Lookin for ride or how much does a car & driver cost to Bangkok ?

TheWizardofRnR

Or if anybody out there's driving up on Thur.or Fri. . and needs company and share gas,
I need to take my Wheelchair, it folds up!

Also anyone recommend a good moving company that goes to Bkk & surrounding areas?
Any recommendations, besides flying instead please will be appreciated.
Anyplace in Pkt. selling Rail tickets from Surat Thani ?

Pretty Sure one of the Bus companies can accomadate your needs , on one of the two deck buses , the lower deck.

Then a taxi from the station in BKK to your end destination ?

Thanks, but I doubt the bus nor train would be very wheelchair friendly.

Van would be the way to go if I could find a sane driver.

Pretty Sure one of the Bus companies can accomadate your needs , on one of the two deck buses , the lower deck.

I know some sane van drivers but they're not that cheap (nor are the insane ones for that matter!).

I know some sane van drivers but they're not that cheap (nor are the insane ones for that matter!).

Thanks Colonel, not sure when, or even if, I will be going, at this stage.

As Bill was asking about this, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon also to see what is available and the costs.

I would be up and back over two days.

I'll contact you when I'm going if that's alright?

Thanks Colonel, not sure when, or even if, I will be going, at this stage.

As Bill was asking about this, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon also to see what is available and the costs.

I would be up and back over two days.

I'll contact you when I'm going if that's alright?

No problem. If you ever need one, give me a shout and I'll put you in touch with them.

Flying is much quicker and probably cheaper though, so unless you have a fear of flying (as I do) going by plane is probably a better bet. My favourite is van to Surat and then sleeper overnight to BKK. Slow trains but they serve you beer and acceptable food and it's quite a relaxing journey.

No problem. If you ever need one, give me a shout and I'll put you in touch with them.

Flying is much quicker and probably cheaper though, so unless you have a fear of flying (as I do) going by plane is probably a better bet. My favourite is van to Surat and then sleeper overnight to BKK. Slow trains but they serve you beer and acceptable food and it's quite a relaxing journey.

It's not a fear, but airports and aeroplanes (and trains ,buses) in Thailand are not particularly friendly for the disabled.

Costs are not the main problem for me.

It's not a fear, but airports and aeroplanes (and trains ,buses) in Thailand are not particularly friendly for the disabled.

Costs are not the main problem for me.

My question is how do u book the Sleeper from Surat Thani here in Phuket?

Is the 2500B to Surat Thani per person? or price just for you and driver Colonel ?

- I've rented a van/driver (BKK > Phuket) for THB 10,000 (3 years ago). It was a Toyota Commuter van, so used it to move a bunch of household effects. For 2 of us, it worked out less than flying there. Phuket > BKK - may be a bit more. The BKK based drivers family happens to lives in Phuket, so he was eager/happy to take the job.

- I've self driven from BKK > Phuket (rented a car from Budget - one way, they charged a day's rental + dropoff surcharge. You may want to consider that, if you can find a friend to drive. Believe it was ~THB 3300 (if you manage to return the car on the same day).

- If you don't need your wheel chair enroute, you may want to consider shipping it ahead by post - they have boxes / means to handle oversized stuff.

- Yet another way is to ask any furniture shop, they're constantly shipping loose items in trucks. A sofa that I ordered in Bangkok / delivered to Phuket was billed to me at THB 400 or so.

Hope this helps,

Actually the train in first class is not wheelchair friendly but they will help you up and therel.

The best way to go is plane. Your wheelchair goes free and they wheel you aboard to your seat and wheel you out when you get there. In some ways it is the cheapest too.