Mother of Two in daylight necklace snatch drama in South Pattaya

Rimmer

Laos Mother of Two caught-up in daylight necklace snatch in South Pattaya

PATTAYA:--Two men aged 22 and 23 were arrested on Monday afternoon in front of a South Pattaya Market, accused of snatching a 20,000 Baht Gold Necklace from a Laos National who was returning home with her children she had just picked-up from Nursery School.

Miss Tipagorn aged 23 was on her motorbike with her children and had stopped at the Pattaya Third Road junction with Soi 17, in front of the Sophon Market, when two men, later named as Khun Wirapong aged 23 and Khun Wiroot aged 22, who are both known to Police, approached from behind and snatched the gold necklace.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/91561/laos-mother-caught-up-daylight-necklace-snatch-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-06-18

A theft is a theft, and inalienable rights are inalienable rights, if you gather my meaning; but this woman openly displaying such a lucrative temptation to a thief is about as stupid as a jogger charging down a soi full of feral dogs. There are many things in Thailand you simply should not do, no matter how many rights you think you have. Rights don't cover your ass in Thailand. There are simply too many idiots with no self-restraint who will jump the gun right at you.

If you think like that where will it end, driving on a motorbike that looks nicer as average.. looking clean shaven and cut maybe a better target because you have money, living in a nice condo or house ect ect. Nice one on blaming the victim, thieves should just keep their hands to themselves. I do get the point about temptation but its a sliding scale now if nobody wore necklaces then they would find something else to identify their targets. In the end we should all look the same wear the same to blend in and not give the impression you have money.

• Like 1

A theft is a theft, and inalienable rights are inalienable rights, if you gather my meaning; but this woman openly displaying such a lucrative temptation to a thief is about as stupid as a jogger charging down a soi full of feral dogs. There are many things in Thailand you simply should not do, no matter how many rights you think you have. Rights don't cover your ass in Thailand. There are simply too many idiots with no self-restraint who will jump the gun right at you.

If you think like that where will it end, driving on a motorbike that looks nicer as average.. looking clean shaven and cut maybe a better target because you have money, living in a nice condo or house ect ect. Nice one on blaming the victim, thieves should just keep their hands to themselves. I do get the point about temptation but its a sliding scale now if nobody wore necklaces then they would find something else to identify their targets. In the end we should all look the same wear the same to blend in and not give the impression you have money.

I completely empathize with your view, Robblok; however I am simply being realistic about this.

I understand what you are saying, and what you are saying is what I already said, but I sense you are being reactionary, whereas I am being realistic.

Yes, you are correct, but yes, beware. I suppose you don't lay your steaks next to the BBQ when the dogs are out, and leave to go into the house to get a beer, yes? Same principle; don't push the envelope when you know better, regardless of your principles.

Cheers

• Like 2

I completely empathize with your view, Robblok; however I am simply being realistic about this.

I understand what you are saying, and what you are saying is what I already said, but I sense you are being reactionary, whereas I am being realistic.

Yes, you are correct, but yes, beware. I suppose you don't lay your steaks next to the BBQ when the dogs are out, and leave to go into the house to get a beer, yes? Same principle; don't push the envelope when you know better, regardless of your principles.

Cheers

Yes i agree we are thinking along the same lines, i understand your point and its a good one. I do wear gold (under my t shirt) as its a gift from my parents from way back. Its not Thai gold so it wont break easy. Anyway I really get what you are saying and its the truth don't tempt people but I don't like that truth one bit.

• Like 1

Not making excuses for the thieves; however, many are yaba addicts and they are only thinking about their next fix. The police infrequently patrol the neighborhoods, so unless some good samaratans come to your aid, you are screwed...

Just sayin :)

• Like 1

Not making excuses for the thieves; however, many are yaba addicts and they are only thinking about their next fix. The police infrequently patrol the neighborhoods, so unless some good samaratans come to your aid, you are screwed...

Just sayin smile.png

Agreed. If I may, however, add my thoughts; there are also a lot of Thai men and women who owe money to debtors over small loans and gambling losses. I submit that one motivating factor to robbing is weighing the differences between a short stint in jail (over getting caught stealing and pleading a sad story) and a short stint with some Thai thug collectors (over getting caught and not being able to cough up the payment and not being able to plead a sad story, and getting maimed or dead real quick-like).

To support this view, I consider a lot of the crimes posted in this forum the result of deals gone bad. "Deals gone bad" means Thais not paying back their loans or credits given to them by other Thais who aren't as nice about these things as are the police. Take the noodle stand lady, for instance, who got the crap beat out of her because she couldn't pay back the Thai loan shark she borrowed money from to purchase lottery tickets.

We always hear about mommy and daddy sending their daughters out to whore for money. Maybe it isn't too far-fetched to suggest that mommy and daddy send out their sons to steal to cover the payment. It usually seems to be teenage boys doing this and their stories seem to cover this angle; "I stole it because my parents don't have enough money" etc. Maybe there is indeed some truth to this story.

Police justice is a lot easier to face than Mob justice.

The amazing thing is that these idiots who borrow money from the mafia know how rough these people are, but they go ahead and do it anyway. This strongly points out their utter stupidity and addiction to vice. This also happens to be a viral way of thinking among the lower class Thais, and it spreads to their children, and so on; take the easy way out... don't pay back whom you owe... hope for the best without ever preparing for the worst.

Idiots.

That is what I suspect, anyhow.

Edited by cup-O-coffee