REPAIR Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adaptor for MacBook Air

sensei

I hope I can get some leads here. I am looking for a place in Bangkok (MBK or Pantip) that fixes the 45W MagSafe Power Adaptor for the MacBook Air.

My Macbook Air is a great little machine but its charger is quite the opposite. It would charge intermittently and it started doing that right after the warranty expired. Starting last weekend, it just quit and it wouldn't light up at all.

I have to use the computer plugged in all the time. I dont lose charge when I do this but the charge doesn't go up either. I was so fidgety all weekend looking at the 9% charge remaining on the battery.

I want to have someone look at this first before I begrudgingly shell out US$70 for a new charger.

post-28695-0-12771700-1372080572_thumb.p
Paying US$70 for a charger is like getting robbed in broad daylight.

I would appreciate it if someone can point me to the right direction.

Thanks!

Woke up this morning and plugged the charger in. Lo and behold! The it lit up orange and started charging again. I don't know why. I don't know what happened, just happy it is working again.

magsafe connector on machine and the actual connector. Clean the dirt and crap off them both using cotton bud and alcohol. 9 times out of 10 dodgy charging indication is due to crap n the connection for magsafe.

Seen so many claim that the magsafe has problems when its just dirty.

Secondly a Reset of PRAM and SMC on the machine can help with battery charging issues.

Edited by negreanu