Airlines seek payment for Thai MPs cancelling bookings

webfact

Rip off Thailand.

I hope what the MP's ask prevails. If one MP can not go on the booked flight, but another MP can, why not? Then extend that right to all passengers on all flights around the world. It is not Thailand ripping off anyone in this instance, it is the airlines that have been ripping off the passenger for years. We are paying for the seat and it does not matter what the name of the passenger is that sits in it. Until they go to someone extra expense such as supplying a gold plated name plate on my seat, it is just a seat. If it the seat flies empty is totally different, but this is not the case here.

I can think of any number of reasons airlines (and security organisations) may want to know who is flying. But I doubt that is the problem here. More likely MPs are making multiple bookings for the same trip (on different flights) for their own convenience. Who cares, it's free, right - at least for the MP.

Shouldn't the MP's be paying for their tickets and expense them ?

In this manner the Tax payer still pays for the ticket, but they are less frivolous with their re-bookings and chaining of flights.

I have to do the same with work and sometimes I'm holding 4 or 5 different tickets which eventually get refunded or used up...

Rip off Thailand.

I hope what the MP's ask prevails. If one MP can not go on the booked flight, but another MP can, why not? Then extend that right to all passengers on all flights around the world. It is not Thailand ripping off anyone in this instance, it is the airlines that have been ripping off the passenger for years. We are paying for the seat and it does not matter what the name of the passenger is that sits in it. Until they go to someone extra expense such as supplying a gold plated name plate on my seat, it is just a seat. If it the seat flies empty is totally different, but this is not the case here.

If you don't agree with the terms and regulations then don't fly with them - it is not a rip-off if people have a choice.

You want the convenience of changing your flights then fly a full-service airline

Rip off Thailand.

sorry might listen if you had a clue about aviation..
  • Like 2

More nonsense from an official who opens his mouth without bothering to think first.

If names are not required will proof of identity will be dropped too ? Have PTP forgotten it was them in the guise of TRT that insisted on I/D after the bomb that never was on a flight Thaksin was due to take. He was screaming " assassination plot " until Boeing proved it was the fault of an engineer who had failed to follow the relevant maintenance handbook.

THINK? cheesy.gif

Huh?

Where would a signature be on a reservation?

They are issuing tickets before they pay for them? Can I get my travel agent or online reservations to do that?

Might make them stick to their schedule a bit better and stop treating Thai airways like a taxi service.

Thai Airways? Please note that the OP only mentions "Low-cost carriers" wink.png

Thai Smile-low cost, unsmiling.

I thought promotion-low cost tickets in general are not able to change a booking--date-name change. if you do not turn up you lose the money. and why are they NOT pre paid. make them pay like everyone before flight / when booking.

FARCE.

Perhaps they should publish a list of the MPs with the highest travel expenses, both for the fares they used and those not used but paid for. Doing so can be very effective in getting them to revise bad habits.

No prize for guessing which MP would be at the top of the list, though the cost of travel might raise a few eyebrows.

Come on there then they would sue the airline for defamation
Normally it is the government that would publish such information in the name of transparency and good governance. After all, why shouldn't the expenses MPs charge to the public purse be a matter of public record.

Please tell me!!

I can't hold back on the excitement, does this persons first initial begin with..........a Y???

But...

It was quoted a while back that the person with the title of PM, only ever uses chartered flights. There was comparison between that and her predecessor who only used Business Class on scheduled flights. Reference was also made to the substantial cost difference!

• 2 weeks later...