Chalerm lambasts move to probe his Rolls Royce

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chalerm is exactly the type of Amataya that true Red Shirts should be clamouring to get rid of.

This buffoon is an insult to the nation and the electorate that chose the government, but a fitting tribute to the selfish interests that nominated him as deputy PM.

He embodies the culture of entitlement and lack of accountability which will be the demise of Thailand. I just wish the Prai would wake up from their trance.

There are drug-addled serial kilers with more credibility than Mr. Chalerm. His family is a disgrace to the rule of law in Thailand. The best part: he isn't even a good liar. Chalerm is a perfect example of the phenomenon in Thailand of bad liars. In a society where truth and honesty are considered as valuable as a Burmese migrant, many are incapable of actually telling a lie that is even remotely believable. Everytime Mr. Chalerm gets up to the microphone, he has a habit of spinning yarns that a four year-old could discredit. The best was his latest response to questions about the disappearance of a prominent government critic and Bangkok businessman. When asked about the disappearance, instead of expressing his condolences to the family and his concern for the man's safety, he basically said, "We didn't do it." Do what Chalerm?! What was done that you didn't take part in? I take comfort knowing that this guy would almost certainly end up in prison or dead were he to try to live in any other country on earth. Fortunately for him, he lives in Thailand, the world's hub of integrity.

The thing is, he really does believe he can fool all of the people all of the time. The arrogance is truly astonishing.

But, one day there may well be a reckoning.

I think his arrogance is that he doesn't care if it is believed or not - he has a legal excuse, however far fetched, and in his arrogance he knows that that is enough to cover his arse - to all those who give enough of a u-know-what he simple say "You know who I am? believe it or look away if you know what's good for you" accompanied by the threat of a defamation suit.

//Typo

Edited by wolf5370

I would imagine there would be a lot of people out there who would like to "probe" this master of corruption.

Gee, the farang drongos who support the PTP must be so proud of him !

You speak for yourself.... I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole!

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

And what if the Singaporean guy sold the Rolls Royce to him for a dollar

Wouldn't wash.

There are well defined laws for valuing imports, and a transaction such as you suggest would fall outside those laws.

Not that Thai Customs has a reputation for actually following their own laws. whistling.gif

I'm liking your recent post Jack - what's happening to me? laugh.png

The paper that dare not be named is reporting that Customs has said that the correct taxes were paid...

Very loose term that word 'correct'

tongue.png

Of course. That would be the same crowd that said that Thaksin 'paid' his taxes on the assets he brought onshore.

How many minutes did they announce that after Chalerm's 'do you know who I am.?

will DSI not question how he could afford that on his "normal" salary ?

I don't follow Thai politics very closely, but doesn't Chalerm meet with the media every so often?

Why can't a member of the press ask him how it's possible for a life-long public official to afford two cars worth over 50,000,000 Baht?

It seems a fair question that deserves an answer.

I don't follow Thai politics very closely, but doesn't Chalerm meet with the media every so often?

Why can't a member of the press ask him how it's possible for a life-long public official to afford two cars worth over 50,000,000 Baht? 

Especially as it's not just 2. He is reported to have 100 cars!

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

the car in question is a maroon and silver rolls ghost

post-180983-0-68768600-1371529475.jpg

Is this a factory color? It looks a lot like a Royal Thai Police paint job to me....

Nah, they are going to paint the bonnet yellow (it's in undercoat in the pic) and he's going to lend it to a mate to use as a taxi in Samui so he can keep the payments up

Will look like this when finished whistling.gif

kohsamui_jungle_trip.jpg

• Like 1

Why do people keep picking on this most honest of men?

He has a long history of political oppression against him right back to when he was one of the richest police captains in the force and had to flee overseas from persecution.

I believe he has 5 cars including the Rolls and Bentley.

Could it be that the other three also come under the definition of luxury cars?

Sorry I just cannot help myself. If the Thai language has the word hypocrite in the dictionary, his photo would be next to it...

