How Do I Find A Dog Catcher In Pattaya?

buzzer

How do I find a dog catcher in Pattaya? I need to get rid of these nuisance soi dogs in my neighborhood. Bad for business, bad for noise. They live under my car and when I use the A/C it smells like piss. I don't even like to use it thinking it may blow their contagion on me or one of my passengers. Bad dog!

A Thai man works for me (rather inefficienrtly) who says he knows a dog catcher, but he's been promising to have it done since October.

I don't want to see them harmed - I just don't want to see them. I like dogs when they're properly cared for, but these mutts are another story entirely, nothing to do with "Benji".

Do I advertise in a Thai newspaper, or put an ad in Thai on a bulletin board? Do I call Catwoman?

Thanks

How do I find a dog catcher in Pattaya? I need to get rid of these nuisance soi dogs in my neighborhood. Bad for business, bad for noise. They live under my car and when I use the A/C it smells like piss. I don't even like to use it thinking it may blow their contagion on me or one of my passengers. Bad dog!

A Thai man works for me (rather inefficienrtly) who says he knows a dog catcher, but he's been promising to have it done since October.

I don't want to see them harmed - I just don't want to see them. I like dogs when they're properly cared for, but these mutts are another story entirely, nothing to do with "Benji".

Do I advertise in a Thai newspaper, or put an ad in Thai on a bulletin board? Do I call Catwoman?

Thanks

Dogwoman surely :D

The normal way of getting rid of street dogs is to give them a load of poisoned meat. Sometimes the local authorities do it when the dogs are getting out of control, and sometimes residents take it upon themselves. - but I'm not suggesting you do that. Of course Buddhists must be kind to all living creatures so they sometimes assuage their consciences by getting dog catchers to round them all up. But they usually end up one foot under - or maybe in a Korean cafe :D

The tragedy is that they're all mangy and diseased and don't have much life expectancy. It must be a tiny percentage that get saved and are found homes. There's no simple solution I'm afraid. :o

Thanks

You could of course leave your car windows open and the poor muts could sleep inside which would be much more comfortable for them....and it would alleviate your problem of the smell coming through the air con :o

Not that I'm mother Teresa, but a few weeks ago, we adoped a soi dog... as mangy as can be... very, very sick... bleeding all over his skin, from head to toe. We took him to a vet twice a week, got all the shots, and about 5 weeks later, she is as healthy as can be... very loving, very gentle, and seems very greatful to have a nice place to live... with my other rescued dog, here from abroad.

No suggestion other than maybe to put some kind of small removable fence around your car, so they can't pee so close to it. other than that, they aren't going away.

Not that I'm mother Teresa, but a few weeks ago, we adoped a soi dog... as mangy as can be... very, very sick... bleeding all over his skin, from head to toe. We took him to a vet twice a week, got all the shots, and about 5 weeks later, she is as healthy as can be... very loving, very gentle, and seems very greatful to have a nice place to live... with my other rescued dog, here from abroad.

No suggestion other than maybe to put some kind of small removable fence around your car, so they can't pee so close to it. other than that, they aren't going away.

You are a true Samaritan. :D

Well done indeed. :o

Thanks

A few years ago a City Hall crew used to regularly catch stray dogs in my area. For some reason they stopped the 'service' but it may be worth giving them a call.

The only caveat I would add is that I doubt the captured dogs ever bothered anyone again. :D

On that note, you could also give the Crocodile Farm a bell and ask them who their supplier is... :o

How about taking them to a vet getting them fed and injected and trying to find them a home rather than a quick fix of killing them or passing the problem on to some one else?

I have adopted and found homes for some in the past, its not such a hard or time consuming process, but there are a lot for a few people to relocate, I know others who have done the same, however if a few more gave it a go rather than just thinking of how to pass the buck we might eventually cure the problem.

Either that or buy a house with a drive and park your car inside..:o

Saying Thai's dont care isn't true for all, I know many Thais who go round feeding these animals every day and even Tony of the disco fame has a sideline refurbishing them and finding them homes.

Thanks

Spread some sheets on your car seats and take the dogs for a ride in the country, far away AND LEAVE THEM THERE!

Buy some air fresheners and air your car out for a week or so! If they come back adopt them, they deserve it!

you are a nice guy!

If there would be more like you the world would be better..... :D

all the best :o