Australia - New PM?

Old Croc

^^ Thanks for that information ...

Ch9 who was doing the SofO broadcast said that they would be going to the Football coverage at the scheduled time of 7.30 and maintain their Political coverage on their sister 2nd digital channel. they made this statement sometime around 7.15

They later, sadly, changed their mind.

Imagine instead StKilda was playing in the Grand Final and the TV network were busy broadcasting political events instead of the 30 mins before kick-off.

Personally, I was watching the political coverage on the ABC channel, as they give a far higher insight into the debate then a commercial station ... flicking back to see when the football coverage was starting.

I could not imagine St Kilda playing in the Grand Final this year laugh.png

I think you will get better odds on the saints than you would on Labour winning in September

You might think so chooka....but two horse race and all that

Labor $5.40 to win

St Kilda $151 to make Grand Final

Odds for Labor to win Election

Odds for St Kilda to make Grand Final

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kevin Rudd recently changed his views on same-sex marriage.

I hope that he introduces in his short tenure as PM a conscience vote on same-sex marriage because Abbott will keep Australia in the dark ages and deny equality for gays and lesbians.

Given that Thursday and Friday are the last 'sitting' days before the Parliament closes for the Election, it's highly unlikely that a Bill, of the nature that you describe above, would or could be drafted and introduced in time.

Remember that it has to pass both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Wonder what the $ cost to us tax payers is for this vote?

Zero Dollar cost as it was held in the Labor's Caucus Room in Parliament House.

The real cost was a shortening of the TV pre-game commentary into the State of Origin Game ... dry.png

If anyone's interested, the State of Origin Thread is over in the Sports Forum ... here

The state of origin is a private game between two states and probably only of interest to those two, whereas the Rudd/Gillard spat effects the whole country (seven states and territories) so that is why it probably got priority over a local rugby game.

Yeah, says a Aussie Rules supporter

Leauge is our National sport in NSW and QLD, while the game is seen around the world. Bad timing by the pollies to disrupt the State of Origin match.clap2.gif Can't wait for game 3.

Reports are saying Rudd has been returned to the PM job.

May call an election in August.

Election date is the 17 Aug

Just read that the new election date looks like being 24 August.

I hope a few of the Aussies who have already purchased their tickets

can change the date.

I love the way all the women's groups are coming out and voicing their opinions. Remarks like Julia was stabbed in the back by male chauvinists and misogynists and she was the best person to lead the party. I didn't hear the cries of misandrists when she did the same thing to Kevin.

Just bring the election forward and let's send all of them -- Rudd, Gillard, that prize idiot Swan. Crean, Shorten -- into oblivion.

Nobody much likes Abbott, but he's going to win in a landslide, which tells you all you need to know about the Labor Party today.

• Like 1

Reports are saying Rudd has been returned to the PM job.

May call an election in August.

Election date is the 17 Aug

Just read that the new election date looks like being 24 August.

I hope a few of the Aussies who have already purchased their tickets

can change the date.

I'll be a postal vote ...

There'd be a lot more feminists commenting on this topic (in general, not TV) if it were not for their commander in chief Sen. Penny Wong openly - ironic, no? - giving her vote to Rudd.

Surprised Abbott hasn't put forward a "no confidence" motion given his usual antics in the HoR during Question Time

Wonder how H.E Quinten Bryce is feeling, watching her son-in-law drag her through this, the loss of face would be catastrophic hahahaha :P

Labor Party- right wing social engineers.

Liberal Party- right wing economists.

Green's Party- left wing wackos.

Independents-generally intelligent free thinkers,

To call party politics a democracy is a joke.

I have never voted because in the electorates that i have lived in no-one represents my ideals.If i had some independents that I do respect in my electorate, I would vote.

Unfortunately my money is running out and I will have to return to Australia, but fortunately I do not watch television so I can ignore the bullsh#t and get my entertainment and information through ThaiVisa and other mediums.

BTW I follow the AFL, but love the State of Origin games, takes me back to the gladiators.smile.png

I don't think there has been an official statement about election date yet.

Click on Intl in Thailand. http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/

But more interesting, (Not for Chooka) is here http://www.2gb.com/listen-live State of Origin

Who is playing?

Not King Wally

QLD vrs NSW

Game 2

(Peter Garret has quit and not running again thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Incompetent prick giggle.gif )

Garret always got bad wrap. He was the one who warned Rudd in cabinet about the home insulation programme being rolled out too fast, but Rudd insisted on it. When the crap hit the fan, Rudd ducked for cover and strung Garret out to dry. I've never liked Rudd since that day, and I've been proven right time and again the bloke is a self indulgent ego maniac not seen since the days of Whitlam.

The one upside, the Oils will reform and they will be rocking concerts.

Ooooooo-iiiiiiiii-llllllllll-ssssssssss

But more interesting, (Not for Chooka) is here http://www.2gb.com/listen-live State of Origin

Who is playing?

Not King Wally

QLD vrs NSW

Game 2

(Peter Garret has quit and not running again thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Incompetent prick giggle.gif )

Garret always got bad wrap. He was the one who warned Rudd in cabinet about the home insulation programme being rolled out too fast, but Rudd insisted on it. When the crap hit the fan, Rudd ducked for cover and strung Garret out to dry. I've never liked Rudd since that day, and I've been proven right time and again the bloke is a self indulgent ego maniac not seen since the days of Whitlam.

