Satellite Equipment Supplier

gharknes

Anyone tried DynaSat?

http://www.dynasat.com

I've got a DynaSat package... it's great! :D

If anyone wants to know who the main dealer is in Pattaya, PM me for details.

BTW, I am not in any way affiliated with the business... just a happy customer. :o

Had a quick look at the website. It makes mention of UBC, but when I clicked on the channel list it didn't seem to have any movie channels. Does it? And I only found one sports channel. How about Thai Sub titles?

Would appreciate the info.

Thanks

Anyone tried DynaSat?

BTW, I am not in any way affiliated with the business... just a happy customer. :o

Had a quick look at the website. It makes mention of UBC, but when I clicked on the channel list it didn't seem to have any movie channels. Does it? And I only found one sports channel. How about Thai Sub titles?

Thanks

I'm going for this one http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dream.html

seems to have all the right channels

Anyone tried DynaSat?

Thanks

No, it doesn't have Thai subs as it does not decode UBC. (Copyright reasons)

The DreamTV reception (from the Phillipines) as posted by gharknes is the one I watch most.

The DreamTV reception (from the Phillipines) as posted by gharknes is the one I watch most.

Have you got somewhere to stick the 4 meter diameter dish ???..

won't fit too well on a condo ballcony :D

7 1/2 foot diameter to be exact... :o

Reception should be no problem with a 7.5 feet dish, however a high quality (=low noise) LNB should be used.

Any transmission on the KU band (such as dream and UBC) will always be susceptible to fade out during heavy rainstorms. Ku-band frequencies simply do not penetrate water very good :o

Any transmission on the KU band (such as dream and UBC) will always be susceptible to fade out during heavy rainstorms. Ku-band frequencies simply do not penetrate water very good :o

We do experience some signal deterioration in heavy rain, but not enough to lose the picture completely.

We have more problems in high winds... I think our dish support needs additional bracing.

We have more problems in high winds... I think our dish support needs additional bracing.

Woohoo Jai Dee !

8,062 posts ! #4 on the all-time list ! Only 16 behind britmaveric for the #3 spot !

Pretty good for a guy with a full-time job ! :D

B.o.T.

I've been considering a sat system, but I want one that gets Canadian stations. I'm having hockey withdrawal symptoms :o

We had a set-up in Afghanistan (through a sub-contractor), but they were using one of those huge dishes (15'+ diameter).

It seems from what I've read here, most things are geared towards Thai and some English/Euro stations only ?

Or are there options to get stations from other countries as well ?

Pretty good for a guy with a full-time job ! :D

I'm not complaining about my job... :o

The secret to success (and heaps of spare time for ThaiVisa) is getting people organised. :D

It seems from what I've read here, most things are geared towards Thai and some English/Euro stations only ?

Or are there options to get stations from other countries as well ?

There are plenty of sats that have channels broadcast from other countries, although I can't say that I've ever seen any Canadian ones. This website lists some.

Here is a list of the channels broadcast from the Thaicom 3 satellite.

Hmmm, the selection of Canadian channels leaves a lot to be desired :o

Do you know, if I bought a system in Canada and brought it here, would it work ?

Or would I not be able to hit the satellite from here ?

(might be dependant on the "foot-print" of the provider's satellite I think ?)

Would I be legally allowed to do it ?

Can anyone direct me to a supplier for satellite equipment in Pattaya, I am specifically looking to recieve Dream TV from Agila 2

cheers

If you give Tery a ring on 016876694 he will be able to supply and fit the system you want,His shop is at the sukumvit end of south Pattaya road on the right hand side where all the baht buses stand You will see a large sattalite dish outside the shop.Good luck Rob

Can anyone direct me to a supplier for satellite equipment in Pattaya, I am specifically looking to recieve Dream TV from Agila 2

cheers

If you give Tery a ring on 016876694 he will be able to supply and fit the system you want,His shop is at the sukumvit end of south Pattaya road on the right hand side where all the baht buses stand You will see a large sattalite dish outside the shop.Good luck Rob

Not any more. He has seemed to have dissapeard again. Although I have not tried calling him.

Barry

cheers

Not any more. He has seemed to have dissapeard again. Although I have not tried calling him.

Barry

I've tracked down a guy in Ban Chang who provides everything, he also sends his customers a text message with any updates required to maintain reception, total price i believe will be about 20k, only hitch will be if the condo building i'm in refuse to let me install the dish on the roof, i live on the 11 floor so no problem getting the cable into my room

I've tracked down a guy in Ban Chang who provides everything, he also sends his customers a text message with any updates required to maintain reception, total price i believe will be about 20k

Does he have an email address ? Or a shop address ?

cheers

Barry

Terry is still in town... he's installing a system at a mate's place right now.

If anyone want's his number, send me a PM.

(In the interests of privacy I'm not going to publish it on a public forum.)

cheers

Barry

Terry is still in town... he's installing a system at a mate's place right now.

If anyone want's his number, send me a PM.

(In the interests of privacy I'm not going to publish it on a public forum.)

Jai Dee I've got his number, just as a point of interest where did he move his office too?

Barry

Reception should be no problem with a 7.5 feet dish, however a high quality (=low noise) LNB should be used.

What I have found out, and wish I would have known it before I installed my unit is that Dynasat also offers a 10.5 ft dish which gets reception even during cloudy days, and extremely sunny days when you have sun spots which is prevelant in Pattaya.

I found out from a dealer in Surrin just a few doors down from the Farrang Connection. The KU band is a very thin band.

Barry

Jai Dee I've got his number, just as a point of interest where did he move his office too?

Barry

He hasn't moved his office... it's about 50 yards down from Sukhumvit on Pattaya Tai on the left hand side as you're heading towards the beach... just around the corner from the slip road where all the baht buses congregate.