Double Entry Visa - How do I start the second entry?

Hi,

I apologize if this question is repettive but I want to be absolutely sure about how this works.

I'd like to confirm that in order to begin my second entry, I can simply go out by land, for example to Poipet for a quick day trip, and come back to begin my second entry. I do not need to stay overnight.Is that correct? Please confirm that I do not need to fly out.

Thanks!

Just a reminder! The second entry must be made on or before the"must enter by" date on the VISA, not the date on the permission to stay stamp in your passport! In a recent report someone missed it by a day and only got a 15 day visa exempt entry on reentry since his visa had expired.

• Like 1

Just a reminder! The second entry must be made on or before the"must enter by" date on the VISA, not the date on the permission to stay stamp in your passport! In a recent report someone missed it by a day and only got a 15 day visa exempt entry on reentry since his visa had expired.

That's an interesting and important wrinkle to the double entry visa.

I applied and received a 30 day extension over the first 60 days yesterday, extension valid up to 17 July. I now notice on my actual Visa the "enter before date" which was created at the time I got my Visa in April is also the 17th of July. So they had pre-allowed for the possibility of a 30 day extension at the time the Visa was issued.

Additional important notes: I notice that the Extension stamped in my passport includes 3 instructions -

1 - extension of stay permitted up until 17 July

2 - to keep your stay permit, re-entry permit must be made before leaving Thailand

3 - Notification of residence must be made every 90 days

So looks like in addition to departing and re-entering Thailand by 17 July, i also need to apply for a re-entry permit when I leave AND file notification of residence on(?) or before 17 July (which will be the 90 day mark).

Like a certain Monty Python skit this one.

Anyone care to confirm the above?

I applied and received a 30 day extension over the first 60 days yesterday, extension valid up to 17 July. I now notice on my actual Visa the "enter before date" which was created at the time I got my Visa in April is also the 17th of July. So they had pre-allowed for the possibility of a 30 day extension at the time the Visa was issued.

Additional important notes: I notice that the Extension stamped in my passport includes 3 instructions -

2 - to keep your stay permit, re-entry permit must be made before leaving Thailand

So looks like in addition to departing and re-entering Thailand by 17 July, i also need to apply for a re-entry permit when I leave AND file notification of residence on(?) or before 17 July (which will be the 90 day mark).

The re-entry permit is only needed if you want to exit and enter on your first entry of the visa.

so lets say next week you want to leave the country and come back without using your second entry.

The 90 days notification must indeed be done, however leaving and entering the country also constitutes as a notification and the counting starts from 1 again on that day.

hope that was helpful

One more question here. If I go out by land and re-enter are exit permits available at land crossing points? Or it requires getting a re-entry permit at an office here in Bangkok? I know the re-entry permits are available at the airports, convenient if exiting by air but what to do if exiting by land?

thanks in advance.

.1. permit to stay until 17/07/2013

2. If you wish to leave Thailand before 17/7 and return on the same "permit to stay" then a re-entry permit is required.

3. 90day address report only required if staying in Thailand 90 days ---on tourist visas this cannot be achieved

To Kiwikoppy and Mario 2008:

So, as long as I remain in Thailand for the full 30 day extension and my exit and re-entry by land is on or before the 17th of July (last day to enter Thailand on my Visa) - i do not need a re-entry permit or to file by mail the 90 day notification of residence.

Sound right?

A related question if I may:

I have a multiple entry 12 month OA visa (Retirement).

I re-entered a few days before its expiry, so now have another stamp good for another 12 months.

I assume this second stamp is no longer multiple entry, is that correct?

And likewise I could apply for a re-entry permit if I wanted to briefly leave the country?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by jackflash

To Kiwikoppy and Mario 2008:

So, as long as I remain in Thailand for the full 30 day extension and my exit and re-entry by land is on or before the 17th of July (last day to enter Thailand on my Visa) - i do not need a re-entry permit or to file by mail the 90 day notification of residence.

Sound right?

You do not need or want a re-entry permit or report being here 90 days - these are new immigration stamps for all extensions of stay but really only apply to those on non immigrant visa entry extensions where they actually stay longer than 90 days and do not have a visa for a new entry. You just need to enter before the end of the 17th on second tourist visa entry and that can be done at any entry point.

The re-entry permit is only needed if you want to exit and enter on your first entry of the visa.

so lets say next week you want to leave the country and come back without using your second entry.

The 90 days notification must indeed be done, however leaving and entering the country also constitutes as a notification and the counting starts from 1 again on that day.

hope that was helpful

''The re-entry permit is only needed if you want to exit and enter on your first entry of the visa.''

That does not sound correct to me.

Someone residing in Thailand , and for example, in the middle of a second entry, may wish to exit Thailand for a short time and re-enter. A re-entry permit would allow to come back and use the remaining time of the latest permit to stay, the "admitted until" date.

You both seem to be saying the same thing but thinking about first and second entries - whenever you want to continue with your current entry on return you get a re-entry permit and use that for return. Referenced post is talking about first entry and asking if he needs a re-entry permit to return on his second entry; which he does not.

Hello, can you tell me where you applied for and received your double entry visa? I am trying to get one here in Mexico City at the Thai royale embassy (we are a US family traveling through Mexico) and the lady I am in contact with keeps saying I need a residence form. Any help would be great.

• 3 months later...

ok, maybe this was answered, but I'm not sure I understood. I'm applying for a double entry visa in Canada. Near to the 60 day limit I may decide to extend it by 30, but may not stay the full 30 - do a border run and get my other 60 days, although I may not use them fully before I come back home. Would this be a problem?