Promenada Movie prices

beb

A friend told me today that the price of a ticket at the new theater is 300 baht. Is that correct for all movies? It's double the prices elsewhere and getting pretty close to US ticket prices. Can anybody confirm that this is the pricing now?

Thanks!

I believe the regular seats are 130 baht and on Wednesdays it is 100 baht (except for releases being made that day). The 300 baht (actually think it is more than that) is for the

large sofa type seats in the back row of the theatre . IMO those are the worst seats in the house anyway

I believe the regular seats are 130 baht and on Wednesdays it is 100 baht (except for releases being made that day). The 300 baht (actually think it is more than that) is for the

large sofa type seats in the back row of the theatre . IMO those are the worst seats in the house anyway

Ah, ok, that makes a lot more sense. I couldn't imagine that they would be able to command such a premium price for regular ticket. I guess my friend was confused.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah that is right 100baht for a Wednesday is the right price to pay for a movie treat !

Great mall, great cinemas.....I suggest everyone head there and forget about Major Cineplex at Airport Plaza.

Great mall, great cinemas but are the movies any good? By good at the very least I mean anything other than the mind numbing crap at Major Cineplex!

Yeah that is right 100baht for a Wednesday is the right price to pay for a movie treat !

Great mall, great cinemas.....I suggest everyone head there and forget about Major Cineplex at Airport Plaza.

Great mall, great cinemas but are the movies any good? By good at the very least I mean anything other than the mind numbing crap at Major Cineplex!

Same same (but not different) I'm afraid!

I will have to go to see for myself but if they are the same kind theater 7 in the Airport Mall had for a while I sure agree with you they sucked big time. I had heard that the regular seats were really nice. but then again so are the ones at the airport.

Hopefully we will get a bigger selection Airport always seems to have at least 1 I like but I have noticed shows in Bangkok that never come to Chiang Mai.

I am not going to make any final decisions until they are done and have ironed out any little bugs that may occur.

Note to self look at spell checker before posting.

Edited by hellodolly

In my years overseas in various countries, it's pretty clear that the movies that make it to the theater are limited to blockbuster types. Comedies don't travel well and dramas are limited in their appeal. Bottom line is that they don't waste their time with stuff that will result in empty theaters.

That's why god invented torrents.

In a city that hasn't shown Lincoln, a masterpiece of acting by DDL.........what can I say?

I just want the crowds to move away from AP. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

We paid 170 yesterday at A.Plaza to see Man of Steel. Is the new mall that much cheaper? By the way, Man of Steel in my humble opinion not very nice. Way too much explosions. And my dear friend wanted to know what happened to superman's bikini.

We paid 170 yesterday at A.Plaza to see Man of Steel. Is the new mall that much cheaper? By the way, Man of Steel in my humble opinion not very nice. Way too much explosions. And my dear friend wanted to know what happened to superman's bikini.

Showing on 6 screens at Airport Plaza, Thai's love this stuff, lots action, no plot and you can play on your mobile without really missing anything. Was exactly the same with Iron Man 3, seven screens and packed out.

Sadly , the picture painted of movies shown in Chiang Mai, ie blockbusters only, is exactly the same in the UK, was there recently and was taken by my son to see the new Star Trek movie. Entry ticket was £8 (son and his wife have a season ticket which gets them in considerably cheaper), then if you do want refreshments, sneak your own in because popcorn, coca cola etc cost about another £5 on top!!

Incidentally, I found watching a movie in 3D to be a very unfulfilling experience. Apart from the fact that you wear glasses on top of glasses if you are normally a glasses wearer, the 3D system brings with it a 30% darkening effect (thats official by the way) , so if, as I did several times you take the 3D glasses off, the screen suddenly appears much brighter ( but a bit blurred obviously!)

Personally, I hope 3D dies a death and soon. I fear its here to stay, though, so I will either find the "non 3D version", or more likely simply await the availability via the usual (illegal?) sources. Thats a pity, because I used to love the whole cinema going experience, I am of the generation that was brought up loving the cinema (ie old!)

I am with you on the 3D not only does it get dimmer but it lacks detail. The only one I want to see in 3D is Avatar I saw it in Digital and there was some scenes in there well worth seeing in 3D.

My hope is that they improver the 3D far beyond what it is now.

