After 22years Big Bill says good-bye to Patong&Phuket

TheWizardofRnR

Well , as promised by me or suggested by one of you guys we have rented a place and so a giant debate or trashing of Phuket posting spree doesn't occur;

I will only say this until we settle in ,its not on Phuket and its outside of Bangkok.More as I learn of it.

Thanks to all the people of Phuket who made the past 22 years fun.

To all those lost brothers RIP and see you when I C U ,

Pun intended!

Hopefully , you'll all buy the Book when it's published ,I'll wait to see the movie !

Be Safe,BB

post-35854-0-32573200-1372151580_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like most of you guys have been here quiet a long time. I arrived in Phuket in April 2006 so even being here 7 years I'm more or less a newbie compared to most. After spending 4 great years in Phuket (Kata/Karon) we decided that cost of living was getting out of hand along with a slowly accelerating crime rate and we also wanted to buy some land and build a home and with the land prices in Phuket (for us) it was not possible. Have visited Pattaya didn't think as nice as Phuket. We jumped on our Phantom and started driving towards Bangkok checking out all the places in between. We found the Cha Am Hua Hin area the best for cost of living land prices Farang community and a very nice beach. We bought a small bit of land built (local man who built home did a fantastic job cheaply) our very nice 1650 sq ft 3 bdrm 2 bath home for 1 million baht. We settled in Tha Yang area 40K north of Cha Am 65K north of Hua Hin.

I would suggest to anyone seriously thinking of leaving Phuket but remaining in Thailand to spend a few days in Cha Am/Hua Hin area. Where ever you go, good luck

I've heard Hua Hin is booming. It has picked up many tourists, and expats, from Phuket. I have been there before, but not recently. I will visit again soon.

i lived there for almost 2 years and hated it. too hot and dry, too much traffic in town, nothing to do, miserable people, phuket is far nice IMHO but each to their own.

Why did you live there for 2 years if your hated the place?

Surely, the traffic can't be as bad as here.

I'm going to go back up there and check the place out again, maybe later this year.

• 2 weeks later...