Web site designers

cerbera

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion never hire a local guy for your websites, they work very old school. I have never seen a good and functional website made by a local, it's always extremely ugly, cluttered and unfinished.

I do WordPress service, you can PM me if you need a goodlooking Google-friendly website for a very reasonable price, and need it fast. Eventually incuding quality webhosting in Europe.

Sucess!

'Only a website built by a Westerner is any good' Total bigoted poppycock! There will be good local people and bad ones- good Western people and bad ones but value for money? - i have my own opinion. 'Spelling mistakes?' Most website builders cut and paste what you write. My website was built by a Thai and it receives many plaudits , but arguing with the 'locals can't do anything sect' is a pure waste of time. Closed minds!

• Like 1

Have you seen there own website inventant.com ? I would not recommend this, crap design and lots of spelling mistakes. That's what I mean with 'webdesign by a local'. They just don't have it. Hire a foreigner esp. western Europe they are worlds best website makers.

"their"

cheesy.gif Make a spelling mistake whilst complaining about spelling mistakescheesy.gif

• Like 1

Have you seen there own website inventant.com ? I would not recommend this, crap design and lots of spelling mistakes. That's what I mean with 'webdesign by a local'. They just don't have it. Hire a foreigner esp. western Europe they are worlds best website makers.

"their"

cheesy.gif Make a spelling mistake whilst complaining about spelling mistakescheesy.gif

I'm not a native English speaker and posting some fast reply on a forum has nothing in common with professional webdesign.

U seem just looking for easy oneliners that make no sense cuz u soooo bored.

'Only a website built by a Westerner is any good' Total bigoted poppycock! There will be good local people and bad ones- good Western people and bad ones but value for money? - i have my own opinion. 'Spelling mistakes?' Most website builders cut and paste what you write. My website was built by a Thai and it receives many plaudits , but arguing with the 'locals can't do anything sect' is a pure waste of time. Closed minds!

You can posts 10 examples of professional, modern Thai webdesign below this line, for our information smile.png(NOT the one made abroad in e.g. Singapore for wealthy Thai companies)

The lack of progress in Web Design in Thailand

The more useful the web becomes the more problems it solves, in societies everywhere people are learning to use online tools to make their lives easier and as a by product solves bigger problems such as traffic, pollution. Since the web has made it so that people can do more from their homes, it reduces the need for people to commute which then reduces the amount of traffic and naturally reduces pollution.

In Thailand the progress of the web has been quite lacking. People in Thailand use the internet mainly for leisure purposes, to watch videos, social networks, read content online, mostly as a ‘toy’, to make that even worse most of the useful services that the Thais use are tools built in the US ie google, youtube, Facebook.

Currently there are absolutely no thai sites that are robust and reliable tools that people can use to make their lives easier. In this article we look at why the web hasn’t evolved in Thailand.

The Problem

Some of the most popular thai sites include, mthai.com, sanook.com, pantip.com, these are the sites where most thai internet users spend their time, or at the least they will have heard about one of these sites. If you look at the progress that these sites have been making in terms of designand content, you will see that they have been pretty much the same 5 years ago as they are today.

As you can see it looks exactly the same and does exactly the same things. The only differences are the advertisements on the page.Lets look at another example

We can see that over the 5 years sanook has done some revamps but in terms of the content and the layout the site still looks very cluttered with content. Not offering anything new to the table.

Another thing you’ll notice is that they try to add a lot of advertisement to the site.

On some of these sites they even pop up very obtrusive advertisements on the site. Some advertisements even block the user from viewing the content.

Edited by rubberduck

i am in CM.

if its a non-commercial website with a correct motivation and you are a nice person i might be interesting in doing it as a 1 off for free. (note that non-commercial does NOT include most NGO.)

caveat, you would have to check the spelling is to your own liking. fixing spelling/grammatical errors is quick and simple.

PM me the details .

Edited by requiredinfo

Remember that any company or person hired to create a website for you will also charge fees for it`s maintenance, for amendments and updates. It`s not always a viable.

Anyone considering having a website, either for commercial or personal purposes should create their own, and if not experienced, should learn, it`s easy once you get into it.

There is a recommended Thai based website host company that many big Thai companies use, including Thai Airways. Websites with own personal domain start from only 149 baht per month.

http://www.netdesignhost.com/

It is possible to use the hosts own templates or FTP uploads using HTML and CSS script coding.

Here is a freebie, the best on the market that comes highly recommend. 6GB web space and 50GB bandwidth, enough for anybody. FTP scripting service only.

http://www.zymic.com/

Both servers are free from ads. The free Zymic account has several choice free sub domains to choose from. All that is required is to log in to your account about once a month to let them see the account is being used and active.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Anyone considering having a website, either for commercial or personal purposes should create their own, and if not experienced, should learn, it`s easy once you get into it.

There is a recommended Thai based website host company that many big Thai companies use. Websites with own personal domain start from only 149 baht per month.

It is possible to use the hosts own templates or FTP uploads using HTML and CSS script coding.

Here is a freebie, the best on the market that comes highly recommend. 6GB web space and 50GB bandwidth, enough for anybody. FTP scripting service only.

Both servers are free from ads. The free Zymic account has several choice free sub domains to choose from. All that is required is to log in to your account about once a month to let them see the account is being used and active.

hey good find indeed: zymic. but dont put all your eggs irretrievably into the basket. this and many many many others like it have come and gone at short notice b4.

anyhow i'll bite while its here just to see how much they have crippled the php giggle.gif. also gigs of free bandwidth are nice even on a temp basis. now, where did i put that throw away email address host.biggrin.png

Edited by requiredinfo

There is a recommended Thai based website host company that many big Thai companies use. Websites with own personal domain start from only 149 baht per month.

hey good find indeed: zymic. but dont put all your eggs irretrievably into the basket. this and many many many others like it have come and gone at short notice b4.

anyhow i'll bite while its here just to see how much they have crippled the php giggle.gif. also gigs of free bandwidth are nice even on a temp basis. now, where did i put that throw away email address host.biggrin.png

I have a wealth of experience of website design and IT management and can tell you that the two host companies I have recommended have been running problem free for a considerable time. They are the best free and cheap website hosts around. They also don`t fall foul of the Web Of Trust big red mark of death, which could deter many viewers from visiting any particular websites.

Very easy, just do some lookups on these companies, the information is all there.

That`s my tips from my little birdies and my little birdies are reliable.

Edited by Beetlejuice

rats! well it was exciting till the few minutes it takes to get to:NE2FYIM.png

zymic bit like cosmic i guess

my email address should have expired by nowcheesy.gif

edit: no couldnt be bothered even trying with a proxy.

Edited by requiredinfo

Why not just use a site like www.godaddy.com?

Godaddy ? Are u nuts ? This webhostingprovider is unscrupulous garbage. Here you can read why.

They used "sexual advertising"? Does that mean they used women, who don't wear circus pants to advertise their services?

I'm using Sutat at 777designz. and have to agree his work is great (just as good as any western designer). It took me several attempts to get hold of him, but I think that's because he's so busy with a lot of work and clients - because his work is good!