Thida urges Redshirts not to underestimate 'White Masks'

webfact

Good to see Tida is following the party line. White masks and communists are yellowshirts from the yellow universe.

Assoc Prof. Tida further remarked that “these Guy Fawkes Masks and protestors wearing communist uniform are a big joke, not only here in Thailand but throughout the world. There are just new symbols created by the Ammart to attract the mass but it is obvious that these people are the same people who used to be wearing a different color shirt but nonetheless, the Red Shirts cannot let their guards down.” and “We can make fun of their strategy but we cannot neglect their tactics.” said Mrs Tida.

http://thairedshirts.org/2013/06/20/udd-press-conference-on-19th-june-2013/

Edited by waza

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the only thing I agree with what Thida said is in regards to the "same old faces" behind the masks, which is, or should be, pretty obvious to just about everyone. And my thoughts about "them" are about the same in some regards as my thoughts on the UDD/RS faction. They also want democracy, but only "their way". Actually, in some ways their version of democracy is more frightening.

1) Many of them propose a return to an Absolute Monarchy, and have clearly said so. Just this past week they were "demanding" that the PM should be "appointed" by HM, not elected by Parliament or the people.

2) Their ideas for Parliament is that 70% would be "appointed", and only 30% would be elected.

3) No one without at least a BA or BS degree would be allowed to vote. Everyone else, in their opinion, is either to stupid or lacking the necessary educational requirements to vote.

I may not like the Red version of "democracy", but like the White Mask/PAD/Multicolor even less.

In any political spectrum there is always a far right and and a far left, both holding equally radical ideals. Luckily, the numbers involved on both groups are usually small. Even in the PAD, those holding extremist views are but a small percentage.

Alleging that all those in a group hold the views of extremists is fallacious. It would be just as wrong to claim that all red shirts hold the communist ideals of Thida and Weng.

It depends which view holds the real power right now. I heard some shocking right wing crap last week in Bangkok.

About the only thing I agree with what Thida said is in regards to the "same old faces" behind the masks, which is, or should be, pretty obvious to just about everyone. And my thoughts about "them" are about the same in some regards as my thoughts on the UDD/RS faction. They also want democracy, but only "their way". Actually, in some ways their version of democracy is more frightening.

1) Many of them propose a return to an Absolute Monarchy, and have clearly said so. Just this past week they were "demanding" that the PM should be "appointed" by HM, not elected by Parliament or the people.

2) Their ideas for Parliament is that 70% would be "appointed", and only 30% would be elected.

3) No one without at least a BA or BS degree would be allowed to vote. Everyone else, in their opinion, is either to stupid or lacking the necessary educational requirements to vote.

I may not like the Red version of "democracy", but like the White Mask/PAD/Multicolor even less.

In any political spectrum there is always a far right and and a far left, both holding equally radical ideals. Luckily, the numbers involved on both groups are usually small. Even in the PAD, those holding extremist views are but a small percentage.

Alleging that all those in a group hold the views of extremists is fallacious. It would be just as wrong to claim that all red shirts hold the communist ideals of Thida and Weng.

It depends which view holds the real power right now. I heard some shocking right wing crap last week in Bangkok.

I do hear and read some shocking left wing crap regularly. Mind you, I wouldn't write 'real power' in the same post to avoid making any suggestion I couldn't substantiate or prove. wai.gif

Edited by rubl

I do hear and read some shocking left wing crap regularly. Mind you, I wouldn't write 'real power' in the same post to avoid making any suggestion I couldn't substantiate or prove. wai.gif

When someone says that they heard some shocking right-wing crap last week I would ask whether it was someone repeating Thaksin's reactionary position on gays.