webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The nicest thing I can say about the bride is that she looks just about ready for the slaughterhouse.

Bet you wouldn't say that about these crimson Thai beauties.

post-9891-0-01747400-1372075781_thumb.jp

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

Red is a common colour for Chinese weddings. I don't read too much into this.

Sure is, Steve, but if the lucky colour at Chinese weddings happened to be yellow, do you think she'd wear a yellow dress?

Well people I think she looks great in the dress, without been in rude, I think she is a very well spoken woman and a classy dresser, why turn a family function into a political issue?

maybe the next wedding I attend i'll wear a bright orange tux!!! now that's classy yeah;-)

Actually with the Shins any family function pretty much becomes a political gathering.

For a start there was a Prime Minister, an ex Prime Minister, two wives of ex Prime Ministers, even the bride works for the Prime Minister's party whose boss (another ex Prime Minister) called in courtesy of Skype.

The Kennedys would have been just greeeeen!

• Like 1

Actually with the Shins any family function pretty much becomes a political gathering.

For a start there was a Prime Minister, an ex Prime Minister, two wives of ex Prime Ministers, even the bride works for the Prime Minister's party whose boss (another ex Prime Minister) called in courtesy of Skype.

Yes it was quite the family reunion... Well that's to be expected at a wedding...

No skyping involved though, 'twas just a pre recorded message of well wishing ;)

Yes it was quite the family reunion... Well that's to be expected at a wedding...

No skyping involved though, 'twas just a pre recorded message of well wishing wink.png

No skyping involved though, 'twas just a pre recorded message of well wishing wink.png

I guess Uncle T. was busy with the reshuffle plans.

This thread is worthless without pictures.

Yingluck wore red to her portly niece's wedding

Posted Image

It's nice to see that Yingluck has time for those with special needs....

Now that's what I call a "Fine Sense of Humor" ! ! ! !

You actually stated what most of us were thinking, without realizing that we were actually thinking it ! ! !

Whoaaaaaaa ! !

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wwwwoooooaaaahhhhh !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would. Lady in red looking good.

It's a wedding they are Chinese lets get over it.:D

6_-_copy_1371912626.jpg;r:width=580;stat

news07-1.jpg

I would. Lady in red looking good.

It's a wedding they are Chinese lets get over it.biggrin.png

Strange - you think "Lady in Red" while I think "Roxanne'.

• Like 1

Well people I think she looks great in the dress, without been in rude, I think she is a very well spoken woman and a classy dresser, why turn a family function into a political issue?

maybe the next wedding I attend i'll wear a bright orange tux!!! now that's classy yeah;-)

The Kennedys would have been just greeeeen!

OK well some family members are poly's and GEE maybe they have friends that are poly's so it goes that one would have your family AND friends attend a wedding yeah, is that a fair thing??? did you or your family/friends go too your wedding? is there any time that they can have a family event without people taking a cheap shot? it's ez to sling mud when a person is not there to defend themselves isn't it!!!

get over your self righteous holier than thuo snot!

I still think she look's great regardless of any political agenda.

She made a speech, wonder if it came with a translation and did she try to run away when someone approached to thank her?

What's the need to highlight the colour of her dress, red signifies luck in Chinese culture.

Red dress.... red shirt.

An English adage goes - Red dress,no drawers.

She made a speech, wonder if it came with a translation and did she try to run away when someone approached to thank her?

What's the need to highlight the colour of her dress, red signifies luck in Chinese culture.

Red dress.... red shirt.
An English adage goes - Red dress,no draws.
What are you trying to say? clarify? any of your female family ever wear a red dress? and did you say the same thing so publicly? I wounder? (rodriguez) (great song).

Red dress.... red shirt.

Oh Please.

If by no 'draws' you mean drawers, it's a Scots saying.

''Fur coat and nae knickers.''

My typo was quickly corrected. Can you substantiate your claim that the phrase is of Scottish origin? A fur coat does not equate with a red dress. Similar adages are in common use in the UK. Several substitute red shoes for a red dress.

There is a nice story that says that a ship was wrecked on the Lincolnshire coast and bolts of red cloth were washed ashore. Some ladies took possession and made hats, wearing them to church the following Sunday. All the other ladies of the town decided that they too must have a red hat and so many were made that they ran out of cloth, thus leaving none to make pairs of drawers.

The phrase is used to describe something or somebody that is all show and has no substance, a bit like democracy in Thailand don't you think?.

"The wedding was held a Plaza Athenee Hotel in Bangkok."

Now see there's your problem, if it was geld at the Bangkok Hilton then Thaksin could have attended in a nice orange jumpsuit onesie.

PS: I wonder how much the sin sot was?

Edited by waza