Nationwide rice stocks to be inspected for missing 2.5m tons from Thai govt stockpiles

webfact

Did it ever exist in the first place, except on an invoice to the Gov for some new sports cars?

Phase 2 is compensation for missing and rotten rice giggle.gif

If it did exist I doubt that it's missing permanently. It was probably just taken out so it could be returned for pledging again.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price of rice in the local markets and supermarkets hasn't risen significantly in the past couple of years, while the wholesale price has supposedly risen by 40%. It's pretty obvious that rice has been going out the backdoor of the the warehouses for a significantly discounted price for the past two years.

So, where is the missing rice?.... on the shelves at Tesco Lotus and Big C!

After the discovery of wide spread thefts.

2.5mn tonnes at 20 tonnes a truck and they Just noticed that 10% of the stock walked out the back door?

Oh yes. This is going to be fun to watch them squirm on this one.

So that makes 125,000 truck loads !!! Just hilarious.

All this rice is not stolen, it never was delivered to the warehouses in the first place! The traders just claimed money from the government without ever having received the rice from the farmers let alone paid the farmers.

So in short, the traders received 15,000THB/mt + storage cost.

So the big question remains, how much did the Shin clan get from the traders. Think about it.

yep im with you on this one,it never existed i think,there was no rice in the first place,,i cant think of any other answer,,anyone,,???,are the farmers in on it too,,,,?? the plot thickens,,

Of course if it did exist then the losses will be more as they can't sell it now to get a return.

It's quite possible that some farmers are in on it as I remember seeing a report where some farmers in Isaan were telling how they defrauded the scheme under the last government.

2.5mn tonnes at 20 tonnes a truck and they Just noticed that 10% of the stock walked out the back door?

Explains that big traffic jam in Issan!

• Like 1

Explains that big traffic jam in Issan!

Makes you sooner how they move it at all, when genuine business is going on.

Meanwhile a rice warehouse under the government’s rice pledging programme in Ayutthaya province caught fire and burned on Monday night

what a suprise guess the whole administration is lost also

coincidence ??

What's probably happened is that the trucker knew the security guy on the back door. - so he sold his load of rice then went to the back door of the warehouse and picked up his next load for sale.

125,000 truckloads - over a year, would be a little over 300 truckloads a day. Hard graft.... tongue.png

It seems the warehouse count has grown to 2500, vs1500 as of a week ago. The statement that the total amount of rice in warehouses will be known by tomorrow evening, after a visit at each by government officials. all of this being carried out under the watchful eyes of Chaleum and Nattawat.

It was mentioned that those warehouses who have had fumingation take place will be counted later??? Wonder if we will have additional fires tonight? Pictures show storage is in cardboard boxes in some facilities, that should be fun to get a sample of.

Seems the grand plan has enough, wiggle room,. loop holes going to forstall any concrete/real answers for a while.

The trucks might be rated at 20 tonnes capacity but TIT - they would easily have got 30 tonnes on. whistling.gif

Of course, this more than 100k truck loads wasn't conducted by, or noticed by ANYONE who noticed or possibly thought that it may have been illegal.

This is what I always find amazing about these scams, is that they really do have to involve hundreds if not thousands of people, but there is not one single person willing to shop anyone.

And a huge proportion would/could have been done on pick-up trucks as well, so the number of loads quadruples.

However, I suspect that the missing rice never actually existed anyway. The whole scam is based on paperwork to allow the money to flow, so fictitious numbers were created to inflate the real inventory. Now that the spotlight is on and a physical count will reveal millions of tonnes of "missing inventory", it has been deemed that the only way to explain the alleged missing stock is to claim it was stolen.

Let's face it, it is a major logistical exercise to organise 125,000 shipments of product, storing that stolen product and/or selling or exporting it. Either every logistics company in the Kingdom was involved.......or it never really happened anyway.

Kindergarten 101.

I fully agree, it has not gone missing because it was not there in the first place. You just cannot physically lose 2.5million tonnes of rice.

• Like 1

Meanwhile a rice warehouse under the government’s rice pledging programme in Ayutthaya province caught fire and burned on Monday night.

When asked what the potential loss of stock could be, the warehouse owner answered "I fear I have lost all of my stock completely, all burnt to ashes, there was approximately 2.5 Million Tons of Jasmine rice in my shed." coffee1.gif

Consider this !. If 1 cubic meter of water is equal to 1 metric ton , then the bags of rice in the picture are probably about a ton each. Now count how many bags you can see in the picture and imagine what 2.5 million of them look like !.

It seems the warehouse count has grown to 2500, vs1500 as of a week ago. The statement that the total amount of rice in warehouses will be known by tomorrow evening, after a visit at each by government officials. all of this being carried out under the watchful eyes of Chaleum and Nattawat.

