Thailand spins in its own circle: Opinion

webfact

Yingluck Shinawatra is attended Regina Coeli College, a private girls school, at the lower secondary level and then Yupparaj College, a co-ed school, at the upper secondary level.[12] She graduated with a BA degree from the Faculty of Political Science and Public Administration, Chiang Mai University in 1988 and received a MPA degree (specialization in Management Information Systems) from Kentucky State University in 1991.

Abhisit Vejjajiva, he attended Eton College and was known as "Veggie" amongst his peers.[20][21] Abhisit earned a bachelor's degree in philosophy, politics and economics (PPE), first class honors, and a master's degree in economics from St John's College, Oxford. Thailand, he received a bachelor's degree in law from Thailand's Ramkhamhaeng University, and taught at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy[23] and Thammasat University Faculty of Economics.[24] He is fluent in both his mother tongue and the English language, He at 20.

Now I understand Yinluck's problems: she attended college in Kentucky.

Yingluck Shinawatra is attended Regina Coeli College, a private girls school, at the lower secondary level and then Yupparaj College, a co-ed school, at the upper secondary level.[12] She graduated with a BA degree from the Faculty of Political Science and Public Administration, Chiang Mai University in 1988 and received a MPA degree (specialization in Management Information Systems) from Kentucky State University in 1991.

Abhisit Vejjajiva, he attended Eton College and was known as "Veggie" amongst his peers.[20][21] Abhisit earned a bachelor's degree in philosophy, politics and economics (PPE), first class honors, and a master's degree in economics from St John's College, Oxford. Thailand, he received a bachelor's degree in law from Thailand's Ramkhamhaeng University, and taught at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy[23] and Thammasat University Faculty of Economics.[24] He is fluent in both his mother tongue and the English language, He at 20.

Now I understand Yinluck's problems: she attended college in Kentucky.
And as is often stated, her inability to communicate in English didn't prevent her graduating. Perhaps I should sit a degree at a Thai kindergarten, sorry - University. The fact I can't read or write in Thai won't be a handicap.

I think the writer should do the right thing and not bother to attend such utterly hypocritical meetings.

Would you care to elaborate as to why you think a meeting such as this is hypocritical?

Do you really believe that all the people attending this meeting are pretending to have moral standards or opinions that they to not actually have?

Living in Asia has made me more cynical but that cynicism is based on the experience of living here. Your apparently cynical view of this meeting is based on what?

Since a large part of the conference centered on when counting the cost/benefit of successes, one should factor in the damage to the Earth, the hypocrisy comes from flying in jet aircraft and staying in hotels and otherwise unnecessarily consuming resources when the whole conference could have been done over Skype or something similar. The same hypocrisy Global Warming Conferences are famous for considering the number of private jets in attendance. Hell, Dr. Thaksin runs the entire government over Skype. Correct me if I am off-base here, Thai at Heart.

I answered similarly further up.