CTH in isaan

hellyes2oo2

Or even in Ubonratchathani it will be of interest to a lot of people I think

Yep; after 15 years of UBC/True it looks like it's time to say goodbye.

Does anyone in Ubon know if the CTH installation is an addition to the True system or a totally different set-up.

I'm in the USA at the moment and can't quite understand my wife's slant on the situation; there's only one thing I AM sure about .. no EPL, no True simple as that

Or even in Ubonratchathani it will be of interest to a lot of people I think

Or Bang Saray near Pattaya? I have served notice on True & my dish comes down on June 30th. As yet I've nothing to replace it with? What can I do?

The CTH platform is offered throughout Thailand by local cable operators, here in Khon Kaen I have seen adverts on KTV offering the CTH set-top box with 140 channels including 6 Premier League channels. I would suggest contacting your local cable provider to see if they have signed up with CTH.

There is supposed to be a satellite box also available for people who do not have access to cable but I have not seen any "concrete" information regarding this. CTH have a website ,it is only in Thai but there are contact details on it. Maybe worth giving them a call.

A change might not be needed. Just read where MCOT channel 9 has made a deal with CTH for showing premiere league games.

Looked at info on CTH website. To me a change from True satellite to them would not be good. They don't have near as many premium channels and no CNN or BBC. I will just keep paying 1568.12 a month for what I have now.

I think MCOT Channel 9 has only got a few games per year (17?) in a similar deal to channel 3 last season. If you want to see regular EPL football you are going to need to get a CTH box or maybe go to your local bar.

The CTH platform is offered throughout Thailand by local cable operators, here in Khon Kaen I have seen adverts on KTV offering the CTH set-top box with 140 channels including 6 Premier League channels. I would suggest contacting your local cable provider to see if they have signed up with CTH.

There is supposed to be a satellite box also available for people who do not have access to cable but I have not seen any "concrete" information regarding this. CTH have a website ,it is only in Thai but there are contact details on it. Maybe worth giving them a call.

Did find some channels on 'Vinsat' from Vietnam, believe have some on 'ABS1' [not looked]

If you have a move diish, can easy search what is on

Re satellite, there hasn't been much EPL football on FTA satellite channels for years now, and if there is any this year please post details. The nearest I found last year was Pakistan Sports (which is BISS for those who know what I mean). I suppose for people in remote areas where cable is not available, buying a 'grey' market card or proprietary receiver for a satellite provider from a neighbouring country is a way to keep the football.

Well it would seem to me that CTH are as useless as True Visions. I have just called their Bangkok Office. It said for english please press9, I did so , listened to recorded music for a few minutes, and then lo and behold recieved a recorded message in THAI. Oh well TIT.

feat_5991.jpg

Family_Entertainment_Cable1.jpg

Family_Entertainment_Sat1.jpg

Price *. * Details. 899 baht / month. Monthly payments per month
to pay for the one month contract and pay the first month membership and 50% of the normal setting 999 the monthly normal. Average 748 baht / month. 10 months to 12 months to pay.
paid the full amount just once. 50% of the cost of installation and the installation of 999 regular customers can relax with 0% up to 10 month to the credit card bank. Besieged by the credit card networks. (Ayudhya and credit card. Central Card card. Simple Card Visa Card. Tesco Visa card) KTC credit card and besieged by First Choice.

Average 673 baht / month. Pay 18 months to 24 months.
paid the full amount just one installation and free first point. Customers can relax with 0% up to 10 month to the credit card bank. Besieged by the credit card networks (Ayudhya and credit card. Central Card card. Simple Card Visa Card. Tesco Visa card). KTC credit card or installment with 0% interest for 18 months through KRUNGSRI First Choice.

Average 599 baht / month. 24 months to 36 months to pay.
paid the full amount just one installation and free first point. s customers can relax with 0% up to 10 month to the credit card bank. Besieged by the credit card networks. (Ayudhya and credit card. Central Card card. Simple Card Visa Card. Tesco Visa card) or KTC credit card payment. paying 0% interest for 24 month card besieged First Choice.

http://www.cth.co.th/package-599/

Does anybody know if they have an office in Korat City. I'm looking for satellite service as I live outside the city about 80 km. Emailing them has been useless with no reply.

Asked yesterday in two shops in khonkaen and both said up here boxes and dishes will be available mid july, really want sooner, but as long as before football season starts i will be happy.

Does anybody know if they have an office in Korat City. I'm looking for satellite service as I live outside the city about 80 km. Emailing them has been useless with no reply.

Just ask around town at some of the shops that sell and install dishes.

I am sure you will find one that can do CTH.

