Issues with a dodgy thai lawyer

jaidee88

There is a risk management organization who do law, intelligence, protection, mediation and I also believe emergency help and legal defense in Bangkok to former or current (or children of) government employees, armed forces personnel, education or medical professionals for citizens of UK, USA, Canada, Australia & New Zealand. Their details are with the UK, US consular.

Edited by VisaProblem

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get this straight what has he cost you ?. you have made a big fuss about loosing something that has taken you 1000's of hrs but has he actually stolen something physical ? you done the hours regardless, you have gained by that work in knowledge and experience anyway.

I Cant help but feel this post is a tamtrum when I read it I picture some one I know very well who sorry to say is a complette idiot and only ever thinks of his loss or gain and never the bigger picture which ends up making problems for everyone he tries to do business with. He makes such a fuss about everything that he make enimies everywhere he goes. maybe this is such a case or maybe you are him...

it not and he hasnt got anything of yours physically just walk away and put it behind you , he wont have any reason to sully your name and you wont have any more head ache... simple....... if he has got your motobike or a piece of your jewelery go to the police <deleted>

Maybe i should demand a fee everytime i part with infomation and advise to others, that I have learned over the 1000's of weeks I've been alive.. infact i think this pearl of wisdom must be worth at least $38's I'll forward my account number

If I'm wrong I apologize I read a little more after posting the above comments which were based on my initial feeling from the way you wrote the 1st post. I've been srewed here big time and know how it feels if you have lost millions. 7 million I personally lost and that was a british developer.. nothing doing though legal action could end up costing you more and gain nothing... your post did so much remaind me of someone here in Phuket who is a grade A <deleted>.

There is a risk management organization who do law, intelligence, protection, mediation and I also believe emergency help and legal defense in Bangkok to former or current (or children of) government employees, armed forces personnel, education or medical professionals for citizens of UK, USA, Canada, Australia & New Zealand. Their details are with the UK, US consular.

Hi, could you please provide more details for this company ? Do you mean it has two types of service - one corporate and one for emergencies ? Is the emergency help for US, UK Oz etc establishment employees and families only ? Would be very interested.

Thanks, J. Merrin.

Edited by jmerrin

Go to your embassy and tell them the story and you want the situation mitigated.

They will point you in the right direction, they will refer you to their commercial issues dept.

So long as your entire business arrangement was legit, you have nothing to lose...

You say this guy has been filing bogus expenses and basically false accounting all through your relationship?... He has things to worry about I would say.

Give this guy the feeling of things closing in on him. Backed up by an embassy... He won't have connections there, and he won't have any connections with any organization overseeing the case on your defense. This could also pave the way for you to reclaim tax he demanded that you pay falsely... You never know.,

Go to your embassy.... You won't get any better advice on here than that.

In the meantime... relocate, and make sure he or none of your friends know where you are operating from during this case. You may be in danger if this guy becomes cornered. Forget these friends, it seems they have sided with this guy.... So they won't be missed. You can make new friends.... we all go through life making new friends all the time.

Is there any other type of Thai Lawyer, other than a dodgy one?

At least if you got had over by a bar girl, you would of had a good shag out of it, the mother in law would have a new outside toilet, and the Buffalo would be fit and healthy.

On a more serious note, so far you have just lost money and non loyal friends, I'd get away while you still can, balconies can be awfully dangerous places.

Hi, could you please provide more details for this company ? Do you mean it has two types of service - one corporate and one for emergencies ? Is the emergency help for US, UK Oz etc establishment employees and families only ? Would be very interested.

Thanks, J. Merrin.

I am not exactly sure. I heard from a reliable and respectable individual that this firm is here, but they would not say. The consular section may make it available once you are in trouble if you fit the firm's criteria.

The emergency service parts include solid legal help with Thai bilingual lawyers, and Foreign Thai speaking and reading paralegals, supplemental food, drink, fresh clothes in jail. Improved phone access, family liaison and money transfer from UK or US accounts couriered to any part of bkk for police bail, lawyers, hospitals etc within an hour.

Not sure about the corporate services but the original poster could do with professional mediation.

Edited by VisaProblem

As someone who has succesfully sued 27 lawyers ( not in Thailand where life is a red note now and other half when done) My strong advice is move on,put it down to experience and get on with your life preferably in a new jurisdiction.

I know this not what you want to hear I know of various flangs in endless cases in C mai and C Rai and most wished they had never started.

Even in fair systems with no corruption like Finland justice is slow here its rationed to inner circle and you'll never be it.

Thanks, J. Merrin.

