Brilliant lifestyle here

Ozybear

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite the opposite my friend. 11 kids in the family put together and she was educated, then borrowed for work on cruise ships, mediterranian and Caribbean, then Dubai , then aus. Then Abu then back to aus. All under her own steam. Very smart, high morals, and knows what to do with$$$. Never wasted a cent. Put others in the family through uni. Then I met her here in aus. Now the family has good business in the local villages, hence no need to send $$$. No bar girls in our family ever. This is why I am so happy. From zero to hero. Luck, not really. But hard work got them where they are today.

How old is ye bird?

The family had no business or $$$ before you galloped into happyville on your white steed?

She borrowed but did it all under her own steam?

No bargirls in the family ever?! Why do you feel the need to say that?

From zero to hero.laugh.png

Sounds like the ideal lifestyle, OP. You state you do FIFO work. Is your wife still working on the cruise ships - it must be difficult to be apart for much of the time?

No she hasn't worked away since we married and the fifo thing is fine. She has the kid and a great group of friends here. Trust is easy with her. 2 weeks away and 2 weeks home, no problems with technology these days.

Quite the opposite my friend. 11 kids in the family put together and she was educated, then borrowed for work on cruise ships, mediterranian and Caribbean, then Dubai , then aus. Then Abu then back to aus. All under her own steam. Very smart, high morals, and knows what to do with$$$. Never wasted a cent. Put others in the family through uni. Then I met her here in aus. Now the family has good business in the local villages, hence no need to send $$$. No bar girls in our family ever. This is why I am so happy. From zero to hero. Luck, not really. But hard work got them where they are today.

How old is ye bird?

The family had no business or $$$ before you galloped into happyville on your white steed?

She borrowed but did it all under her own steam?

No bargirls in the family ever?! Why do you feel the need to say that?

From zero to hero.Posted Image

She's 35 now and she borrowed the $ and paid it back herself , under her own steam. Just like a mortgage. I purchased my house and paid it off under my own steam.

Their honest and the family values I see I know that they would not shag for $ living of the land to survive was the norm for them along with hardworking ethics and morals. Some people are honest hardworking people up north. I have met very few farangs that don't feel the need to give their wife a wage, still don't understand that as we all have to work to survive.

I think as a general rule its not a good idea to judge one own's integration into Thai society on the basis of relationships with the BiB.

I was my thought that they come to say hi due to us being nice to his son in the beginning and also put the shots up the local lads to keep them away due to regular bib visits. Works for me no matter how fe collects his bonuses.

Don't worry Ozybear, many here aren't happy unless they can feel superior, happy stories don't fly as well here, we'll all keep picking away until we find the fly in the ointment, sounds too good to be true, misery loves company etc etc.

• Like 2

Yes, difficult issue, I agree it is valid to confirm that a newbie poster is aware of pitfalls, but it's difficult to do that without appearing to assume he's a sucker.

The other factor is that the initial "honeymoon period" is just so wonderful, as long as a guy's not plowing his life savings into his Nakhon Nowhere adventure I hate to see it spoiled by us planting seeds of suspicion where perhaps none are warranted.

• Like 1

To add to post of David: recognition needs to be followed by actions. There it many times can go wrong. Disbelief and different morals, perception of life, is main reason to see it clear too late. This for either party.

Edited by benalibina
  • Like 2

Or an alternative view might be that many of us are extremely happy with our life in and around Thailand and one of the main reasons is that we have a good Early Warning Radar and have had to deal with many of the problems that are often espoused here.

radar_dish.gif

Patterns do often emerge. Pattern recognition is part of that defensive Radar.

So, I would say that, to dismiss out of hand, the life stories of the 'old timers' who have spent a considerable amount of their life in Thailand, is to be ill advised.

Stories abound in this and other Forums of the perils of having a relationship in Thailand. While some or maybe none of those may befall the OP, to be aware of the pitfalls is just good common sense.

Mine is not a particularly Rose-Coloured view of Thailand ... but I have a deep regard and fondness for it and it's people.

Everyone has a story to tell ... some stories are well worth the read.

OH ... please understand boosta, the above comments are not directed at you, I was simply picking up on the salient points of your post above.

Some valid points, but why is it necessary for TV members to constantly repeat the same refrain throughout the topic - endless attacks and negativity - just a dull and monotonous practise in many topics by the same individuals

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

I think the difference with me is I met my wife in au after she had done a lot of world travelling before she introduced me to issaan and the family. I had never been o/a before and I know that I struck gold immediately. No bar girl , just an ethical hard working women that realises the importance of the dollar more than I did. I do now.

Gold gold gold. Many years together and it only gets better.

