British Real Estate Agent Mysteriously Dies Near Potato Field

Rimmer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many foreigners die in this country every year?

The stats must be shocking

According to the FCO Thailand is the most dangerous tourism destination for Britons.

It is also the most dangerous for Swedes and Australians too, as confirmed by recent reports on here.

RIP Nick.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am not referring to this Nick, but in general, as I have said many times in the past, farangs would be well advised to keep a low profile in Thailand.

Do not get involved, stay within the boundaries of Thai law, never tread on a Thai`s turf, do not form relationships with the underclasses of Thai society, such as women of ill repute, stay away from working in the adult entertainments and bar scenes, don`t get in over your head here and lose that Western aggression, it doesn`t work in Thailand.

Always keep in mind that we are strangers in a foreign land, different culture, different attitudes and different values.

Personally I would not become involved with any sorts of business in Thailand if one was handed to me on a silver platter for free, legal or not.

I have no doubts that the tragic death of this man will not be the last of it`s kind.

Listen to ya Uncle Beety, I know what I`m talking about.

Oh well at least he lived a good life, until it ended. My wife worries about me, I tell her not to worry I'll be dead and won't care. Which makes her mad, she wants me to live as long as she does. tongue.png

• Like 1

Sport is dangerous, in that heat and humidity. sad.png

This is very true. A lot of otherwise healthy people die like this, frequently so-called healthy people.

Especially in warm climates.

Replace your Magnesium sulphate regularly. Discuss the doses and supplies with your health professional, it gets sweated out of your body very quickly and the commonest cause for cramps.

Remember your heart is a muscle, which when it cramps can produce an untimely infarction of heart attack.

There are numerous heart attacks on relatively young athletes and joggers from this, and it seems not well known enough. I get cramps surfing in warm waters like Indo for the same reason and found the cause.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Police rule out murder in death of British man in Bang Saray

SATTAHIP:--Sattahip police have ruled out murder as the cause of death for a British man found dead in a field next to the Huay-tu Reservoir, saying he died of either a heart attack or a fall while exercising.

The body of Nikros Drew, 57, was found June 16 shirtless and bleeding in a cassava field Bang Saray. Due to wounds on his face and chest, police and Drew’s wife originally called the death suspicious.

Sattahip Police Superintendent Col. Chonapat Naowalak said June 18, however, that a forensic examination at Police Hospital determined that the owner of Nicks Apartments suffered from serious heart disease and likely suffered a heart attack while on his morning walk. Alternatively, he may have died from a fall sustained after a heart attack.

Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/police-rule-out-murder-in-death-of-british-man-in-bang-saray-27627

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-06-28 footer_n.gif