Super car showroom

Valentine

The AC super car showroom on Chao Fa West did not last long. For some strange reason all the cars disappeared as soon as the adverse publicity about dodgy tax on super cars was exposed, once again. I guess I will have to look elsewwhere when i want to purchase after I win the cummulative prize in the lotto.

• Like 2

Korean owner. Think too much red tape and hoops to jump through, especially dealing with customs.

Also, 6 million baht for a Camaro is ridiculous. Thats high end Mercedes money.

With a Korean owner they did not stand a chance.

They are constructing the show room behind the previous one.

Thought that was already there by the time they opened (perhaps for assembling the cars. CKD super cars, guffaw). Don't tell me some local bylaw was enforced whereby the front showroom was too close to the road.

Edited by Valentine

They are constructing the show room behind the previous one.

Thought that was already there. Don't tell me some local bylaw was enforced whereby the front showroom was too close to the road.

I'm not sure. I'll keep an eye open.

Can't see Camaros as a big seller, especially at 6 million baht.

That yellow camaro was beautiful.

Early this morning I was actually behind it for a while, and first observations were how 1970's the styling was. The second observation was how poor the panel fit was, and certainly not up to European/Japanese standard.

The nail in the coffin for what is apparantly a 6 million baht car, was that it's actually left hand drive.........

The Asian driving it I though was trying to make himself look small and was suspiciously lower than the steering wheel, peering over the top.

Early this morning I was actually behind it for a while, and first observations were how 1970's the styling was. The second observation was how poor the panel fit was, and certainly not up to European/Japanese standard.

The nail in the coffin for what is apparantly a 6 million baht car, was that it's actually left hand drive.........

The Asian driving it I though was trying to make himself look small and was suspiciously lower than the steering wheel, peering over the top.

i also seen that one driving around, for sure the showroom making money..

Thailand... I would never buy a nice car here, too dangerous, and Driving is not a Pleasure, its Manic on the streets..

on my frequent trips up and down the highway to bkk i notice that most people who have Ferraris and Lambos stick them on the back of a trucks to send them down here, which makes perfect sense given that the potholes on the highway could swallow up a car whole

Did anyone take the Camaro for a test? It looked pretty old and dull but it's got to be new... Imagine sitting at the traffic lights at Central Festival in 35degree heat with no air-con...

The Camaro's asking price can easily fetch ฿6mill here. If retail price sits around $100,000 in the U.S for a rare limited edition version... Then add Insurance, Handling, Shipping, Import Duty, VAT. Of course he's going to need $200k out if it. He would look for nothing less than a 30% margin and price it knowing the customer will knock him down.

Simples.

I personally prefer a Bentley... Hahaa just show-rooming.

post-166392-0-89221500-1372723166_thumb.

Did anyone take the Camaro for a test? It looked pretty old and dull but it's got to be new... Imagine sitting at the traffic lights at Central Festival in 35degree heat with no air-con...

The Camaro's asking price can easily fetch ฿6mill here. If retail price sits around $100,000 in the U.S for a rare limited edition version... Then add Insurance, Handling, Shipping, Import Duty, VAT. Of course he's going to need $200k out if it. He would look for nothing less than a 30% margin and price it knowing the customer will knock him down.

Simples.

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif image.jpg

Overpriced VW. Depreciation is ridiculous and so is the costs to maintain it.

The Camaro is more attractive.

Edited by hansgruber

He lives in Patong

• Like 1

Simples.

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif image.jpg

Not 100K, but about 1/2 that for a fully loaded one, like the ZL1 Coupe at around 56K

2013_chevrolet_camaro_coupe_zl1_s_oem_1_

• Like 1

The Camaro's asking price can easily fetch ฿6mill here. If retail price sits around $100,000 in the U.S for a rare limited edition version...http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif image.jpg

Not 100K, but about 1/2 that for a fully loaded one, like the ZL1 Coupe at around 56K

2013_chevrolet_camaro_coupe_zl1_s_oem_1_

Chevy Camara COPO starts somewhere from $89k. Yes regular Camara's nearer $40k. I didn't check out the showroom on Chaofah West so have no idea about what he actually stocked. Poor guy may have even purchased a regular spec model thinking it was a limited spec.

Also, nothing wrong with German engineering. Bugatti don't seem to suffer from a VW engine :)

• Like 1