Yep, Rudd threw Garret under the bus alright.

And as far as the current fiasco involving the unauthorized arrivals,

Gillard was unable to close the gate but Rudd opened it.

Stephen Smith has now also declared his intention to retire. He would have made a good leader as he always seemed like a decent down to earth honest sort of a bloke. Anyway it appears that they are all jumping ship now, leaving Kevin to go down alone.

Fortunately with the election being held in Australia's winter, the public will not have to see Tony Abbott in his Budgie Catchers,(a male swimsuit not unlike the G-string)running along the beaches of Sydney.

Err... "Budgie Smugglers" is the correct term. :)

Well, i go nuts listening to Gillard mono-tone slurred alcoholic voice.

• Like 2

I love the way all the women's groups are coming out and voicing their opinions. Remarks like Julia was stabbed in the back by male chauvinists and misogynists and she was the best person to lead the party. I didn't hear the cries of misandrists when she did the same thing to Kevin.

Similarly, the old crusties and Allan Jones disciples are wondering what they are going to do with their 'Ditch the Witch' placards now. Not even Keating, at the lowest ebb of his popularity ever got the disrepect she got.

• Like 1

Well done the Kevin but i think he will have more of a uphill battle to win a national election

So the back stabbed has back stabbed her in return. Good on him. I feel really good that all the feminazis will be guttedclap2.gif

However, with all the revelations coming out about the ALP having lost most of it's grassroot members and being controlled by the unions it's time it was annihilated and rebuilt as a party of the people and not of the "faceless men" and the unions.

I wonder if Bill Shorten has managed to become a pariah though? He would have been a good leader to rebuild the party in opposition.

So, I hope to be seeing a new PM/ government soon, or whenever the election is going to be held. They certainly can't do any worse, and perhaps they really will start turning the boats back smile.png .

Similarly, the old crusties and Allan Jones disciples are wondering what they are going to do with their 'Ditch the Witch' placards now. Not even Keating, at the lowest ebb of his popularity ever got the disrepect she got.

Have you considered that she deserved the disrespect she got for being a liar and splitting the government, not to mention being a backstabber? I don't think Keating was ever so low.

There'd be a lot more feminists commenting on this topic (in general, not TV) if it were not for their commander in chief Sen. Penny Wong openly - ironic, no? - giving her vote to Rudd.

Surprised Abbott hasn't put forward a "no confidence" motion given his usual antics in the HoR during Question Time

Wonder how H.E Quinten Bryce is feeling, watching her son-in-law drag her through this, the loss of face would be catastrophic hahahaha tongue.png

A no confidence motion would be a trap for Tony, and hopefully he won't get caught. If there was an election now, apparently the Senate mid terms would have to be held in 6 months at a cost of millions.

While Julia Gillard's voice grated on me ... and millions of others,

there is one Labor politician who no longer serves is a man who

I could listen to all day.

sm_159.jpg

Barry Jones

Does anyone else here remember him?

• Like 2

Who is playing?

Not King Wally

QLD vrs NSW

Game 2

I never liked Garret as he supported the back stabbing liar, but I have to give him respect for sticking to his guns, unlike Wong, who sold out her principles.

While Julia Gillard's voice grated on me ... and millions of others,

there is one Labor politician who no longer serves is a man who

I could listen to all day.

sm_159.jpg

Barry Jones

Does anyone else here remember him?

He could talk all day too especially if it was about himself.

I had Parliament Time on in the background on the TV ... yes ... like sticking needles in ones eyes and ears.

Have to say, Kevin Rudd put in a polished performance.

No date for the Election yet.

Yes he did very well and was well prepared.

I have to give it to Tony Abbott and the respect he paid Stephen Smith when he announced his retirement.

• Like 2

The most disappointed person in Parliament House last night other than Julia Gillard was Tony Abbott.

Suddenly, Abbott faces an opponent far more popular than himself. The Opposition Leader's assured run to election victory has been radically disrupted.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/no-longer-the-martyr-its-time-for-rudd-to-lead-20130626-2oxt1.html#ixzz2XPSJhOXT

Rudd knows more about the CCP-PRC than perhaps any political leader in Australia, is fluent in Mandarin. How many leaders of countries, or FMs, are fluent in Mandarin?

Not everyone in the China field is impressed with Kevin Rudd's abilities.

In order to understand the nature of this problem, one needs to go no further than the example of a former Prime Minister with credible spoken Chinese but no evident comprehension of Chinese or other Asian cultural and political realities.

Reg Little, The Crisis in Western Thought, http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=15109&page=2

Edited by Xangsamhua
  • Like 1

I never liked Garret as he supported the back stabbing liar, but I have to give him respect for sticking to his guns, unlike Wong, who sold out her principles.

Garret was kept down, maybe because he had a lot of talent and the incumbent power brokers wanted him to know his place. I remember him having to eat pointless humble pie in the early days.

He was given the Environment Portfolio, an area close to his heart, but that came with a slap in the face when they took Water and Climate change away and gave them to Penny Wong. Instead of Garret getting the headlines in the area he was passionate about they had Wong, who had cut her teeth with the forestry and construction and mining unions. No wonder they lost core voters to the Greens.

Labor, across the country, needs to revisit what it is all about

• Like 1