Single entry non 'o' Marriage Visa

I've been to Vientiane & successfully got one of these now I'm hoping that if I take this & all relevant paperwork including bank letter, pics of Wife & I in front of house, map to get there etc. & Wife to Khon Khen Immigration they'll give me a one year extension.

What I'd like to know is, will they do this or will they send me to Bangkok? or, in the worst case will they try to say that Iv'e got to go back to the UK to get a multiple entry non 'o' before they'll extend it?

if they do say this, is there anywhere closer than the UK where I can get a years multiple entry non 'o' as I want to stay in Thailand & certainly not go back to the UK just to get a visa, any comments much appreciated thank you...

Go to immigration with wife during last 30 days of your current non immigrant O entry and apply for extension of stay on basis of Thai Wife at local immigration - all can do this with that visa entry but it will be under review 30 days before final stamp is obtained for the year stay.

• Like 1

Thanks lopburi3 & Mario, I'd thought what you said, Lopburi, was right but I wasn't sure if they'd do it on a single entry visa or not so that is good news.

& that is good news about the multi-entry at Savanakhet Mario, I should have done my homework on here first & gone there, unfortunately I panicked after realizing I'd got my renewal dates wrong on my visa & rushed to the nearest border so that I didn't pick up more than a 4 day overstay fine sad.png still my own stupid fault, glad it hasn't screwed me too much...