British Real Estate Agent Mysteriously Dies Near Potato Field

Rimmer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many foreigners die in this country every year?

The stats must be shocking

given the number of people on this board who hold retirement visas, why would you be surprised when one of them dies?

Absolutely......same thing happens in Eastbourne, Cha-am or any other retirement home...thumbsup.gif

People in retirement homes in Eastbourne are only 57 and go jogging every day?

Its probably living in Eastbourne that kills em ! coffee1.gif

Was there any injury to his hands as the first thing a falling person will do is put out the hands to break the fall.

Maybe not, if they are suffering a massive heart attack or brain haemorage.

Condolences to the man's family and friends. 57 is too young to die, whatever the circumstances.

Chickenslegs (age: 56 and three-quarters)

• Like 1

Sport is dangerous, in that heat and humidity. sad.png

Give us a break!

He was out for a jog, a run, a bit of exercise and nothing would suggest that the heat or humidity should have been a factor.

He11, it was only 07.00 in the morning (the best time of the day) a nice time for a bit of exercise, to get out and relax.

'Sport is dangerous' so is living but, it is not a science. There is another answer as to the reason for this guys death.

It may never be published but at least the scum have not ruled it as suicide "yet"

Give "me" a break!blink.png

To enjoy his "Sport activities" was dangerous for him and costed him his life!

Had he been sitting as a couch potato in front of his TV or Computer, he would, possibly, not have died,

at least, not near that "cassava" field. bah.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

given the number of people on this board who hold retirement visas, why would you be surprised when one of them dies?

Because many on here think you become immortal when you move to Thailand! They are then terribly shocked when an old person dies. They just can't fathom why they weren't immortal like they were supposed to be.

It was not a potato field, it was cassava.

He also did not wear "only pants" he wore sneakers and socks as well - but yes, no shirt.

(since I've past 40 I always dress properly - just for situations like this...)

RIP, British Real Estate Agent

Dress properly...??? For which country, which area and what time of year in whatever country..??

As I said ... properly.

In most of the Western world, whenever a rich spouse dies, the police always suspect the other spouse. More often than not, if you follow the money, you usually have your suspect. It does not seem to be the same set of rules in Thailand. If a rich farang marries a Thai and dies suspiciously, can we really expect the police to take a hard look at the Thai spouse--especially when large sums of money are involved? I am NOT speculating about this case--just saying that I would be highly reluctant to have ANY Thai person as a beneficiary after my death (if I was a millionaire in Thailand).

Edited by KuhnPaen

In most of the Western world, whenever a rich spouse dies, the police always suspect the other spouse. More often than not, if you follow the money, you usually have your suspect. It does not seem to be the same set of rules in Thailand. If a rich farang marries a Thai and dies suspiciously, can we really expect the police to take a hard look at the Thai spouse--especially when large sums of money are involved? I am NOT speculating about this case--just saying that I would be highly reluctant to have ANY Thai person as a beneficiary after my death (if I was a millionaire in Thailand).

I'm a millionaire in my (western) home country, I'm living/married in Thailand, all my heirs are Thai.

Do you live in Thailand? Are you a millionaire ( in Thailand, Laos?anywhere?)You are such a clever a.....e, just saying...

• Like 1

Depends on how much you care for them. I have three boys and they all say the same thing don't worry about them. I have a little money set aside which will go to my Thai wife. It is not fair to take her from a world of counting satongs into a world where she dosen't have to worry where her Mothers next meal is coming from. After 7 years together It would be in my opinion inhuman to expect her to go back to working two jobs especially at 57 years old.

She is my wife and will receive the same benefits my first (American) wife would receive.wai2.gif

• Like 1

Wrong

In Western countries the police suspect no one unless it is an obvious murder or the corners report indicates unnatural causes.

• Like 1

Well i find it very suspicious - The wife was Thai - he was millionaire - and injuries were found on his body and face, not major ones but some non the less.

Maybe He had a fight with his wife, dies from accident or planned death. the body is taken and dumped on a road and his top removed to make it look like he was running and suffered a heart attack. or his top was removed to hide the fact that it was ripped or torn during the initial argument.

Suspicious minds - afraid so

But having said that many many farangs die here from heart related illness, it seems we get so stressed out living here and not having many genuine friends and always being exploited and manytimes having to communicate with our beloved in broken english at a level which is far lower than our mental apptitude, combine that with all the rest and yes, our little dickies dont last long here in this heat.

RIP Mate... At least you were a millionaire... cant win em all..

It was not a potato field, it was cassava.

He also did not wear "only pants" he wore sneakers and socks as well - but yes, no shirt.

(since I've past 40 I always dress properly - just for situations like this...)

RIP, British Real Estate Agent

Thanks, I was wondering how the heck someone was managing to grow potatoes in the tropics.

FYI they do. Do you think that they import spuds passifier.gif (they might if they are frozen fries)

Well i find it very suspicious - The wife was Thai - he was millionaire - and injuries were found on his body and face, not major ones but some non the less.

Maybe He had a fight with his wife, dies from accident or planned death. the body is taken and dumped on a road and his top removed to make it look like he was running and suffered a heart attack. or his top was removed to hide the fact that it was ripped or torn during the initial argument.

Suspicious minds - afraid so

But having said that many many farangs die here from heart related illness, it seems we get so stressed out living here and not having many genuine friends and always being exploited and manytimes having to communicate with our beloved in broken english at a level which is far lower than our mental apptitude, combine that with all the rest and yes, our little dickies dont last long here in this heat.

RIP Mate... At least you were a millionaire... cant win em all..

People keep talking about the heat 'and yes, it might be warm if you come from Reykjavík or Yuzhno.

I have experienced (and worked in) temperatures in excess of 50C. No problem if you observe a bit of common sense.

Half the people posting here seem to be a bunch of 'big girls blouses'

Growing'spuds'at sea level in an uncovered field in the tropics is something I would love to know how to do so please enlighten me since you seem to know more than me. And I would hazard to guess that the upmarket supermarkets do import some judging by the prices they charge, our maybe they are so expensive because they only grow on the mountains during the cool season?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It looks pretty suss to me.

Healthy male going for a jog in the morning and is found dead with markings on his upper body, face and chest.

I would be surprised if it wasnt murder.

No worries thou as the BIB will put all their vast array of investigative skills into solving this onecheesy.gif

Edited by Tolley

Gentlemen, you are quite correct I do have a case of mistaken identity, probably made worse by the fact that they are both the same age and real estate agents living in roughly the same area.

I apologise to Nick's family for my mistake.

There was no malicious intent, when I (mistakenly) thought that this was the high profile Drew I was simply pointing out that I hoped that all angles would be covered.

• Like 1

I am not making any assumptions regarding the causes of this man`s death.

But I can tell you that property speculation in Thailand is an area to avoid. Over the years there have been many deaths of farangs associated with real estate speculating.

One of the golden rules for living a peaceful life here in Thailand, is to not become involved.

Again, I am not making any assumptions, this is the advice from the police here in Chiang Mai.

Hoping they will find the monsters who done this, whether it be hit and run or a murder.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I know nick and his family, just for the record he loved his wife and his son with a passion, he ran a straight business which has recently really started taking off, with the intraduction off Internet booking sites, he has a number of long term tennants who stay there, simply because off the happy community they live in, nick will be sadly missed, and my heart goes out to his wife and there young son. May he rest in peace.

• Like 2

According to the FCO Thailand is the most dangerous tourism destination for Britons.

It is also the most dangerous for Swedes and Australians too, as confirmed by recent reports on here.

RIP Nick.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app