I am not exactly sure. I heard from a reliable and respectable individual that this firm is here, but they would not say. The consular section may make it available once you are in trouble if you fit the firm's criteria.

The emergency service parts include solid legal help with Thai bilingual lawyers, and Foreign Thai speaking and reading paralegals, supplemental food, drink, fresh clothes in jail. Improved phone access, family liaison and money transfer from UK or US accounts couriered to any part of bkk for police bail, lawyers, hospitals etc within an hour.

Not sure about the corporate services but the original poster could do with professional mediation.

Fit the criteria? The lists are available online!

"Fit the criteria? The lists are available online!"

Hi, lists of what? ? Do you mean ten-a-penny law firms from the consulate website ?

This is what the was being refered to in the thread: a "risk management organization who do law, intelligence, protection, mediation and I also believe emergency help ... " that is certainly NOT on the UK embassy website.

So, where is it this firm ?

Thank you.

I am free of him already, but he has cost me too much and I am considering some sort of legal action.

I've said this before, but its worth saying again.

Some years ago I was sent by my then employer on a personal safety course in preparation for being posted to Nigeria.

The first rule we were taught was - Trust your instincts

Rule No 2 - You don't need any weapon other than your instincts - going armed with a weapon will undoubtedly lead you to believe you can go where your instincts are telling you should not go and you might very well be brining a weapon that you don't know how to use into a situation where it is taken off you and used against you.

Rule No 3 - If you once escape a dangerous situation - never go back, not for any reason.

I suggest the OP engages Rule No 1 because his plan to go after this dodgy lawyer using the law is breaking Rules No 2 and 3.

I am free of him already, but he has cost me too much and I am considering some sort of legal action.

I've said this before, but its worth saying again.

Some years ago I was sent by my then employer on a personal safety course in preparation for being posted to Nigeria.

The first rule we were taught was - Trust your instincts

Rule No 2 - You don't need any weapon other than your instincts - going armed with a weapon will undoubtedly lead you to believe you can go where your instincts are telling you should not go and you might very well be brining a weapon that you don't know how to use into a situation where it is taken off you and used against you.

Rule No 3 - If you once escape a dangerous situation - never go back, not for any reason.

I suggest the OP engages Rule No 1 because his plan to go after this dodgy lawyer using the law is breaking Rules No 2 and 3.

This is one of the most sensible things I've read in ages.

Hi,

".....& the fact that the law firm that he's looking for isn't on the embassy list surely speaks for itself."

Please read the posts you reply to. We are not talking about a law firm....

The firm in question is Risk Management Company that covers "law, intelligence, protection, mediation" . Also BY CRITERIA some emergency and legal services for "former or current (or children of) government employees, armed forces personnel, education or medical professionals for citizens of UK, USA, Canada, Australia & New Zealand."

THAT IS NOT A LAW FIRM SO IS NOT ON THE LAW FIRMS LISTS. DOES ANY ONE PLEASE KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS ? Thanks.

You aren't free of him until thinking of him brings you no stress.

Of course an internal mental adjustment may just bring you that happy result at lower cost to your peace of mind than prolonging a battle that not only may you not win but may bring additional "unintended consequences."

Better to let it go. Life is too short, peace of mind too important, much more so than the filthy lucre (unless you're actually poor.)

I suppose I am to believe that Thailand is not a real country with real laws, or a country where they hold lawyers accountable for misconduct as lawyers...

-

Yes of course that's accurate, did someone tell you different, and you bought into that fairytale?

Anybody off the street can qualify as a lawyer in a very short time here, I know bargirls that used to be lawyers and lawyers that used to be bargirls.

No such thing as being disbarred that I ever heard of.

Many (most?) are total shysters whose only real functions are bagman for and fellow conspirators with their corrupt public official buddies.

Finding a good one here is as or more difficult than finding a nice innocent sincere girl that is happy to be with a farang for his own sake, not interested in his money.

Graduating from university with a degree in law, and becoming a lawyer here are two different things.

i of course do not have a written employment agreement, because we were supposedly such good friends and didn't need one.

Good laywer / or partner in businesss you are.

you should be ashame of yourself to let this happen for so many years.

Working and Investing 120 million and no written employment agreement and no document to bring this amount off money in the country, thats ilegal to do so.

I hope you did not advice any client to do the same.

Advice: see if you can find any job with a international firm as PriceWaterhouseCoopers and in your free time start legal actions agains him if you have proper documentation and wasn't involved in any ilegal work or other activities.

For the future dont invest in doing things the wright way, invest in knowing the wright people.

Wich you all the best and my advice dont do anything stupid you will regrett it.

NFS

Edited by needforspeed