One more direct international connection from CNX

WinnieTheKhwai

It doesn't fall into the category of an international flights but my eternal hope is that the airport at Hua Hin will be open to commercial flights, from CM, one day. Getting to our little hide away on the beach at Bangsaphan would be a lot easier biggrin.png Throw in CM to Krabi too !

Does anyone have a list of the current international flights out of Chiang Mai? Always good to know the connection points available to avoid Swampy in Bangkok.

I think that the Korean Air late night flight to Seoul with connections, also on Korean to over a dozen cities in North America is still the best for us from that hemisphere, but it still would be nice to have a list.

I tried a google search on departures from cnx but couldn't find a comprehensive list, just links to expected departures. The international flights leaving cnx that I'm aware of are as follows:

TransAsia - Taipei

Korean Air - Seoul

Lao Aviation (and perhaps Thai Airways) - Luang Prabang & Vientiane

Air Asia - Macau

? - Shanghai

? - Kunming

There used to be a Dragonair flight to Hong Kong and a Singapore Air flight to Singapore, but I'm not sure if these flights are still available or not.

Please feel free to add and make any corrections to this list of cnx international departures I've made. My assumption is that these flights also have arrivals into cnx.

Cheers.

Was on the Silk Air flight to Singapore last week - flies 5 times a week - by far the best way to get to Australia from Chiang Mai in my opinion (come on you Lions!) and Changi is about as stress free as it gets.

DragonAir to Hong Kong also still going and pretty sure there is an Air Bagan to Rangoon a couple of times a week.

maybe someone clever can post the schedules

This is an interesting development but I did a quick search on flights from Taipei to LAX and prices don't seem to look very good. Lowest I saw was $988 on China Air and I last went to LA via Seoul (one ticket) for about $1200 total. Adding the flight from CNX to Taipei and you're probably at that price at least. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place. Will still keep an eye on opportunities. Thanks.

I tried a google search on departures from cnx but couldn't find a comprehensive list, just links to expected departures. The international flights leaving cnx that I'm aware of are as follows:

TransAsia - Taipei

Korean Air - Seoul

Lao Aviation (and perhaps Thai Airways) - Luang Prabang & Vientiane

Air Asia - Macau

? - Shanghai

? - Kunming

There used to be a Dragonair flight to Hong Kong and a Singapore Air flight to Singapore, but I'm not sure if these flights are still available or not.

Please feel free to add and make any corrections to this list of cnx international departures I've made. My assumption is that these flights also have arrivals into cnx.

Cheers.

Chiang Mai to K L on everyones favourite airline, Air Asia. [snigger, snigger]

The OP says a new flight to Taiwan.

I took it to mean there was already a flight there and this is a new one. As I have always flown Eva this would be a very interesting addition to what is available.

Not going for a while but am currently looking at Korean air.

Dragonair has 5 x weekly flights to/from Hong Kong on Wed/Thu/Sat/Sun/Mon,flight time around 2hrs 20mins.great connections out of Hkg as arrival times into Hkg at 2215, so make all the USA/Europe/Aust evening connections.All economy but new A320's,however no IFE so take your own entertainment.Rumour has it that A330 with Biz class may appear and Hong Kong Airlines also rumoured to come on the route with a daily redeye special in Sept this year.

Have fun.

I take it then no one knows of this new flight from Chiang Mai to Taiwan that was mentioned in the OP.

As far as I can see from this thread only TransAsia makes the flight.

Do you save money by flying to KL or Singapore and then transfer to Eva air or China air or is it cheaper to just go to Bangkok and transfer there?

Few years ago I contacted Thai (was Gold Card member then) and mentioned/suggested the possibility of a stopover in Chiang Mai from Bangkok to say London/EU maybe just once a week /fortnight and supprise-supprise even got a response say krup etc and ....they would think about it.

As the years roll on ...apppears they are still "thinking" ..MKj

Also..just for info....landed in C Rai shortly after the new International Airport opened (@-1992-2)and noticed a Lufthansa plane on tarmac and when I asked it seemed that they were trying for direct flights from Frankfurt to C Rai.(would have thought CM ..however)

Obviously didn't last.

Few years ago I contacted Thai (was Gold Card member then) and mentioned/suggested the possibility of a stopover in Chiang Mai from Bangkok to say London/EU maybe just once a week /fortnight and supprise-supprise even got a response say krup etc and ....they would think about it.

As the years roll on ...apppears they are still "thinking" ..MKj

It wouldn't be economically feasible - it would cost a fortune in fuel, and they'd also lose out on the CNX-BKK fares.

• Like 1

What is generally the cheapest international flight (roundtrip) from CM? Each 3 months I need to re-enter the country, so I am just looking for a cheap direct-flight option. In the past I did the visa run with mini van, but as they often drive into the opposite lane on occasions where they cannot possibly know if they will be facing oncoming traffic or not, I find it too risky. That kind of driving is simply too stupid for me to accept.

The cheapest price for CM KL roundtrip that I have come across, is around 4.700. But it is hard to find, usually it is more like 7-8.000 baht. I assume there must be cheaper options for other destinations?

used to be that China Air;s little sister airline 'Mandarin Air' flew that route 2 times a week. If you had a creative agent, she could get you a layover with free hotel and meals in Taipei on the way to US or Hawaii on China Air. Really helped with the jetlag.

Did they stop flying that route?? Used to be full if Taiwanese golfers and arrived at a decent time.