Best place to buy lawn in Chiang Mai

telstrareg

Are there some shops that sell grasses in Kamtien or is there another place?

If anyone has any feedback about grasses they have planted in the past and either had good or bad experience with I would appreciate. Ideally I would like something that doesn't need cutting every few weeks and also resistant to being walked on a bit.

I just bought as a load from a shop on the west side of Lotus kamthieng. Its opposite a big aquarium place between the plant market and highway.

They normally have what they call malay, Japanese and noomnuan ??

malay doesn't need as much sun.

They also have some grass seed

Exit the back door of Tesco/Lotus ,into Kamthieng ,and take the first right turn .The second shop up on the right sells good grass at B25 per sq meter .They have two types of grass that i know of , one a fine type of European type grass ,and another a broad leafed slow growing grass ,that spreads out side ways .

I also bought bags of soil and Coconut fiber to make a good level rich base .Then its important to water your grass at least twice a day for the first 3 weeks .

Mine has now turned very lush after 3 to 4 weeks .

• Like 1

A couple of years ago I bought the fine blade grass similar to that which I was accustomed to back in Minnesota. Twice I resodded; it just wouldn't tolerate the mostly-clay soil, nor any shade whatsoever.

Now I have the broad-leaf variety, and I'm very pleased with its heartiness and tolerance during a dry spell now and again. Regular watering every couple days, though, keeps it looking best. For that well-groomed look, mowing is a weekly labor of love. Well-groomed lawn, that is.

I just laid 500 sm of the finer bladed grass I paid 25 baht per meter delivered ... Lots of water first three weeks some patches of brown but seems to be doing pretty well .... There are a couple of places on the road to Night Safari that will deliver and also lay it for you ....

Exit the back door of Tesco/Lotus ,into Kamthieng ,and take the first right turn .The second shop up on the right sells good grass at B25 per sq meter .They have two types of grass that i know of , one a fine type of European type grass ,and another a broad leafed slow growing grass ,that spreads out side ways .

I also bought bags of soil and Coconut fiber to make a good level rich base .Then its important to water your grass at least twice a day for the first 3 weeks .

Mine has now turned very lush after 3 to 4 weeks .

Yes, we bought some lawn there and it is excellent!!