British Real Estate Agent Mysteriously Dies Near Potato Field

Rimmer

British Real Estate Agent Mysteriously Dies Near Potato Field

A millionaire British real estate agent went out for a run, but was later found dead near a potato field. Police couldn’t identify whether he was murdered or whether he had an accident.

SATTAHIP – June 16, 2013 [PDN]; Police Lt. Ubon Wongkamchai of Sattahip police station was informed that a body of a foreigner was found near a potato field. A voluntary rescue team was dispatched together with the police to investigate.

At the scene, the body of 57 year-old Nicholas Drew, a English national. He was later known to be the owner of the Nick’s apartment. He was describe to be lying dead without any shirt, wearing only pants. From an autopsy, it was initially known that there were injuries on his face and chest.

After questioning his wife, Mrs. Nick Drew, age 36, police found out that she had been together with Mr. Nicholas in Thailand for 14 years. She said that he was a healthy man,

Full story:--http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/06/16/british-real-estate-agent-mysteriously-dies-near-potato-field/

--PATTAY DAILY NEWS 2013-06-16

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British Property Developer found dead close to Potato Field in Sattahip

brit-2.jpg
SATTAHIP:--A 57 Year old local British property developer was found dead on a road next to a Potato Field in the Bang Saray area of Sattahip District just after 7am on Sunday and his death currently remains unexplained.

The body of Mr. Nicholas Drew was discovered by passers-by and reported to Sattahip Police who called rescue services to recover the body.

Noticeable injuries had been sustained to the victim’s face and upper-chest area and a pool of blood was seen on the side of the road.
Mr. Drew has been in Thailand for 14 years and owns the Nick Apartments and Resort in Bang Saray. His wife, also called “Nick” soon arrived and confirmed the body was that of her Husband. She revealed how he would go for a run most mornings and as far as she was aware her Husband was in good health.

Police have sent the body to the Police Forensic Institute in Bangkok for a post-mortem examination to confirm the exact cause of death.
Full Story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/91412/british-property-developer-dead-close-potato-field-sattahip/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-06-16

It was not a potato field, it was cassava.

He also did not wear "only pants" he wore sneakers and socks as well - but yes, no shirt.

(since I've past 40 I always dress properly - just for situations like this...)

RIP, British Real Estate Agent

Condolences to the family.

The fittest of people can suddenly have a heart attack whilst exercising. I had a friend who was extremely fit and suffered cardiac arrest whilst jogging. He had similar facial injuries as a result of hitting the ground. He was 37 yrs old.

I have always exercised daily 10 kms per day and have been told by my doctor to cut back and not push my body to hard. Now I do around 5 kms per day.

• Like 1

Sport is dangerous, in that heat and humidity. sad.png

Give us a break!

He was out for a jog, a run, a bit of exercise and nothing would suggest that the heat or humidity should have been a factor.

He11, it was only 07.00 in the morning (the best time of the day) a nice time for a bit of exercise, to get out and relax.

'Sport is dangerous' so is living but, it is not a science. There is another answer as to the reason for this guys death.

It may never be published but at least the scum have not ruled it as suicide "yet"

• Like 1

The fittest of people can suddenly have a heart attack whilst exercising. I had a friend who was extremely fit and suffered cardiac arrest whilst jogging. He had similar facial injuries as a result of hitting the ground. He was 37 yrs old.

I have always exercised daily 10 kms per day and have been told by my doctor to cut back and not push my body to hard. Now I do around 5 kms per day.

HELLO HE SUSTAINED INJURIES. MURDER, AKKA BUMPED OFF. READ ALL ABOUT IT MISTER

I read the story but there is nothing written to say it was murder. I am not ready to jump to conclusions just yet.

You say it is murder and that is up to you. Personally I just don't know from what I have read.

• Like 1

How many foreigners die in this country every year?

The stats must be shocking

given the number of people on this board who hold retirement visas, why would you be surprised when one of them dies?

Absolutely......same thing happens in Eastbourne, Cha-am or any other retirement home...thumbsup.gif

Hit and run?

He would have lower body injuries like from behind or sides.

He could have upper body injuries if he had a massive heart attack and keeled over.

5-6 feet of falling while running or standing can cause bleeding on contact with something hard.

Or even death from tripping and hitting your forehead.

I know someone who slipped while painting, hit the center blood vessel in

his forehead in a ladder step and bled out while he was unconscious,

they found him 2 days later. If anyone had been there he would have lived.

So tripping and hitting a rock or road edge, or other things could do it.

In any case even people who have seen the scene are only speculating.

• Like 1

He also did not wear "only pants" he wore sneakers and socks as well - but yes, no shirt.

Yes and it always pays to have a clean pair of jocks on "just in case your in an accident" (least that was what my mum always said when I was going out)

• Like 1

Also my condolences to the family and I hope that the case of death is soon established to avoid the obvious.

Regarding excerise I wish to be heathier than you so I now have stopped all excerise and watch sport from the TV. Of course there is never an advantage with a disadvantage and now I have to sit more upright otherwise my stomach blocks my view of the TV.

• Like 2

I think it was James Fixx, who wrote "The Complete Book of Running" that died of a heart attack. Sooner or later, it is time to check out. RIP. Suicide by running, a new category.

Yes and it always pays to have a clean pair of jocks on "just in case your in an accident" (least that was what my mum always said when I was going out)

Exactly what my dear ole Mum used to say, I remember it well after 60 years!

Thanks, I was wondering how the heck someone was managing to grow potatoes in the tropics.