Thank you mummzy inlaw, you did a great job.

ozybear what the eff is your IQ , Thank you mummzy inlaw, you did a great job. cheesy.gif

Or an alternative view might be that many of us are extremely happy with our life in and around Thailand and one of the main reasons is that we have a good Early Warning Radar and have had to deal with many of the problems that are often espoused here.

radar_dish.gif

Patterns do often emerge. Pattern recognition is part of that defensive Radar.

So, I would say that, to dismiss out of hand, the life stories of the 'old timers' who have spent a considerable amount of their life in Thailand, is to be ill advised.

Stories abound in this and other Forums of the perils of having a relationship in Thailand. While some or maybe none of those may befall the OP, to be aware of the pitfalls is just good common sense.

Mine is not a particularly Rose-Coloured view of Thailand ... but I have a deep regard and fondness for it and it's people.

Everyone has a story to tell ... some stories are well worth the read.

OH ... please understand boosta, the above comments are not directed at you, I was simply picking up on the salient points of your post above.

Some valid points, but why is it necessary for TV members to constantly repeat the same refrain throughout the topic - endless attacks and negativity - just a dull and monotonous practise in many topics by the same individuals

Perhaps cos some of us have been around the block a few times and passing stuff on in a friendly way to not take everything as it seems might be of help to keep his eyes wide open. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Off course there is the off chance the OP may actually be a genuine, generous, happy, naturally likeable bloke, who has a Buddha given gift for getting along with people. A trait not lost on Thais.. and one that would possibly make him more of a target of an unscrupulous fellow farang in the LOS, than a thai.

As for Immigration and Integration? This is an Australian (link below), now a cultural, classic movie from the 60s when Post War immigration from Europe was still in full swing and the White Australia Policy still current. A great snapshot of Australia in the 60's. And a statement on immigration.

They should make 23 million copies of it and mail it to every household in Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTuL3XnZpoQ

• Like 1

I forgot to include in my post, that I do not care to hear anyone's personal problems here in Thailand, be he a Newbie or an Old timer I am perfectly capable of making up my own mind about issues affecting and my perception of Thai's and my life in Thailand.

As too many variables in an individual that affects how he interacts with the locals and their perception of him.

Cheers:smile.png :

• Like 2

Good Day Ozybear.

I've read every post on this thread.

My situation isn't a million miles from yours.

All the best.

(Still trying to think of a funny comment about the electrician's wife and the 7 inch android.)

Regards

SP

• Like 1

Off course there is the off chance the OP may actually be a genuine, generous, happy, naturally likeable bloke, who has a Buddha given gift for getting along with people. A trait not lost on Thais.. and one that would possibly make him more of a target of an unscrupulous fellow farang in the LOS, than a thai.

As for Immigration and Integration? This is an Australian (link below), now a cultural, classic movie from the 60s when Post War immigration from Europe was still in full swing and the White Australia Policy still current. A great snapshot of Australia in the 60's. And a statement on immigration.

They should make 23 million copies of it and mail it to every household in Australia.

Magnificent link, never seen it before. Cheers bloke. Shared it on FB. PMSL.

Yes, difficult issue, I agree it is valid to confirm that a newbie poster is aware of pitfalls, but it's difficult to do that without appearing to assume he's a sucker.

The other factor is that the initial "honeymoon period" is just so wonderful, as long as a guy's not plowing his life savings into his Nakhon Nowhere adventure I hate to see it spoiled by us planting seeds of suspicion where perhaps none are warranted.

Working as a fifo for many years now. I put it down to the $ I would have spent on alcohol as I don't drink. Loose change to appreciate the efforts of my hard working mother inlaw who brought up 11 kids. All have strong moral and all appreciate where they came from. No biggy for me but some huge for her.
The land of smiles gets better. 5 years of in and out and looking forward to many more.

Past the honeymoon my friend, 5 years and many more to come.

I think the difference with me is I met my wife in au after she had done a lot of world travelling before she introduced me to issaan and the family. I had never been o/a before and I know that I struck gold immediately. No bar girl , just an ethical hard working women that realises the importance of the dollar more than I did. I do now.
Gold gold gold. Many years together and it only gets better.
Thank you mummzy inlaw, you did a great job.

ozybear what the eff is your IQ , Thank you mummzy inlaw, you did a great job. cheesy.gif

It seems to be at least triple yours. Lol.

I must add that I am lucky that my mrs passes on ladies talk. Seems ladies cannot keep their doings to them selves and must brag. For me it is a nightmare to listen too and so l have little contact with folk cos l know whats going on in their life. Sad but true. sad.png

• Like 2