It was mentioned that those warehouses who have had fumingation take place will be counted later??? Wonder if we will have additional fires tonight? Pictures show storage is in cardboard boxes in some facilities, that should be fun to get a sample of.

Seems the grand plan has enough, wiggle room,. loop holes going to forstall any concrete/real answers for a while.

A warehouse should be safe to enter after 7 days maximum.

Why on earth you need a physical count to find a missing 2.5 mn tons? Where is it hiding? Did it take a holiday? Is it planning to come back?

May be they discover 4mn is missing?

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Why on earth you need a physical count to find a missing 2.5 mn tons? Where is it hiding? Did it take a holiday? Is it planning to come back?

People lose things all the time in so much that something could have fallen out of a pocket or put down and forgotten about for some reason. You can lose car key or glasses, you motorbike or car because you forget where you parked it. I would even go further and say you could lose a bloody big truck for a similar reason but I'm sorry, you can use the same reasoning for 2.5 million tonnes of rice. It's not going to be down the back of the sofa and it's not going to be in some dark soi after the owner found the only parking place left it town only to forget where it after a night on the Chang.

The logistics involved in moving this amount of mass is huge. We are not talking about a few pallets on the back of a flatbed or some nong turning up at the dead of night with his pickup. This is super large scale and could not be done without the knowledge of 10s of thousands of people.

It's a slight aside and I don't have numbers, sorry. Thailand dropped from first to third place in the world as an exporter but they have still been exporting a considerable amount of rice so where did this unimaginably huge amount of extra rice (supposedly) come from? I don't mean that globally as that is another question but the rice produced in Thailand.

I can't see any way that the missing 2.5 million tonnes could have really existed and also question how much of what remains on paperwork actually exists.

Meanwhile a rice warehouse under the government’s rice pledging programme in Ayutthaya province caught fire and burned on Monday night. (MCOT online news)

What are the odds that the whole 2.5 million tonne was stocked at the above mentioned warehouse.

People lose things all the time in so much that something could have fallen out of a pocket or put down and forgotten about for some reason. You can lose car key or glasses, you motorbike or car because you forget where you parked it. I would even go further and say you could lose a bloody big truck for a similar reason but I'm sorry, you can use the same reasoning for 2.5 million tonnes of rice. It's not going to be down the back of the sofa and it's not going to be in some dark soi after the owner found the only parking place left it town only to forget where it after a night on the Chang.

The logistics involved in moving this amount of mass is huge. We are not talking about a few pallets on the back of a flatbed or some nong turning up at the dead of night with his pickup. This is super large scale and could not be done without the knowledge of 10s of thousands of people.

It's a slight aside and I don't have numbers, sorry. Thailand dropped from first to third place in the world as an exporter but they have still been exporting a considerable amount of rice so where did this unimaginably huge amount of extra rice (supposedly) come from? I don't mean that globally as that is another question but the rice produced in Thailand.

I can't see any way that the missing 2.5 million tonnes could have really existed and also question how much of what remains on paperwork actually exists.

Has anyone really looked at how gargantuan some of these stacks are? 20msx20msx5m

There is no way to do a physical to 100% accuracy.

There must be a lot of buildings claiming to contain 100,000 sacks that only have 80 or 90 thousand. This will be almost impossible to accurately count on a nationwide basis.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Nationwide rice stocks to be inspected for missing 2.5m tons from Thai govt stockpiles

What gets me is how they know 2.5m tons is missing before they checked...has the government sold 2,5m ton without telling anyone whistling.gif

• Like 1

What gets me is how they know 2.5m tons is missing before they checked...has the government sold 2,5m ton without telling anyone whistling.gif

Someone knows that someone has been either paid for 2.5mn tons that was never delivered, or that they have sold 2.5mn out the backdoor on the cheap.

How can the accurately say something is lost, BEFORE they do the physical count?

Their paper figure says 21mn tons under storage. How can they know to search for something that the reports say is there? Ergo, it's not there.

Ptp knows that the opposition knows that they have proof of theft of money or rice to 2.5 mn tons. Why else would they be bothering to go and count it. Just deny it, wouldn't that be easier?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Consider this !. If 1 cubic meter of water is equal to 1 metric ton , then the bags of rice in the picture are probably about a ton each. Now count how many bags you can see in the picture and imagine what 2.5 million of them look like !.

It took 2.3 million similar size blocks to build the Great Pyramid! Having stood at the bottom of that and looked up, it really isn't that easy to hide!

• Like 1

Here is what is going to happen, they will find that 5 million tons are missing but they won't be able to figure out why and who is at fault. Perhaps a lot of hungry mice ate it? In a few months it will be forgotten and the culprits will be very rich indeed and no one will go to jail.

• Like 1