• 9 months later...

anyone know if the Promenada still has a discount on Wednesday and if it is all showtimes that day? we have some relatives in town with kids who want to see Lego movie so the savings would be substantial. can't find any info on prices in Thai or English. anyone know? thank you.

Sadly , the picture painted of movies shown in Chiang Mai, ie blockbusters only, is exactly the same in the UK, was there recently and was taken by my son to see the new Star Trek movie. Entry ticket was £8 (son and his wife have a season ticket which gets them in considerably cheaper), then if you do want refreshments, sneak your own in because popcorn, coca cola etc cost about another £5 on top!!

Incidentally, I found watching a movie in 3D to be a very unfulfilling experience. Apart from the fact that you wear glasses on top of glasses if you are normally a glasses wearer, the 3D system brings with it a 30% darkening effect (thats official by the way) , so if, as I did several times you take the 3D glasses off, the screen suddenly appears much brighter ( but a bit blurred obviously!)

Personally, I hope 3D dies a death and soon. I fear its here to stay, though, so I will either find the "non 3D version", or more likely simply await the availability via the usual (illegal?) sources. Thats a pity, because I used to love the whole cinema going experience, I am of the generation that was brought up loving the cinema (ie old!)

I am with you on the 3D not only does it get dimmer but it lacks detail. The only one I want to see in 3D is Avatar I saw it in Digital and there was some scenes in there well worth seeing in 3D.

Can anyone tell me the difference between 3 D and 4 D ?

4D is an even more stupid version of 3D ( Note. I dont like 3D, see my post above!!!) where in addition to the 3D effect your seat vibrates and moves around for example as the movie goes over a bumpy road or whooshes through space! Dont think it will catch on, just another way to con you out of even more money for a cinema visit (although to be fair cinema prices here less than half what it costs in the UK.

• Like 1

4D is an even more stupid version of 3D ( Note. I dont like 3D, see my post above!!!) where in addition to the 3D effect your seat vibrates and moves around for example as the movie goes over a bumpy road or whooshes through space! Dont think it will catch on, just another way to con you out of even more money for a cinema visit (although to be fair cinema prices here less than half what it costs in the UK.

We saw the part two of the Hobbit there. Never again. the wife got a little car sick and the seats were not that comfortable. They also had a whiff of air go by the side of your head every time they shot an arrow and in one scene where they were going down a stream with rapids a bit of a spray of water on your face. Never again.

As for 3D I am anxious to see one. The Airport Mall was selling glasses for them. I got a pair that fit a lot better and my son got a pair that slipped right on to his regular glasses.

I don't imagine it will improve the clarity any but it will be more comfortable. that is the one good thing about the 3D movies they generally also have them in 2D.

I went there last week and asked if I have a K-Bank platinum card do I get a discount and she said I can get a ticket for free. I said there are 5 people in my group and she said no problem--Got 5 tickets NO CHARGE

I can get 86 FREE movies she said

?

• Platinum card

o Monthly incomeTHB 50,000 or more

and thats the only qualification? foreign income eligible? if so, im off to kbank tomorrow to enjoy some free movies smile.png

Are there cinemas at Maya?

Yes but they are another SF theater same as the Promenada. If you are not in Thailand you might find the cost of transportation to them rather expensive.

Haven't seen a movie there yet but I noticed there super duper seats are not two seater's like the Promenada. No idea of the cost.

anyone know if the Promenada still has a discount on Wednesday and if it is all showtimes that day? we have some relatives in town with kids who want to see Lego movie so the savings would be substantial. can't find any info on prices in Thai or English. anyone know? thank you.

I think so...this site does not show prices,but if you go to "showtimes" and scroll down to "promenada" you may get the movies and actual showtimes(sometimes,if it works) smile.png

http://www.sfcinemacity.com/index.php/th/home/highlight

Some may not like it,but 4DX it's the most "roller-coaster" experience of movie watching one can get now....it costs 350 Baht...why not... w00t.gif

Edited by funcat

how would 4D work and feel with movies like, Debbie does Dallas, or Deep Throat, just wondering

• Like 1

3D technology seems to have taken a step back in recent years. I can recall seeing my first 3D movie at Disneyland over 30 years ago and the experience was greater than anything I've seen since. That includes "Avatar" which I saw in 3D in Los Angeles. It seems the movie companies are putting more interested in stopping piracy and less into the quality of the experience for the audience.