Gus Poyet sacked as manager of Brighton & Hove Albion

I Like Thai

Nigeria v Spain currently on BBC. Gus Poyet is one of the panel in studio. Poyet stated that the first he heard of the sacking was when the BBC presenter informed of it during the first half.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23022212

This was revealed at half time

Gus Poyet: Brighton & Hove Albion sack manager

Guy Poyet has been sacked as manager of Championship club Brighton but plans to appeal against the decision.

The 45-year-old was suspended by the Seagulls last month, along with his assistant Mauricio Taricco - whose suspension has since been lifted - and first-team coach Charlie Oatway.

Gus Poyet has been informed by the club's internal disciplinary panel his employment has been terminated," said a statement on the club website.

"Mr Poyet now has a right of appeal."

The statement added: "Given the close proximity of the new season, the club will, in conjunction with its board, now seek to appoint an interim manager pending the outcome of a possible appeal.

"The interim manager will oversee the initial weeks of pre-season preparation alongside the club's existing staff.

A club disciplinary hearing was adjourned last week after Poyet did not attend, with the League Managers' Association later suggesting he had not had enough time to prepare. Brighton said at the time that "was neither fair nor accurate".

The Uruguayan took over at Brighton in 2009 and won promotion from League One in 2011.

The former Chelsea midfielder guided them to a fourth-place finish in this season's Championship, but the Seagulls failed to reach the play-off final, losing 2-0 on aggregate to Crystal Palace in the semi-finals.

The club have yet to reveal what their reasons were for suspending, then sacking, Poyet.

I'd love to take Poyets side on this but this stand off with the owners of Brighton has been going on a while now. I just find it hard to believe he wasn't up to speed and they would do something to obviously stupid

• Like 1

how does this sound ? hegoes to the hearing what happened comes out,but he goes straight to appeal his legal team have a say in what they fight the battle on. im not convinced that's the total train of thought. but him not turning up is defo part of a plan I Tell ya AGAIN who ever is managing pyet is one double smart Cookey

not sure stevie But what i reckon is briefs ect are stuck with the crim legal system , the systems are sort of written in stone and they cant fuc with it 2 much , but football law i suspect it aint quite so rigid and no doubts they will look to exploit it. not 2 be forgotten front end there's 2-5 mil plus 4 grabs and if poyets lot win I'm sure other avenues of 'compensation will open up, but aint bo a bit of an expert on employment law? how do you see it bo? One things for sure the vultures are set to swoop.

Edited by rijit

anybody got any facts on this story because I am confused? ex Chelsea so he's innocent until proven.

The facts as announced 1/ someone spread shit in crystal palaces dressing room

2 Poyet seemed to make a relatively innocent statement, well thats the way it read in the press, something to the tune of 'we'll have to sit down and work out if we, ie me and the board, have the same ambitionsor going in the same direction something like that . could it have been taken maliciously?, maybe, but from my experience, it was more like someone using English clumsily ?

3/ the club announced almost immediately, poyet and 2 staff were suspended for 'i believe breach of contract. 2 staff reinstated, poyet, as far as i can tell sacked.

whether 1and 2 are connected, i'm not sure

but i reckon bottom line is the club reckon with the budget they gave him, PLAYERS WERE TURNING DOWN PREM CLUBS TO GO TO BRIGHTON, ie very large. he should have got them promotion. And they are looking to out him without paying him off.

Edited by rijit

not sure stevie But what i reckon is briefs ect are stuck with the crim legal system , the systems are sort of written in stone and they cant fuc with it 2 much , but football law i suspect it aint quite so rigid and no doubts they will look to exploit it. not 2 be forgotten front end there's 2-5 mil plus 4 grabs and if poyets lot win I'm sure other avenues of 'compensation will open up, but aint bo a bit of an expert on employment law? how do you see it bo? One things for sure the vultures are set to swoop.

I don't know the background rijit. Have the details been released yet? All I know is that he has been sacked following an internal investigation. Which may suggest something along the lines of gross misconduct, not sure. But as long as the club has followed correct procedure and had just cause, I don't think an appeal would be fruitful. However, like I said, without the full facts it's all just guesswork.

anybody got any facts on this story because I am confused? ex Chelsea so he's innocent until proven.

The facts as announced 1/ someone spread shit in crystal palaces dressing room

2 Poyet seemed to make a relatively innocent statement, well thats the way it read in the press, something to the tune of 'we'll have to sit down and work out if we, ie me and the board, have the same ambitionsor going in the same direction something like that . could it have been taken maliciously?, maybe, but from my experience, it was more like someone using English clumsily ?

3/ the club announced almost immediately, poyet and 2 staff were suspended for 'i believe breach of contract. 2 staff reinstated, poyet, as far as i can tell sacked.

whether 1and 2 are connected, i'm not sure

but i reckon bottom line is the club reckon with the budget they gave him, PLAYERS WERE TURNING DOWN PREM CLUBS TO GO TO BRIGHTON, ie very large. he should have got them promotion. And they are looking to out him without paying him off.

Well that puts a different spin on things and obviously not as clear cut as something like gross misconduct. The "breach of contract" statement is obviously the key to this but what "breach" is anyones guess at the moment.

yeah it was breach of contract, cos at the time I though toit was a bit weird,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22563280

but, exactly what and how they came to that conclusion , i presume would have been, more or less announced at the disciplinary hearing, which poyet didnt attend, so nothings been made 'public'. As it was poyet who didnt attend, and they had almost the same time to prepare as brighton, the cynical side of me suggests that his briefs worked out it was to his advantage NOT to have the facts revealed then but at an appeal, where they could 'cherry pick' the truth, all supposition I know ,,, but.

hell hath no fury like a board of directors lusting for the money of the premiership

yeah no doubts, but here's one , i was chatting 2 a guy down the gym who's

a pro gambler, said he worked for bloom in his early days, when he was based in cyrus or was in gib', anyway he reckoned the start of his fortune was made niche/gambling on lower league footie wai2.gif

No match fixing involved hopefully

make the close season go a little quicker if there waswhistling.gif Still only a couple of weeks till the ash's, Till then i suppose we'll just have to put up with giving the manc's a bit of sticksmile.png

Edited by rijit

No match fixing involved hopefully

make the close season go a little quicker if there wasPosted Image Still only  a couple of weeks till the ash's, Till then i suppose we'll just have to put up with giving the manc's a bit of stickPosted Image 

Or watching the Saltire draped all over Soith West London. :D