Pheu Thai denies rumor of secret Cabinet meeting with Thaksin in Hong Kong

webfact

Pheu Thai Denies Rumor Of Hong Kong Secret Cabinet Meeting

tak.jpg
Image: KHAOSOD English

BANGKOK: -- The governing Pheu Thai Party dismissed reports that its MPs and some Ministers are visiting Former PM Thaksin Shinawatra in Hong Kong to secretly discuss about upcoming changes in the Cabinet.

Earlier reports suggested that top Pheu Thai politicians are consulting Mr. Thaksin, the highly influential brother of current Prime Minister Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra, in secret session about arranging new members of the Cabinet.

Today, Mr. Prompong Nopparit, Pheu Thai spokesman, confirmed that Mr. Thaksin is currently in Hong Kong, after having traveled to Singapore, but said that the former leader was there merely to meet with "friends and business partners".

"He has no hand in Cabinet changes. That power belongs solely to the Prime Minister," Mr. Prompong said.

The spokesman said he believed the Cabinet lineup will be changed soon, but details about the change will depend on government′s policies.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM01qQTBNakV6TXc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-06-24

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again, people already know Thaksin is pulling the strings, why bother denying it? It's like we have to listen to these idiot denials every couple of months. Just come out of the closet! No one believes your lies anyway!

They just can't help themselves then get tripped up when someone let's slip a decision on something is awaited from Dubai and there's that slogan " Thaksin Thinks, PT Does ".

Well, if the reporters did their job a little better, this wouldn't be a rumour, it could be confirmed. How hard is it to check and track down the locations of the the top Pheu Thai politicians? If they all happen to be in Hong Kong at the same time, I'd say that would confirm things.

A call around various offices and a " not available " is a start plus a real attempt to track them down locally and what's wrong with a reporter being sent to Hong Kong to verify things other than the media being too scared to do a proper job.

• Like 1

Well, if the reporters did their job a little better, this wouldn't be a rumour, it could be confirmed. How hard is it to check and track down the locations of the the top Pheu Thai politicians? If they all happen to be in Hong Kong at the same time, I'd say that would confirm things.

A call around various offices and a " not available " is a start plus a real attempt to track them down locally and what's wrong with a reporter being sent to Hong Kong to verify things other than the media being too scared to do a proper job.

I hope they paid for their own tickets, because to call this government business in the public interest would be stretching the limits too far.

• Like 1

I hope they paid for their own tickets, because to call this government business in the public interest would be stretching the limits too far.

There was an article last week about the "free" flights that AirAsia et all give the Thai Politicians. Millions owed in unused flights that were booked but not used. So, yes, they do get free flights, they don't pay for them themselves, because as we all know, Thai Politicians are all so poor they just can't afford to pay for commercial flights. Mind you, Chalerm might have a bright pink Lear jet tucked away somewhere that they all could use instead (and he'd only have paid a few million Baht for it, so that would be a bargain).

• Like 1

Good point but I can't really see them paying themselves and although it may not listed as air fares the cost will be hidden in some other expenses claim, who would dare query it ?

I think there will be a paper trail though as they probably had a member of their staff make the reservation, such a menial task would be below a cabinet member. It's all there somewhere if the media really bothered to try.

As the lazy, and self preserving, journalistic way out why don't they pass it to the Hong Kong press as a secret Thai cabinet meeting would make both English and Chinese press and ultimately the international news wires.

In most countries a suggestion of a secret cabinet meeting outside the country would have the media running riot but here it's let go as a simple rumour. i suppose we can guess why.

• Like 2

Hopefully Chalerm didn't go all that way just to be rebuffed again.

"By my calculations, the core money is not worth much more than US$500 million at today's liquidation value, and Thaksin's capacity to hold on to the debt is diminishing fast, by the day. So, in brief, his net worth has declined from a notional figure of US$5 billion to the present value of US$500 million," said the international financier, who asked not to be named.

He is even selling his Hong Kong real-estate.

Look like he is refilling his bank account through diplomatic pouches from those aspiring for a turn at the trough.

http://psmp3.com/play.php?id=YQp8jwRcoDo&t=Thaksin Thaksin held 2 luxurious paties in Hong Kong

Check out how pissed Chalerm is at the end

Thaksin has a nack for bouncing back from adversity. He has done so several times.

The video was a little grainy could not really see who was who. You mean the man that was pulled back when the van drove away?

• Like 1

"By my calculations, the core money is not worth much more than US$500 million at today's liquidation value, and Thaksin's capacity to hold on to the debt is diminishing fast, by the day. So, in brief, his net worth has declined from a notional figure of US$5 billion to the present value of US$500 million," said the international financier, who asked not to be named.

Look like he is refilling his bank account through diplomatic pouches from those aspiring for a turn at the trough.

http://psmp3.com/play.php?id=YQp8jwRcoDo&t=Thaksin Thaksin held 2 luxurious paties in Hong Kong

That's hilarious. He can hardly stand up. Scary too that the old drunk has power.

Edited by nottocus

I don't think there's any doubt that Promphong's "the power rests with Yinglak" is utter gash. As in, I don't think anyone of any political persuasion believes it. However, he had to come out and say it, otherwise it would be an admission that the government is in cohorts with a wanted criminal fugitive. I'm fairly sure that's grounds for party dissolution (I'm surprised that the EC had nothing to say about the "Thaksin kid, Peua Thai tham" billboards - but there you go).

Funny, though, that the denial is interpreted by pretty-much everyone as a confirmation... how very Thai!

Thaksin has a nack for bouncing back from adversity. He has done so several times.

The video was a little grainy could not really see who was who. You mean the man that was pulled back when the van drove away?

Looked like a thoroughly sozzled Chalerm to me!

That video was posted on You Tube 8 months ago.

I'm a bit surprised about the topic title. Surely if a cabinet meeting was to be denied it should be a government spokesman to do so, like the newly appointed chap. The fun in HongKong was probably just one of those chance meetings between travelling Pheu Thai MPs and k. Thaksin, a happy occasion to do some celebrating, talk about family and avoid all things politic of course.

I'm disappointed that Hermes was closed for business. :(

• Like 1

I'm disappointed that Hermes was closed for business. sad.png

no money no money

The power belongs solely to Yingluck! Sure it does and Santa is a supermodel when he's not squeezing his fat arse down a chimney. Who makes this <deleted> up? It's like a comedy of errors and you're just waiting for the next moron to open his mouth.

• Like 2

How start the rumor ? Can it be this jealous and coward White masks wich prefer Diktatorship in Thailand !!!

I'm puzzled. Are you saying that a cabinet meeting with Thaksin is unacceptable? What about him skyping in orders?

There was an article last week about the "free" flights that AirAsia et all give the Thai Politicians. Millions owed in unused flights that were booked but not used. So, yes, they do get free flights, they don't pay for them themselves, because as we all know, Thai Politicians are all so poor they just can't afford to pay for commercial flights. Mind you, Chalerm might have a bright pink Lear jet tucked away somewhere that they all could use instead (and he'd only have paid a few million Baht for it, so that would be a bargain).

Has

Air Asia a special plane for politicians. Can not imagine them in an Air Asia economy seat asking the air Asia salesperson how much for a cup of coffee?

Or even trying to come close to the 15kilo baggage limit.