I was a bit puzzled by the wording of the payment system so I got my wife to translate for me from the Thai website.

If you want the 600 baht option then you pay the full price of 899 baht up front for two years (21576 baht) and you then get three years viewing which gives you the average of 599 baht per month.

Also it is free instalation for the first tv point in the house. However if you want more points then you can have a further two points but this will cost a further 300 baht per month.

Hope this is helpful to you all.

HL biggrin.png

Just a point of interest, on the 17th August there are ten games all starting at 3pm but CTH only show six premier league channels....I wonder if they will commandeer four other channels the same as UBC used to.

HL biggrin.png

As yet they have not announced Sunday matches and Monday night, so it will likely go down to 6 matches on the 17th.

Not that it will make much difference over here, CTH are VERY unlikely to be ready by then.

There is still al ot of paperwork to be signed. The main satellite has yet been given permission to be used let alone installed.

Come back UBC all is forgiven.

Just a point of interest, on the 17th August there are ten games all starting at 3pm but CTH only show six premier league channels....I wonder if they will commandeer four other channels the same as UBC used to.

HL biggrin.png

As yet they have not announced Sunday matches and Monday night, so it will likely go down to 6 matches on the 17th.

Not that it will make much difference over here, CTH are VERY unlikely to be ready by then.

There is still al ot of paperwork to be signed. The main satellite has yet been given permission to be used let alone installed.

Come back UBC all is forgiven.

Aahh right, never noticed that there were no Sunday games.

I am holding back at the moment from ordering the cable just to see what happens but i do hope they dont run out of set top boxes or something when the time comes.

HL biggrin.png

Finally managed to get through to CTH in Bangkok yesterday, and it is chaos. I had to let my wife speak to them because nobody spoke english. She asked about the 115 channel package, but nobody seemed to know anything about it, the only knew about the 142 channel package. She asked if there were any agents in Surin, Sisaket or even Ubon, but was told CTH will not be using any agents and you had to order direct from Bangkok, and they would send out a team to fit the satellite. So she asked about the cost, she was told it would be ABOUT 4,000 baht for dish and set top box, they didn't know if fitting was extra. Finally we were then told that they couldn't take any orders, as they would not be starting selling the dishes until August 31st, thats 2 weeks after the season starts, and they couldn't tell her how long she would have to wait to get a dish fitted.

Finally managed to get through to CTH in Bangkok yesterday, and it is chaos. I had to let my wife speak to them because nobody spoke english. She asked about the 115 channel package, but nobody seemed to know anything about it, the only knew about the 142 channel package. She asked if there were any agents in Surin, Sisaket or even Ubon, but was told CTH will not be using any agents and you had to order direct from Bangkok, and they would send out a team to fit the satellite. So she asked about the cost, she was told it would be ABOUT 4,000 baht for dish and set top box, they didn't know if fitting was extra. Finally we were then told that they couldn't take any orders, as they would not be starting selling the dishes until August 31st, thats 2 weeks after the season starts, and they couldn't tell her how long she would have to wait to get a dish fitted.

In Surin Contact..

Okay! I have bitten on the bullet and put my name on the list for CTH, customer No.7 to be exact. Installation is due end of July/beginning August for their satellite system. Where we live is considered out of town and the cable does not reach that far. Its a new shop and still in the process of setting up. It seems to be a husband and wife team and they were very pleasant and informative. Their advertising literature is slightly different to what is on the internet but, as they say, this is Thailand.

The shop is located in a new building, orange in colour, with banners advertising the EPL outside the shop. Coming from Prasat going into town, hangar left at the elephant roundabout and head past the Water Company Offices, the Water Tower and the Land Registry Office. Once past the Land Registry Office turn left and the shop is about 200 meters down that street on the left hand side. Their telephone number is 044-518467-8.

I live about 25 km outside Udon Thani, so well outside the reach of cable, from the very start I was concerned about the chances of getting the set up in time for the EPL start.

Yesterday I rang their Bangkok call center.

After about 5 minutes I got to talk to an English speaker and explained I wanted installation and the full package with a 12 month promo.

After finally managing to break her continual loop of costs and make it clear I just wanted to know WHEN this could be done I was told to call back in 15 days.

A friend visited the Pattaya shop and was told, in secret, by a technician that he doubts the satellite option will be ready till mid September.

Thailand is one of the biggest markets for EPL, major companies invest huge amounts in advertising. CTH seem to be a complete joke without any idea of what they are doing.

6 weeks till the big kick off, it's just not going to happen.

Has anyone seen anything resembling an official outlet or supplier in Udon Thani?