Aussie Dollar dives to lowest level in years.

The falling exchange rates are a good reason for regular Thailand visitors to open a Thai bank account so that when the dollar is high, you can fill up your holiday account.

That way, fluctuations in the exchange rate hardly rate a mention.

genius!

I think there is more to come yet.

$A sinks to 92 US cents as Wall St tumbles

The Australian dollar is continuing to sink, opening a shade above 92 US cents for the first time since early September 2010 as global equities plummet.

At 0630 AEST on Friday, the local unit was trading at 92.05 US cents, down from 92.29 cents on Thursday.

The domestic currency fell as US stocks plunged in the wake of the US Federal Reserve signalling it could start cutting back its stimulus measures before the end of the year.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbled 2.34 per cent while the broad-based S&P 500 lost 2.50 per cent, following heavy drops on Asian and European share markets.

US Fed chairman Ben Bernanke sparked the sell-off with suggestions the US central bank could wind up its $US85 billion-a-month stimulus program by mid-2014.

The Australian dollar took another hit from an HSBC report showing a worsening slowdown in Chinese manufacturing.

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/sinks-92-us-cents-wall-204512167.html

Edited by OZEMADE

The falling exchange rates are a good reason for regular Thailand visitors to open a Thai bank account so that when the dollar is high, you can fill up your holiday account.

genius!
I'm afraid it is a sad case of pearls thrown amongst the swine

Just out a wee bit of curiosity ... what does the AUD/USD exchange rate have to do with Thailand? Good for Australian manufacturers and all that ... but the connection to Thailand?

EDIT:-

Or, to put a different spin on it ... how does the AUD/USD exchange rate affect you in Thailand?

Edited by David48

Just out a wee bit of curiosity ... what does the AUD/USD exchange rate have to do with Thailand? Good for Australian manufacturers and all that ... but the connection to Thailand?

EDIT:-

Or, to put a different spin on it ... how does the AUD/USD exchange rate affect you in Thailand?

A hell of a lot and the purpose of the link was for you and others to check your currency against the Baht.

I will put it in again for you.http://au.finance.yahoo.com/currencies/converter/#from=AUD;to=USD;amt=1

genius!
I'm afraid it is a sad case of pearls thrown amongst the swine

One simply times the FX market to ones advantage. No problem whatsoever. blink.png

I get paid in Aussie dollars at the moment and i live in Thailand so i will be watching this closely.

So, how does the American to Australian Dollar exchange rate affect you?

Some of us operate in more than 2 currencies so outside the immediate pair offering necessary for spending money, there are choice that can be made and $USD rates are often the first port of call.

I get paid in Aussie dollars at the moment and i live in Thailand so i will be watching this closely.

"traditionally" a USD strengthening has a bigger negative impact on AUD than on THB. but don't ask me why! ermm.gif

"traditionally" a USD strengthening has a bigger negative impact on AUD than on THB. but don't ask me why! ermm.gif

I won't ask you why but it is probably because the greenback is the worlds reserve currency............for now. whistling.gif

I can remember coming to LOS when one Aussie dollar got the high rate of 17 baht, so the current exchange rate is still good.

I posted a few weeks back when the A$ was at about 1A$ = 1.04US$ that the A$ would go down to at least .85 US$. This is the comfortable rate for theA$. It may go down further but Australia needs the A$ to go down for it to have a chance with exports and to slow imports. Hoowever years back the A$ was at pariyty and I thought it was overvalued and should have been at .85US$ and the dollar crashed to .63US$ so what do I know except it taight me that the A$ can drop very fast and far when it does start to go down.

What may be just as important is what happens to the Bht.

Edited by Mousehound
  • Like 1

Yes indeed, why do all currencies plummet except the Baht on American speculative activity? And what is with the credentials of a bernanke and his wall street hos that, knowing they have the world's reserve currency, can spout off indiscriminately at the mouth when it suits them.

Time for the US dollar to be put in the trash bin; try the Swiss Franc as the spearhead of a currency consortium to finally put this financial travesty right.

Yes indeed, why do all currencies plummet except the Baht on American speculative activity? And what is with the credentials of a bernanke and his wall street hos that, knowing they have the world's reserve currency, can spout off indiscriminately at the mouth when it suits them.

Time for the US dollar to be put in the trash bin; try the Swiss Franc as the spearhead of a currency consortium to finally put this financial travesty right.

Firstly, Bernanke does not spout off indiscriminately. Secondly you are probably a little bit behind the times re SFR. It has been firmly yoked to the Euro, so are you wanting a switch from USD to EUR?

Firstly, Bernanke does not spout off indiscriminately. Secondly you are probably a little bit behind the times re SFR. It has been firmly yoked to the Euro, so are you wanting a switch from USD to EUR?

the yoke is not exactly firmly as the

fluctuations of the last 6 months show:

post-35218-0-20124900-1372119015_thumb.j

I think because it is considered more "speculative".