Also next to (my personal favorite) ... thug

If you met and knew his method of working (not without reason people call him the Thai J Edgar Hoover) asking him even simple pointed questions might result in a pointed response, such as a future ban on all interviews and asking him questions (thus preventing a journalist from being able to work).

They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Perhaps if the various people who have met this family outside of parliament had mont blancs they would have been able to avoid the alleged beatdowns or shootings. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Not that Chalerm would ever resort to violence or anything.

If you met and knew his method of working (not without reason people call him the Thai J Edgar Hoover) asking him even simple pointed questions might result in a pointed response, such as a future ban on all interviews and asking him questions (thus preventing a journalist from being able to work).

They say the pen is mightier than the sword. Perhaps if the various people who have met this family outside of parliament had mont blancs they would have been able to avoid the alleged beatdowns or shootings. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Not that Chalerm would ever resort to violence or anything.

I saw him personally once, at a wake in chiangmai, at and the only description I could say is bumptious dick.

He ran rough road over everyone, until told to calm down and not be a prick by other assembled pooyais.

He deserved a smack.

I saw him personally once, at a wake in chiangmai, at and the only description I could say is bumptious dick.

He ran rough road over everyone, until told to calm down and not be a prick by other assembled pooyais.

He deserved a smack.

I personally have nothing but good words to say about a guy who supposedly helps his son as a fugitive to escape a murder charge, then boasts about how he did it, and yet enjoys the support of the vast majority of Puea Thai supporters, who think he is really a typical 'Prai' albeit one with a huge number of cars (mostly pink) and more money than the rest of us will likely ever know in our lifetimes.

Edited by steveromagnino
  • Like 2

Please! As if Tarit would have the guts to investigate one of his boss's cronies. What a joke!

Please! As if Tarit would have the guts to investigate one of his boss's cronies. What a joke!

Well if he's not then he's doing a great job at faking it.

If there is one group who will be silently seething at the revelations about Chalerm's Roller it will be the university academics who line up to pay homage to the 'red revolution' and its political leader Mr Thaksin. You might think they surely aren't that naive and actually they are not, but they don't like ostentatious wealth (other than from Thaksin himself, the blessed one) thrust into their faces particularly when they get bugger all except vague hopes for future advancement and promotion. So when incidents like Chalerms's Pink One come to the fore they go into a sulk and are hardly seen for a while at least on these forum threads. But never mind, they will be back. They know their place. Oh yes they do.

• Like 2

So I heard today that the cars he owns are actually knock offs from China...

It's not rearry a Bentley it's a Bentrey and not a Rolls Royce but a Rorrs Royce...

So the taxes paid should be about in line, if not more than adequate...

:P

Let's see. Annual salary for Chalerm is 100,000 per month. So 1.2 million per year. Has two cars alone worth 50 million baht. So if he devoted all of his salary towards buying ostentatious super cars, and stopped the purchase of all ear medicine, he would have to work 41.6 years to pay for those cars...

And he has not been investigated for unusual wealth ?? Guess being Thaksin's hatchet man has some real advantages..

In the land of fake documents, I am fairly sure some documents will be produced showing he paid the tax in full. That is the correct face saving move, am a bit surprised he is doing his moronic thundering away instead of simply producing fake papers...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Let's see. Annual salary for Chalerm is 100,000 per month. So 1.2 million per year. Has two cars alone worth 50 million baht. So if he devoted all of his salary towards buying ostentatious super cars, and stopped the purchase of all ear medicine, he would have to work 41.6 years to pay for those cars...

And he has not been investigated for unusual wealth ?? Guess being Thaksin's hatchet man has some real advantages..

In the land of fake documents, I am fairly sure some documents will be produced showing he paid the tax in full. That is the correct face saving move, am a bit surprised he is doing his moronic thundering away instead of simply producing fake papers...

More and more of these topics are just TIT. always nice to contribute some common-sense to the topic, but it's p...ing in the wind.

Next topic please

Why buy it from Singapore? Taxes for luxury cars are more than Thailand.

Doesn't make the slightest sense. Buy in Europe for a 10th of the cost of Singapore.

So he bought a heavily taxed vehicle only to import to a country with similar luxury car tax.