Ubc Tv Annoying Watermark

The Coder

I've always found the UBC logo superimposed on every channel distracting and one of the numerous disadvantage of getting UBC TV. They changed the stupid logo so it not only says UBC, but now also says 'true' next to it. And of course it still says 'mcot' as well. These watermarks are getting ridiculous. Due to all the annoying things UBC does, I'm very close to cancelling and just going without.

I've always found the UBC logo superimposed on every channel distracting and one of the numerous disadvantage of getting UBC TV. They changed the stupid logo so it not only says UBC, but now also says 'true' next to it. And of course it still says 'mcot' as well. These watermarks are getting ridiculous. Due to all the annoying things UBC does, I'm very close to cancelling and just going without.

ive also noticed this, doesnt bother me that much though - certainly wouldnt cancel over it!!!

I've always found the UBC logo superimposed on every channel distracting and one of the numerous disadvantage of getting UBC TV.

I agree. Noticed this last night watching the football. It's getting cluttered when you've got the UBC, True, "ESPN Live" & the score all at the top of the screen.

DOGS (digital on-screen graphics) are usually very annoying. But the BBC is one of the worst offenders (both at home and internationally). On BBC World you often loose much of the point of a video clip because it's obscured by a DOG. Check out the several anti-DOG sites in the UK (or search bbc.co.uk) for broadcasters' pathetic justifications for using them.

DOGS (digital on-screen graphics) are usually very annoying. But the BBC is one of the worst offenders (both at home and internationally). On BBC World you often loose much of the point of a video clip because it's obscured by a DOG. Check out the several anti-DOG sites in the UK (or search bbc.co.uk) for broadcasters' pathetic justifications for using them.

I think the watermarks are something you have to get used to and accept. They aint gonna change them.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with UBC, but I must recount a recent minor irritation.

Have any of you seen the message on the UBC website informing you to leave youre box on as they want to configure 2 new channels? Also in that little message, they advise you to get details of the new channels on the website.

All I wanted were the new channel numbers.

Well today is 2nd April, and my UBC magazine still hasn't arrived - for the 2nd month in a row. I tried to download the mag from the website - wouldn't download. Searched the website for an hour - couldn't find anything on the new channels.

Called the UBC help line. They promised to look into my magazine delivery. I asked where I could find details of the new channels on their website? The put me on hold. Five minute later they told me that I would find the details in the magazine. But I haven't got it. You can down load it. It won't download. In that case check on your TV - channels 53 and 61, with channel 34 coming in May. Why didn't you tell me that in the first place? Never mind - thank you, and have a nice day. :D

I'm doomed , I tell you, DOOMED! :o

I think the watermarks are something you have to get used to... They aint gonna change them.

I can agree with that in case (see further)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with UBC, but ...

the content/programing is worth it. In my opinion, it's getting worse day by day, especially in regards to sport and movie channels.

Unfortunately, there is no alternative.

I think the watermarks are something you have to get used to and accept. They aint gonna change them.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with UBC, but I must recount a recent minor irritation.

Have any of you seen the message on the UBC website informing you to leave youre box on as they want to configure 2 new channels? Also in that little message, they advise you to get details of the new channels on the website.

All I wanted were the new channel numbers.

Well today is 2nd April, and my UBC magazine still hasn't arrived - for the 2nd month in a row. I tried to download the mag from the website - wouldn't download. Searched the website for an hour - couldn't find anything on the new channels.

Called the UBC help line. They promised to look into my magazine delivery. I asked where I could find details of the new channels on their website? The put me on hold. Five minute later they told me that I would find the details in the magazine. But I haven't got it. You can down load it. It won't download. In that case check on your TV - channels 53 and 61, with channel 34 coming in May. Why didn't you tell me that in the first place? Never mind - thank you, and have a nice day. :D

I'm doomed , I tell you, DOOMED! :o

Hi Mister Doom,

Here are the magazine instructions.

For subscribers with ADB brand receiver units (DSTV and DIGITAL CABLE TV).

1. Press the "MENU" button on your remote control and move the cursor to "SETUP" then press OK

2. Move the cursor to "CHANNELS" and press OK.

3. Press the "RECALL" button on your remote control.

4. Select "YES" to reset the channels, then press OK.

For subscribers with PACE brand receiver units (For DSTV only).

1. Press the "MENU" button on your remote control and move the cursor to "INSTALLATION", then

press "SELECT" (OK).

2. Move the cursor to "DECODER SETTINGS" then press 'SELECT" (OK).

3. Move the cursor to "CHANNEL ORGANIZATION", then press "SELECT (OK).

4. Move the cursor to 'TV CHANNELS", then press "SELECT" (OK).

5. Move the cursor to "RESET TV CHANNELS", then press "SELECT (OK).

6. Press "SELECT" (OK) to reset the channels.

7. Press the "MENU" button on your remote control to go back to the actual screen

I hope this helps.

Greg