is it possible to get windows tint less than 40%

Hi guys as above really,, the reason I ask is I am out of the country working but the wife is trying to get the trucks windows tinted at 20 or 30% on the windscreen and driver and passenger windows but whoever she has asked has told her they only go as low as 40% in Thailand which sounds like crap to me. If anyone confirm or deny this that would be good, if it is possible can anybody recommend a good fitter in Jomtien/South Pattaya many thanks....

I think 40% is the lowest factor available, I think anything lower than that would make no sense anyway.

I would suggest not to tint the windscreen other than a sunvisor. If you take a green or reflective color 40% is pretty clear from the inside, brown makes it more dark at night.

I have a friend who tinted his front windscreen. Man, it's dark at night. A bit much for me.

When I had mine done by the Honda dealer, he said it was illegal to go over a certain percentage. I wanted darker, but he talked me out of it. I'm quite happy with what I've got. Especially as I have issues with night vision anyway!

I have a friend who tinted his front windscreen. Man, it's dark at night. A bit much for me.

When I had mine done by the Honda dealer, he said it was illegal to go over a certain percentage. I wanted darker, but he talked me out of it. I'm quite happy with what I've got. Especially as I have issues with night vision anyway!

Same for me Craig, the last pickup was tinted 60/40% not so much of a problem with the front windscreen but I would sometimes have to wind the side windows down at night when pulling into traffic as it did not feel safe, my vision is good and I don't wear glasses or have problems with my eyes so there must be a lot of other people out there with the same issues, hard to believe 40% is the minimum available as most cars in the rest of the world just have standard slightly smoked glass and no tint, unfortunately the glass on the new pickup is crystal clear

Look for a 3M dealer and ask for Crystaline. I have it fitted on my car. It blocks up to 97% infrared, up to 60% heat entering the car plus allows around 90% of the natural light in.

• Like 2

I got 60 % on the sides, 40 % on the windshield. It still lets a lot of heat into the car, but I certainly would not advise going anywhere beyond 60 % on the sides: on dark unlit roads at night, it is very difficult to spot traffic in your mirrors (or anything at all) due to the darkness.

The legal percentage in Thailand is 40 %, but the law is hardly enforced at all.

• Like 1

Yes, you get get grades all the way down to single digits - but unlikely you'll find them in-stock anywhere, it'd need to be a special order by someone willing to do it.

Standard grades commonly stocked in TH are 40% and 60%.

Yes, you get get grades all the way down to single digits - but unlikely you'll find them in-stock anywhere, it'd need to be a special order by someone willing to do it.

Cheers IMHO don't suppose you have any suggestions of who might do that??

Cheers IMHO don't suppose you have any suggestions of who might do that??

I'm afraid I've no leads in the Chonburi/Rayong area - your best bet will be to ring around..

The challenge is, if they don't have the grade(s) you want in-stock they'll have to be prepared to order a full pack of the stuff and have the confidence they'll be able to sell the rest of it.

• Like 1

Cheers JB looks like they were telling the truth after all!

I will wait till I get home and see what the score is but I am tempted to leave the front and sides clear

When I bought my truck from a BKK dealer I was looking at 3M but ended up choosing Hi Kool or V Cool 15% on the front/sides so it is definitely available.

You may have to trawl the installers on Suk but I reckon someone will have it.

Cheers topt I will have a trawl of Suk!!

There are many shops on Sukhumvit road that deal in film for vehicles.

Think there's a hi kool shop just past Lotus on the left side going towards Rayong.Lotus at top of Threpprasit road junction.

Also this website might be handy for you and your wife to look at,not all in English but your wife could see in thai that there are many different percents available.

http://www.hikoolfilm.com/?page_id=490〈=en

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Cheers topt I will have a trawl of Suk!!

There are many shops on Sukhumvit road that deal in film for vehicles.

Think there's a hi kool shop just past Lotus on the left side going towards Rayong.Lotus at top of Threpprasit road junction.

Also this website might be handy for you and your wife to look at,not all in English but your wife could see in thai that there are many different percents available.

http://www.hikoolfilm.com/?page_id=490〈=en

Hello,

Is HiCool a good brand ? Compared to 3M ?

Thank you.