have seen posters of him leads me to confirm my earlier opinion that your head is firmly wedged in your anus, though I'm not sure how you manage to kiss Thaksin's from there.

I wasn't talking about pre-2006 coup.

Today the only time I see a picture of thaksin is on this web board or on the front page of the illustrious English language Thai newspapers and guess what?

are you ever expected to see an article in praise of yingluk or thaksin in these newspapers or for that matter any newspaper in this country?

I do see posters of yingluk and I too agree with everything she said in Mongolia.

I have taken the trouble to read what she actually said.

Touched a raw nerve didn't she!

Same same.

Demand coup.

You do realise that Thaksin is not the elected leader of this government? But to claim NEVER to have seen posters of him leads me to confirm my earlier opinion that your head is firmly wedged in your anus, though I'm not sure how you manage to kiss Thaksin's from there.

Today the only time I see a picture of thaksin is on this web board or on the front page of the illustrious English language Thai newspapers and guess what?

are you ever expected to see an article in praise of yingluk or thaksin in these newspapers or for that matter any newspaper in this country?

I do see posters of yingluk and I too agree with everything she said in Mongolia.

Mongolia: "Thailand lost track and the people spent almost a decade to regain their democratic freedom"

Obviously there is no longer a need to demonstrate. Condemn the white masks for disturbing the peace of a nice city like CM.

Same same.

Demand coup.

Mongolia: "Thailand lost track and the people spent almost a decade to regain their democratic freedom"

Obviously there is no longer a need to demonstrate. Condemn the white masks for disturbing the peace of a nice city like CM.

Well she had to go to Mongolia to say what she actually felt.

No brainwashed idiots to confront.

Usefull idiots in masks in Chiangmai making their usual "fake protest."

Perhaps someone on here should go around Chiangmai counting the Thaksin posters so to set our minds at rest.

There are plenty of Thaksin-posters up here in C.M., after all his party has roughly two-thirds of the local vote, and it's the clan's home-town.

too.

There are also a few different Red-Shirt factions, some of which make sure that non-Reds find it uncomfortable to speak out in public, and sometimes criticise one another too, such is Red Democracy !

If only PM-Yingluck would speak out at home, as she did in Mongolia, about the importance of democratic-values and free-speech for example, the message surely needs to be heard, by the more-violent amongst her supporters.

Why doesn't she ? One can only speculate that perhaps it doesn't suit her brother's objectives, or that she too feels the need for a street-movement to make her feared, by non-believers ? wink.png

Well MrSlatersParrot, if you have never seen a poster with Thaksin on try this one.

Perhaps you can set it as wallpaper on your computer so you can kiss it every time you turn on

post-12069-0-32350300-1371506931_thumb.j

Yingluck must be the only PM in the world who has her smiling face on a big picture with a convicted crim on the run

• Like 2