Fiance Visa to USA ?..Need advice!

This is as good a place as any I suppose. Just got the notification that the I129f was approved, but I had the consulate listed as Chiang Mai (that is where the GF is from), of course I found out only Bangkok handles immigrant visas so now I need to get things fixed. Anyone know the process?

Things will start moving fairly quickly now. First thing you need to do is download packet 3 from the US Embassy website here:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/packets.html

Follow those instructions. You will be getting a letter from NVC with your Bangkok embassy case number. It will start with BNK2013.

Pretty much everything from this point forward will need to be done by your Fiance in Thailand. Police Report, Medical, etc. etc. However, you will need to provide her with an I-134 affidavit of support and the supporting information that goes with it. You'll probably want to get an account on visajourney and look in the Thai forum there. There's a bunch of people that have just finished K-1s in Thailand there.

• 2 months later...

Just for the sake of following through, we mailed in all our requirements on 5 Oct and we were surprised to hear back from the Embassy in only two days. The told us my fiancee will have her appointment on 30 October. That was quick. We are not assembling more documents/further proof of relationship. They had only one problem in our package, and that was that the form 156 was supposed to have a bar code. The one we sent had none. I figured it out on their website and will have my fiancee bring in the new one. They said no problem, as long as she brought it. They asked for further evidence of relationship (lol..i lived with her here for 18 months) so we will get some affidavits from the owner of the house and some neighbors. Also have more plane ticket receipts that show we traveled together. I thought that was all cleared up, but they wanted to see more. Another update on 30 October after the interview.

We are not assembling more documents/further proof of relationship.

I meant to say that we ....are...... indeed assembling more documents/further proof of relationship... that was a typo.

Cool. Sounds like things are moving quickly.